Champion Auditions - Thresh, the Chain Warden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

02-01-2013

perhaps another 24 hours before we close this offically?

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-01-2013

Maybe.

Ásk Ryze

02-01-2013

Bump.

Ask the Lunari

02-02-2013

*Hums the Lunari Motif while bumping*

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-02-2013

Okay, well, people have had enough time.

We've got our two competitors! Auditions are OPEN!!

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

A Dark Passage lies ahead for them... Bring them Damnation! Send them to the Box where the Chain Warden will Flay them alive! But they will not receive their Death Sentence yet... oh no... He's just getting started...

Ask the Lunari

02-03-2013

Bump for our two competitors.

Ask Thresh

02-03-2013

(And so it begins in proper....)

Thresh, the Chain Warden
================================================== =====
The screams of yet another poor soul echoed through the dank, dark dungeon that the Warden called his home. His most recent toy had succumbed to the Warden's torture all too quickly, for, not long after it had begun, the screaming stopped altogether. A deathly quiet filled the cells outside as their inhabitants prayed to whatever dark god was patron to prisoners that the Warden had his fill of torment for the night.

The silence was broken by the clatter of chains against the hard stone floor of the prison, their ominous scrape filling the inmates' hearts with dread at what was to come. The Warden was not satisfied by the meager display of agony offered to him, and was seeking a new victim. One upon which he could slake his cruel desires, now augmented by the anger at loosing yet another inmate to weakness.

The Warden stalked down a row of cells, dragging his chains behind him as his predatory gaze drifted over the inmates within. They were HIS inmates, to do whatever he pleased with. And their suffering at his hands pleased him very much.

The Warden thrashed one of his chains against the bars of a cell, causing it's occupants to cower in the corner, afraid of the pain that might be to come. These ones he had already broken. Now, they could feel nothing but fear and pain. They would offer him little resistance. The Warden continued to stalk down the rows and rows of cells until he had found the man he was looking for: A new inmate with a scar on his cheek and a sneer covering the rest of his face. This man had committed innumerable crimes, and had broken out of several other prisons before arriving here. Some of the inmates whispered, when they thought He could not hear them, that the new inmate feared no man alive or dead.

The Warden would be the judge of that.

Three inmates huddled together in their cell, whispering amongst each other. Ever since that new guy came 'ere, I've finally been able to get some sleep. Y'know, without worryin' that the Warden was gonna come up an' grab me. One of the inmates, a bald man, whispered to the others. It's almost like bein' in a normal prison again.
Too bad there's not any wood 'round here to knock on, Devin. The second inmate, who had his ear cut off some time back by the Warden, replied. The new guy's startin' to crack. I can see it in his eyes.
The bald man, Devin, cursed under his breath. Just wonderful. Who knows who he'll take next? You? Me? It could be any one of us!
The third man, who had been silent up until now, spoke slowly. What if...We took matters into our own hands?
The other two inmates stared at him dumbly for a few moments, as if he were pants-on-head crazy. ....Are you NUTS, Edmond? He'll skin us alive for that, and you and we all know he's done that before! The one-eared inmate hissed.
No, I'm not, Lenny. Edmond replied, now with more confidence. It's not like the Warden is some kinda wizard or something. He's only human. That, and when was the last time somebody stood up to him? Neither of the other inmates replied, as they could not remember such a time. Thought so. He won't be expecting retaliation. If we wanna get out of here someday, then we gotta give the Warden a piece of his own medicine. Edmond surmised, then leaned closer to the others. Alright, here's the plan...

The Warden awoke to a sound he had not heard since he first arrived in this prison: A brawl amongst the prisoners. Someone was starting a fight, and likely harming others. Stealing pain that rightfully belonged to him and him alone. Quickly, the chains came down from their hooks on the wall. Quickly, the scraping chains accompanied by the Warden's footsteps approached the brawl. And, just as quickly, the Warden opened the cell and lashed his hateful chains towards the prisoners.

Much to the Warden's surprise, their aggression was turned towards him as the inmates, now recognized as Devin, Lenny, and Edmond, seized his chains and pulled him in as one. They wrapped the chains around his neck and passed them through the bars into the next cell over, where a fourth inmate pinned him against the cell wall and strangled him with the very weapons he used to break the souls and minds of so many prisoners. For the first time, it was the Warden who felt fear. But even this was momentary; the lack of oxygen soon got to the Warden's mind as he slipped into darkness, and fell limp in his chains, now used as a tool of liberation instead of fear.

