Do you think Ashe should be give a (small) rework?

No. Absolutely not. She's the Marry Poppins of LoL: Practically perfect in every way. 41 12.58%
I'm on the fence: Ashe is the most awesome but I canít help thinking she could be better... 40 12.27%
Yes. But so small a change that most people wont even notice unless you mention it. 103 31.60%
To heck with SMALL! She's been so overlooked for so long it's like she's been FROZEN... in TIME! 142 43.56%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Ashe really does need a (small) rework

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

02-04-2013

Alright, -full disclosure- I freaking love Ashe.

But she's simply not a viable champ in about 90% of the games I play. Occasionally I get to play her but usually it's when my first pick is taken AND she's a reasonable counter to the enemy adc AND my team has decent peel AND I'm in the mood to struggle for 25minutes before I get to actually play instead of cower under my turret in fear of any gank with CC.

I know a lot of you will cry that she has so much utility she doesnt need any kind of rework and that I must suck because __________________.

But seriously, I've put this out there for the forums before and I wanna get a new temperature of the rooms:

Do you think Ashe could use a rework?
(I listed some great options/ideas for simple and small changes that could make her completely viable or at least a little more consistent here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2738132)

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

i think she could use an escape mechanic but that's about it no point in reworking a very viable champion and a counter against a lot of aggressive short ranged carries... also i dont see particularly any problem with her ratios so yeah the only rework imo needs to be an escape mechanic maybe something like nautilus's anchor ashe could have a short range rope hook to dash to friendly minions/ walls/etc... (not a reliable escape mechanic but whatevs ... )

Intrepid Fury

02-04-2013

So many classic champs could use just a liiiittle modernization, if you will. With the introduction of so many new champions, mechanics, and items, it's easy for a champion as linear as ashe to be left behind. However something as little as a .15% ad Ratio on her Q, per shot, would make a huge difference. Just something to get her out of the awkward ass early game where it's like yeah my champion doesn't do a whole lot right now.

Yfrappefort

02-04-2013

The only thing Ashe need is a new passive.

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

no man that passive of her currently rapes face... especially if ur smart about it early game... if ur talking about reworking hte passive then i'd rather just have it scale with level and be flat crit % but more than anythign she just needs an escape mechanic... otherwise she's golden ...

masterdragon481

02-04-2013

Only things I think ashe really needs are a new passive and a new E.

Her passive is really only strong when she first comes into lane. This guaranteed crit will probably get used on a minion and from this point on she essentially has no passive because (1) she is always auto attacking, and (2) even if she wasn't, the crit chance stacks to slowly to ever get it to a reasonable amount. She even loses her passive charge when attacking towers, something renekton and tryndamere don't even suffer from. I am a strong advocate of the popular choice of keeping the crit percent chance stacking until she crits. she will get them in lane it late game it will mean she is a little more consistent with her crits.

Her E needs something else entirely. Lets start with the passive. extra free gold is nice, but considering you will be getting one extra gold because this ability is always maxed last, its really not helpful. Not to mention the only thing additional levels of the ability gives is more gold; no cooldown reduction or other effect for the active that i will now talk about. The people arguing to leave her E as is say "its free vision so its fine" Well, congrats, ashe, a carry, has a clarvoyence with limited range. This ability has few uses; getting vision on champions that are running away from her as she attempts to chase them down and checking objectives. But it is not useful for avoiding ganks and does not help her stay alive or kill an opponent faster.

I don't actually want to give her an escape, I feel like that would take her away from her character too much. I would love to see her get a passive that is useful more than just the start of every team fight and coming back into lane. And more importantly, I would like to see her get an actual ability on her E

Yontwisess

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdragon481 View Post
Only things I think ashe really needs are a new passive and a new E.

Her passive is really only strong when she first comes into lane. This guaranteed crit will probably get used on a minion and from this point on she essentially has no passive because (1) she is always auto attacking, and (2) even if she wasn't, the crit chance stacks to slowly to ever get it to a reasonable amount. She even loses her passive charge when attacking towers, something renekton and tryndamere don't even suffer from. I am a strong advocate of the popular choice of keeping the crit percent chance stacking until she crits. she will get them in lane it late game it will mean she is a little more consistent with her crits.

Her E needs something else entirely. Lets start with the passive. extra free gold is nice, but considering you will be getting one extra gold because this ability is always maxed last, its really not helpful. Not to mention the only thing additional levels of the ability gives is more gold; no cooldown reduction or other effect for the active that i will now talk about. The people arguing to leave her E as is say "its free vision so its fine" Well, congrats, ashe, a carry, has a clarvoyence with limited range. This ability has few uses; getting vision on champions that are running away from her as she attempts to chase them down and checking objectives. But it is not useful for avoiding ganks and does not help her stay alive or kill an opponent faster.

I don't actually want to give her an escape, I feel like that would take her away from her character too much. I would love to see her get a passive that is useful more than just the start of every team fight and coming back into lane. And more importantly, I would like to see her get an actual ability on her E
I actually max her E first and get huehue results midgame->late game
I don't see why people are so hell bent on maxing W first, you aren't really gonna out harass or out exchange any other adcs in lane, and for utility, getting more points in Q would be more useful, since you kite better using Q than using W once (no matter the level) during an early game gank (from your jungler and from theirs)

Try R>E>Q>W, you'll get fantastic results.

masterdragon481

02-04-2013

That actually doesn't seem like a terrible idea, my concern becomes you lack the ability to trade (although i suppose you shouldnt be trying to trade with ashe), and more importantly clear waves. Having the W on a long cooldown really hurts, but that could be because I am more used to playing graves than ashe. I understand why you want to take E first, but then you are missing out on literally everything that could save you in a fight/gank....... and getting nothing but extra gold for it. Especially in solo queue, it seems a very risky leveling path to follow.

Also, any thoughts about my passive comments?

Neo Cyrus

02-04-2013

Ashe needs a real passive and stronger per level scaling. Sure she has a lot of utility but her scaling is so weak that it can be considerably buffed without making her OP. Her damage scaling is even lower than Ezreal who has far better utility than her because he has a free super flash, it puts summoner flash to shame. Ashe has no real escape, and the lowest base movement speed... her slow can hardly help her escape because the time of the slow is so short she has to kite, can't do that with more than 1 target chasing you (such as a regular bottom lane) assuming they're not retarded.

Thubgar

02-04-2013

she still sees competitive use, people.

her passive is just wonky and unreliable most of the time becuase it's so random. I think it could be made more useful by turning it into a % damage increase rather than crit chance. that way it won't randomly win the lane or potentially do nothing 90% of the game.

1234511 ... 17