Can gangplank still be built as a critcannon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsafe

02-04-2013

Generally my 6 item GP build is Philo, Avarice blade, Kage's Lucky Pick, Mercs(or tabi), Trinity Force, Ravenous Hydra. If it gets late enough into the game i'll upgrade pick into Shard of True Ice.

Gotta get my 30k gold.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
1 of 9 Riot Posts

Just a bit of conjecture / theorycrafting: Have actually been considering taking him mid.

Generally harder to get ganked. Oranges provide decent sustain and most mids if they go traditional caster will get outpoked if they're skill shot reliant.

Would never take it say vs a ryze or karthus. But against someone like Evelynn, Ori, maybe even katarina? I'd say he stands a fairly decent chance. His mobility should make him a decent roamer and if not you have your ult to back that up. The main challenge will be wave clearer's. But a Hydra should take care of that just fine. Also phys caster gangplank? Toss a muramana ala Ryze style.

U WIMBLY 4S CHAP

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
Just a bit of conjecture / theorycrafting: Have actually been considering taking him mid.

Generally harder to get ganked. Oranges provide decent sustain and most mids if they go traditional caster will get outpoked if they're skill shot reliant.

Would never take it say vs a ryze or karthus. But against someone like Evelynn, Ori, maybe even katarina? I'd say he stands a fairly decent chance. His mobility should make him a decent roamer and if not you have your ult to back that up. The main challenge will be wave clearer's. But a Hydra should take care of that just fine. Also phys caster gangplank? Toss a muramana ala Ryze style.
Use him against malz mid, laugh as he cant kill you for his life. (ap gp that is)

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by U WIMBLY 4S CHAP View Post
Use him against malz mid, laugh as he cant kill you for his life. (ap gp that is)
just the fact that you can cleanse his DoT is kinda mean for Malz. Edit: am way off here. thinking about his ult not his DoT.

U WIMBLY 4S CHAP

02-04-2013

Quote:
just the fact that you can cleanse his DoT is kinda mean for Malz.
Not to mention, blue buff. sad times for malz

Werewolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-04-2013

*Cough* Riot Uracan, you never added me in game from your Spanish Player Support thread

And it was K

02-04-2013

I feel unworthy of this name because I don't play Gangplank. I've resolved to level this account to 30 playing Gangplank only, but I seriously don't know how to build him. More info pls!

Yma Sumac

02-04-2013

Quote:

ahahahah absolutely ****ing hilarious

you have no idea about the state of the game do you?

GP sucks ass. Rushing Hydra? in what? 500 elo? No he gets blown up due to poor base stats, that is if you can even farm due to his horribly weak laning

League of Warmogs ruined him, Ninja tabi ruins his "burst" combo of Q + auto attack by 20%. He cannot itemize this season, he does not have a spammable damage skill, and he cannot auto attack due to poor attack speed. He himself cannot get Black Cleaver, and rushing warmogs while doing damage on GP is a myth

He can't do ****, he needs some of his nerfs reverted, as they were made in season 2 and have no context in season 3

MorellosNerfBat

02-04-2013

I remember when critplank was the only gangplank and you were yelled at for building slightest tank items

Constiplaytion

02-04-2013

Played GP mid against an Ori in the preseason, was definitely fun

Rushed Sheen and a Crit Cloak, got Mercs, IE, Warmog's, then Trinity cause I got fed. If the game continued I woulda got Shiv, LW and a red pot.