Ages passed , and the Warden was all but forgotten. That is, before a series of disappearances started to crop up, the deaths shaded equally across the city-states of Valoran. First a famous gladiator in Noxus (Others are assumed to have gone missing and not been noticed as such) went missing, then was found dead in an alleyway some time later. Then several citizens of Piltover also went missing, followed by reports from Demacia, Zaun, and Ionia of similar circumstances. The search always ended the same: A battered corpse with bruise-marks that looked as if they were from chains and a face frozen mid-scream, as if the poor soul had been killed in an instant and left for dead. The more superstitious investigators claimed that the bodies looked 'like they had their souls ripped straight from their bodies', but such a claim was illogical.

Soon after the first few disappearances, rumors started to crop up about a spectral being who would torment and hunt down these victims. They called it 'The Thresher', or 'Thresh', as they thought that the spectral...thing...stole the souls of it's victims and then discarded the body, like threshing grain from the plant. Some even began to boast that they had seen Thresh and lived to tell the tale. Others soon learned not to boast of such things, as those who did were found dead soon after, killed in far more painful and gruesome ways than those that the Thresher hunted unprovoked.

Three months after the disappearances began, a tall being clad in tattered leather and bearing a cruel scythe in one hand and a lantern in the other approached the Institute of War. It's head was wreathed in green, sickly energy that also emanated from the lantern it held. Chains made from bones adorned the specter's garb and weaponry, giving an ominous rattle to it's footsteps as it slowly and deliberately climbed the stairs to the Institute before rapping it's gauntlet-clad fist upon the doorway. W-who goes there? a guard stuttered from the other side of the Institute's doorway. The being cackled before speaking it's reply.
Your fear amuses me. I am Thresh, the Chain Warden, and I demand admittance into your 'League of Legends'!

=====================================
Interview
=====================================
Fasten your seatbelts, viewers, because Ram Steed is going to take you where no reporter has gone before: a LIVE interview with the League's newest Champion, Thresh the Chain Warden!

Ram:
Is this thing on?... What? It's recording? O.K. then.
Ram cleared his throat before looking into the camera.
Here we are, outside Thresh's special chamber within the League's main building. With me is Summoner Evan, the...Public Relations Assistant assigned to the Chain Warden. Evan, is there anything we should know before Interviewing Thresh?

Evan:
Well, Ram, Thresh is an incredibly volatile champion, but it's not like you haven't dealt with violent champions before. I'm just here to make sure that everything runs smoothly. We wouldn't want any civilian deaths at the hands of a Champion...That would just be bad publicity. Especially on...You said this was a live show?

Ram
nodded in response.

Evan:
That's...just excellent. Right this way.

Evan led Ram and the Cameraman into Thresh's chamber, which was barren besides a circle of runestones surrounding the Warden himself and a chair, upon which Thresh had seated himself.

Thresh:
So, this is the 'Ram Steed' you speak of, hm?

Ram:
Yep, that's...That's me. Ram stuttered I'm sure that Evan has walked you through this, but I would like to ask you a few questions about your opinions on other Champions in the League.

Thresh:
Thresh paused for a moment, then stood. Very well. Just know that, regardless of what I say here, ...they will all still die by my LASH!

Thresh swung his scythe-chain at Ram with his last few words, the hooked point barely prevented from puncturing the reporter's head by a golden shield of light, created at the last moment by Evan. Ram, clearly startled, backpedaled too quickly away from the scythe and landed on his rear.

Evan:
Thresh, that's enough. We won't be having any more violence from you, understood?

Thresh:
Like that buffoon could quench my thirst for suffering. He would not last a hour with me; I was merely going to put him out of his misery. He turned to Ram and sat down once more. Ask your questions, Ram Steed, before my patience with you grows even thinner.

Ram:
Still shaken, Ram stands and pulls out his notes. W-w-what do you think of Yorick, the Gravedigger?

Thresh:
Ah, Yorick. His soul would be a jewel amongst my collection. He has always been far more than a nuisance to me whenever he haunts the Shadow Isles. He was always trying to release the souls that were rightfully mine and mine alone, claiming that they would 'ascend higher into the Afterlife'. Pah! They would just wallow in their graves until they burned out of existence... We have both fought in the past, but I have not seen him since he last left the Shadow Isles. Thresh paused for a moment. I find him to be very much to be an opposite of myself. Oh, the torments I have saved up for him... Thresh started to cackle quietly.

Ram:
Ram waited until Thresh was finished. I-I see. Now...What about Nocturne, the Eternal Nightmare?

Thresh:
Nocturne is, in many ways, like myself. We both enjoy tormenting our victims, but he seems almost...bestial. He hunts for the hunt's sake, and feeds on the fear of his victims, or so Evan has told me. Beside this one flaw, I find him to be almost a kindred spirit. Not that I would be against claiming whatever soul that creature has, in the end....I wonder what kind of torment a creature of nightmares fears most...

