What to do about AFKs/DCs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden007

02-04-2013

IF any of you people are like me you will agree that DCs and AFKs are the worst things that can happen in a game worse than even a troll. Riot seriously needs to come up with a solution to counter act these two huge problems. I am in extremely low ranking and it is a common sight to see one or more of these in a game from both sides.

My last game contained two AFKs/DCs on my team. If it was a normal game i would not have minded so much, but being a ranked game it was extremely frustrating for me and my other two remaining teammates. The game before that was my 3rd game for my series. I had lost my first and won my second, if i had won this i could have advanced into the next division. Because of multiple DCs from my teammates i was unable to complete my best of three series.

I am writing this thread so that others can bring new and fresh ideas to help come up with a solution to this problem. Please spread the word around to not only bring more ideas but also to get RIOTS attention and put pressure to solve or counteract these issues.

There needs to be a cushion for those who actually stay in the game. Some i ideas i have had:

1. If it is a ranked game whoever remains on the team until the end only lose half of the league points they would have lost if they had a full team.

2. Whoever DCs will lose the entirety of the normal league points lost in a defeat.

3. If the game is part of a series required for Division advancement the non-dcs will remain at 100 League points, but would need to restart their best of three.

4. Similar to point 2, any DCs that are in their best of three will lose the normal amount of league points lost in a defeat.

Thanks for reading! Spread the word! Post some of you ideas!

Jackarougi

02-04-2013

All the ideas are really awesome.

SlugLyfe

02-05-2013

I think that's great. But just because I'm spiteful, how about doubling the penalty for the DCers? It only makes sense to penalize them more than those that didn't DC

Chúgs

02-05-2013

beat them up

FedeDotti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

this would be good

The Illusionaryy

02-05-2013

Well... don't report anyone who leaves because you think they afk'd

TuckerP

02-05-2013

What if someone genuinely is having connection problems?

Spew

02-05-2013

Nothing

WorstAlistarEver

02-05-2013

i don't know what we could do but recently the amount of dced and afk is just fukin ridiculous.

Golden007

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLyfe View Post
I think that's great. But just because I'm spiteful, how about doubling the penalty for the DCers? It only makes sense to penalize them more than those that didn't DC
I had thought of this, but i decided against it because sometimes i feel people might have reasons outside of their control as cause of their dcs. The tricky thing is a balance between Consequences, Understanding, and Abuse Prevention. If we make it too harsh many people will be left out to dry and it lowers the motivation to play ranked games. If we make things too easy some will abuse the system and DC if they feel they are going to lose.