New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qwertybirdy

02-03-2013

for someone that knows how buggy the client is... i would much rather it just be a loss than a NOPE you have to qualify again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

demiergos

02-04-2013

Right now their are icons for "new to league" and "hot streak", can Riot add one for people on your friends list? Right now it is not easy to find them in the lists because nothing is differentiating them from other players. Simple fix that would be really convenient (or at least put their names in different font lol).

Morilinian

02-04-2013

What do the green and red arrows right next to the same colored number on the left hand side of the league system page

IvAnSZe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

all of my fds ( hongkongers) suffer from 1600ping with no reason when we play ranked game

Agraajag

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrojefe View Post
I am not going to fall in the discussion of if elo hell exists or not, since its irrelevant.

The relevant part is, this change doesnt change A SINGLE BIT who you are being matched with. You will still be matched with the same people than you are now and that you would is the ELO systems continues.

The change is just visual, not in the matchmaking mechanic.

Again, nothing will change in the matchmaking system. And the probability of the case you provided might be low, but the probability of you being in gold tier division 5 and be matched with someone of silver division 5 or even bronze is not low. So divisions 5 will end up being what people call ELO hell now.
Nothing changes, they are making a huge announcement with a huge visual change with no core changes whatsoever.

I dont care how WoW matches Arenas, this is not WoW. I do recall hearing that in WoW you had a rating, you were matched by that rating and that only and you could see that rating. This is not the case here.

Again, i dont care how is it in WOW, i had the idea that in WoW people knew their rating and were all in a general ladder like ELO woks now.

But it is irrelevant, since this is not WoW.

And yes, Riot hiding our real matchmaking number IS THE POINT. Its a bad decision and i am seriously against it. I WANT to know my real matchmaking number, because it is that number the one that tells me if i really improved or not.

The system is worse than what we have now, because it takes information away from us.

Information is power, and they are stealing information we now have and we will not have anymore from us.
The problem they have is that that number wont show you whether you are improving or not, once the supply of new players dry up and/or less committed players start to wander away. Once that happens, it will be prefectly possible to get better, and see your elo drop, until the player supply stabilizes. Riot think you won't understand that, couldn't handle it, and would quit and not buy more skins. Rather than risk that they give us this nonsense which hides the number and puts an artificial floor under you. There is no guarantee that the player supply will stabilize, its a video game, and they dont have the guts to tell the real story, give real stats that would indicate how well you are playing, provide elo normalized against mean opponent experience, or generally do anything but blindly copy SC2 stupid attempt to address this issue. Its pretty sad really.

The first real esport will be open source.

Yhufir

02-04-2013

Ok so here's my problem with this: My LP progressed something like 0+22+38+48+57+63-49-23+38+52+63+72+85+92+96+97-77+87 (the first like 10 games I dont remember exactly but they're close enough, the last 8 games or so are the important ones)

I submitted a support ticket before I checked the forums. I figured it had to be bugged for a couple reasons:

1) 85 to 92 I had a 20-2 KDA, 92 to 96 I went 23-13, 96 to 97 I went 14-1 (97 to 77 I went 11-4). None of these numbers include assists. OBVIOUSLY not based on KDA.

2) I was duo with a buddy (who, for 2 of those games was in a Division series a teir above me) for all of the games I went up in rating starting at 63 (we lost 1 game in 6) who after the game I went from 96 to 97, he gained 23pts in his new division (0+23). BROKEN I SAY!

Now, for full disclosure, I have to say that my buddy was in Silver V going to Silver IV, while I was Bronze I going to Silver V. So maybe that has something to do with it. Also I thought maybe it has something to do with the #1 in my division had 97pts so when I went from 96 to 97 I figured my next win would boost me to 100 (since I had to drag my way past 1st place in order to get to the division series - kind of makes sense, right?).

Anyways, I'm distraught. if I'm gonna get <5 pts per win, I could get to 95, win 4 straight games and still only be at 99, lose 1 and drop to 79 (or lower) and have to win 6 (or more), in a row, just to get back to 99. Then win 1 to get to series THEN I have to win 3/5 to promote. That is ABSURD.

Adorable

02-04-2013

How does ELO decay work in this system?

Business Analyst

02-04-2013

tell me whats the point of having divisions when you can get queued with people of substantially lower division or not even in the same 'category'? It's nothing but to mask the garbage elo system.

Dixxen Cider

02-04-2013

Why is it that when you reach 90 league points you earn 3 points to 93, then 2 points to 95, then 1 point per game to 100, to reach your promotion out of bronze 1 to silver 5...but yet...if you lose when you have 97 points you drop to 83?

I won 9 games in a row....to get to 97 points, then got trolled and lost and went to 83. So now it appears I will have to win a game for 7 points to reach 90...then I'll get 3 more for 2nd consecutive win, then 2 more for a 3rd consecutive win for 95 points, then I'll have to win 5 in a row to reach promotion....but if I lose one of those I will again drop to the 80's. Why? Why? Why? Why??? Why do I not just lose 1 freaking point??? If I lost 1 point the punishment for bronze level trolls screwing me over would be so much less severe. This really makes me want to no longer play this game, because I was earning 20 league points a game...Which if you do the math 5 x 20 = 100 league points...all I would need to do would be to win 3 games out of 5 for my promotion to silver.

Therefore my 9 game in a row win streak should have put me in silver 5 and with my first win in silver 5. Instead I got stuck in the 90's bronze 5 and then had a severe punishment for 1 loss to where now I have to win 7 games in a row to reach a chance to promote myself...and 10 games in a row to actually get promoted. Why? It would not be this big of a deal for me to actually write on a forum, but in the preseason I was in silver elo, and the season started and I was dumped to bronze I, and now escape seems impossible because you just severely punished for one freaking loss.

Please respond to me I've been playing this game and using real money to buy champions since 2010. Thank you.

emonte

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Protato View Post
Why is it that when you reach 90 league points you earn 3 points to 93, then 2 points to 95, then 1 point per game to 100, to reach your promotion out of bronze 1 to silver 5...but yet...if you lose when you have 97 points you drop to 83?

I won 9 games in a row....to get to 97 points, then got trolled and lost and went to 83. So now it appears I will have to win a game for 7 points to reach 90...then I'll get 3 more for 2nd consecutive win, then 2 more for a 3rd consecutive win for 95 points, then I'll have to win 5 in a row to reach promotion....but if I lose one of those I will again drop to the 80's. Why? Why? Why? Why??? Why do I not just lose 1 freaking point??? If I lost 1 point the punishment for bronze level trolls screwing me over would be so much less severe. This really makes me want to no longer play this game, because I was earning 20 league points a game...Which if you do the math 5 x 20 = 100 league points...all I would need to do would be to win 3 games out of 5 for my promotion to silver.

Therefore my 9 game in a row win streak should have put me in silver 5 and with my first win in silver 5. Instead I got stuck in the 90's bronze 5 and then had a severe punishment for 1 loss to where now I have to win 7 games in a row to reach a chance to promote myself...and 10 games in a row to actually get promoted. Why? It would not be this big of a deal for me to actually write on a forum, but in the preseason I was in silver elo, and the season started and I was dumped to bronze I, and now escape seems impossible because you just severely punished for one freaking loss.

Please respond to me I've been playing this game and using real money to buy champions since 2010. Thank you.
Please let me know if someone answers this question. This example sounds like a huge problem that can develop with this system. Losing that many points and taking 2-4 games to get back to where you were is extremely frustrating and would deter most people. Has to be some leway for solo/duo que since thats where most of the trolling is found, especially the rage quitters.