Do you think Ashe should be give a (small) rework?

No. Absolutely not. She's the Marry Poppins of LoL: Practically perfect in every way. 41 12.58%
I'm on the fence: Ashe is the most awesome but I can’t help thinking she could be better... 40 12.27%
Yes. But so small a change that most people wont even notice unless you mention it. 103 31.60%
To heck with SMALL! She's been so overlooked for so long it's like she's been FROZEN... in TIME! 142 43.56%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Ashe really does need a (small) rework

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdragon481 View Post
Also, any thoughts about my passive comments?
The point of this thread, for me, was to get a reading on the community. Find out what the general consensus is on actually making a change. I was hoping that a significant number of people would vote and we could actually get something done. The specifics of what could/should be done might be discussed more efficiently in a different thread (like this one: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2738132).

After reading several other people posting similar ideas I wanted to come up with a semi-comprehensive list of possible solutions to the Ashe problem:
•-Swap her Passive for her E alt. passive. (ie. Her passive scales at some interval, but her critical chance is scaled on lvl)
•-Allow the passive to increase until a critical strike is made (ie. Crit Chance grows by _% until a crit strike, then the crit chance starts at 0 again, increasing until the next crit strikes).
•-Give the Volley (W) a slight push-back effect, within the AoE. (The push-back range could be the complete distance of W or even as little as 1/3 W to be effective).
•-Make the Hawk-Shot (E - Activated) invisible to enemy team - OR - Make the direction of fire from E invisible but the splash remains visible to enemy team.
•-Move the E passive to Q (as passive) so the extra gold will only accumulate when Q isn't active. This may leave E open for an additional passive or a slight rework of it's own.
•-Scale the time on Hawk-Shot (E). Decreasing Cool-Down per level or Duration of Vision increase.
•-Change Hawk-Shot to an On-Hit Effect of Vision (ie. If you hit someone with Hawk-Shot, you are granted vision of that champion for X amount of time).
•-Add a small splash effect to Frost-Shot (Q).
•-Allow Volley to pass through enemy units -OR- Allow Volley to pass through a small number of enemy units (like 1-2 units with diminishing dmg effects).
•-Hawkshot, in addition to granting sight, does a small amount of damage in AoE
•-Hawkshot follows and grants sight of the nearest enemy champion for up to X seconds or Y distance
•-Passive: Apply frost every 3-5 hits depending on level (this will allow her to slow but not use all her mana in the process)
•-Passive: Every X hits Ashe does X% more dmg to her target (keep it low like 3 hits for 10% more dmg)
•-Have her passive increase her other abilities in some way. Like her hawkshot vision is slightly longer/wider, her slow is slightly stronger, or some other things to that effect
•-Swap the passive on E to her main passive and give a flat gold per kill scaled similar to tristanas range. then have her crit dmg scale with E so it's another dmg skill of sorts
•-Make it a flat increase to base crit rate instead of building over time (e.g. Ashe gains 5 / 9 / 13 / 17 / 21 / 25% bonus critical strike chance, based on level (1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16).

These are the ideas that a bunch of people and I came up with, in my other thread about what exactly the changes should be.

IonDragonX

02-04-2013

I still want to see support Ashe.
The build up of crit + her 600 range lets her poke the opponent instead of CS.
Her perma slow from her Q keeps the harass from being returned or else the ADC will have an early kill.
Tear of the goddess is cheap enough to get with support gold and charges with every frost shot.

I don't see why this isn't a thing. Especially paired with a high damage/low CC carry like Draven.

Yhufir

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
I think it could be made more useful by turning it into a % damage increase rather than crit chance.
There are a few problems with this concept, as I see it:

If you mean it should be a FLAT % increase, then why not just scale her better?
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's damage increases every X levels"
(Ashe's AD increases by ~2.85/lvl)
If you mean there's a CHANCE she'll do a % dmg increase, then what governs the chance? and how is that better than crit?
e.g. "Passive: Every X number of attacks / There is a Y% chance that, Ashe's next auto attack damage is increased by Z%."
(Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18% every 3 seconds while not attacking - Critical Strikes are 200% dmg)
I, personally, like the idea that Ashe's Critical Damage is increased/lvl or every 3 seconds like her passive.
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's Critical Damage is increased by 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50%"
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's Critical Strike Chance AND Critical Strike Damage increase by _% every _ seconds. (Max. 100/50%)"

Yhufir

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
I still want to see support Ashe.
The build up of crit + her 600 range lets her poke the opponent instead of CS.
Her perma slow from her Q keeps the harass from being returned or else the ADC will have an early kill.
Tear of the goddess is cheap enough to get with support gold and charges with every frost shot.

I don't see why this isn't a thing. Especially paired with a high damage/low CC carry like Draven.

1) I, and many others, do support Ashe. She's epic. Just like every other support, you have to know what to do with her. And the new masteries have made it a little easier which is nice.

2) It's a little sad to see the Best ADC in the game (verifiable - true - handsdown - uncontestable - irrefutable - demonstrative - absolute FACT. Look it up.) being used as a support because the freaking Ezreal/Corki/Graves baby b!tches dont wanna get ****ing pwnd by a girl. THERE. I SAID IT.

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Man, I love Ashe, and she was the second champion I bought I believe back in the Season 1 days...

Dude, she was reworked as soon as the overhauled AD champions, and heck if you say she doesn't need a rework you are very foolish.

I like involved gameplay, not right clicking on someone and killing them... All you have to do on ASHE is turn her Q on, and either kite while your tank and team CC's everyone or you get picked off and die within a second and contribute nothing to a team fight.

Honestly, I think the skill aspect on Ashe needs to be dialed up, and her overall Strength needs to get boosted by a lot, not necessarily on her damage, but on her escape mechanics and overall ability to Kite an enemy champion in an immersing way.

-Kanacho

Thubgar

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhufir View Post
There are a few problems with this concept, as I see it:

If you mean it should be a FLAT % increase, then why not just scale her better?
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's damage increases every X levels"
(Ashe's AD increases by ~2.85/lvl)
If you mean there's a CHANCE she'll do a % dmg increase, then what governs the chance? and how is that better than crit?
e.g. "Passive: Every X number of attacks / There is a Y% chance that, Ashe's next auto attack damage is increased by Z%."
(Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18% every 3 seconds while not attacking - Critical Strikes are 200% dmg)
I, personally, like the idea that Ashe's Critical Damage is increased/lvl or every 3 seconds like her passive.
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's Critical Damage is increased by 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50%"
e.g. "Passive: Ashe's Critical Strike Chance AND Critical Strike Damage increase by _% every _ seconds. (Max. 100/50%)"
nonono, i mean like
"ashe's damage increase by x% per second while not attacking (to a cap). is expended on attack"

that way, waiting 4 or 5 seconds then shooting someone would actually do something reliably.
as it is, a lane can be randomly won because the RNG gave her 3 crits off of her passive, or did nothing because it never worked below full crit chance. in the long run crit and this would work the same, but would act more stable and dependably.

rfkannen

02-04-2013

just my thoughts but either ad an ad ratio to her q and r, or add a ap ratio to her w.

ManlyTeemo

02-04-2013

Passive needs to reset on successful crit, rather than any auto attack.
... or...
Ashe deals x% bonus damage to slowed champions

Yhufir

02-04-2013

I know Riot has some other, less important, things to do but cant we just put this to a vote? Just make everyone who signs in once in the next week has to vote before you hit the main lobby. Seems like a real easy way to find out if this is worth their time or not.

Yhufir

02-05-2013

self bumping

12345612 ... 17