Ram:
Interesting...What of Karthus, the Deathsinger?

Thresh:
I have heard of the Lich before. The summoners say that he is very powerful, and I am intrigued by his fascination with death. That he was able to transcend his own death is impressive in and of itself, but being deathless still does not mean he can feel no torment. I have spent thousands of years finding ways to break the souls of the living and dead, his soul will fare no better.

Ram:
Well...that's, um...that's just dandy. For the final question, I am sure you have heard of the Yordle known as Veigar. He often boasts about how he steals the souls of his victims, just as you steal the souls of yours. What are your thoughts on him?

Thresh:
That Yordle is a fool if he truly thinks that he can steal souls with his magic! I have had the pleasure of fighting against the pitiful Veigar in my first League match, before the Summoners knew what restrictions to put on me in the field. I can tell you this much: He no more steals souls with his magic than any other champion. Thresh looks off into the distance forlornly. I can still remember his pitiful pleas for mercy as I drove my scythe into his torso and ripped his soul from his body, just before the Summoners took him from me...

Ram:
Al-righty then...erm...I guess that just about wraps things up. If I might have one more question for you...Why did you join the League of Legends?

Thresh:
Thresh laughed evilly. That is for me to know, and you to experience later. Now, I wonder where your protector went off to...

Ram Steed, confused, quickly glanced around the room, but could find no sight of Evan. A chill fell over him as his eyes were drawn to the lantern Thresh held, and, for the briefest of moments, he could have sworn he saw the summoner's face, contorted in pain, against the glass.

Thresh: "The souls of mortals only last so long without something to contain them...I preserve this one for convenience."

Ram:
You mean he...You....But he was just... Ram trailed off into a horrified silence.

Thresh stood, spinning his scythe-chain and slowly advancing upon the Reporter and his Cameraman.

Thresh:
Run, Ram Steed. Before I change my mind about how and when I will end your pitiful existence.

Not one to miss out on an escape, Ram and the Cameraman bolted for the door and shut it behind them, before continuing to make a run for their lives away from the Institute.

Ram: Well, folks, at least we made it out of there with our souls intact. This has been Ram Steed with a most exciting interview with Thresh the Chain warden, and I bid you all a good night!

===============================
Bonus Activity: Creepypasta!
===============================
John wandered through the woods, calling out for his twelve-year-old daughter, Melanie. She had been playing in the woods with her friends, but that was many hours ago by now. He had made it clear to her before she left that she should have been home hours ago. Melanie? Melanie, it's time you came home...The sun's almost set.... John called out, but to no avail. Soon, the only light by which he could see was that coming from his own lantern.

By now, John's voice was horse from calling out to whomever might be listening, and, hopefully, his daughter. Melanie! Where are you?? He called weakly. He wold not give up on his only child. John's wife, Elaine, would probably be worried for him by now...But she would likely die of worry if he returned empty-handed. He would carry on, at least for an hour more, before he tuned back.

Just as his hopes were beginning to fade, John saw the curly, brunette head of his daughter poke out from behind a tree. Too exhausted and elated to say anything, he simply ran to meet her and held her in a tight embrace. Before he could open his mouth to say anything, Melanie wormed her way out of John's arms and dashed off a ways before turning to her father, urging him to follow her. C'mon, daddy! I wanna show you something! John sighed and shook his head. Small children would never learn, sometimes, and he might as well humor her. He stood and followed her into a large clearing, which, at it's center, held a strangely alluring lantern lit with an ethereal, green flame.

As John and Melanie approached the Lantern in a state of awe, Melanie turned to her father with a look of remorse. Daddy...I'm sorry...I had no choice...
What do you mean, sweetheart? What's going- John was cut off when his daughter screamed in pain and dissolved into a spectral green light which was absorbed into the lantern as if she was never there to begin with. Mel...Melanie?? MELANIE!!! John, horrified that he had only just found his daugher only to have her snatched away from him, reached through the air where she was, in case it was a mirage. When that proved unsuccessful, he reached for the offending lantern, ready to bash it open if need be to retrieve his daughter.

He had no chance to do so, however, as the lantern was yanked back along a previously unseen chain at it's top. John's eyes followed the chain as it trailed into the woods, dragging the lantern towards a black-clad being. With a burst of Emerald light that easily overpowered the light from John's own lantern, the specter revealed it's horrible appearance to all who might be watching. It was clad in tattered leather adorned with bones and chains, and wore a pair of green-glowing gauntlets upon it's hands. It's twisted, inhuman face was suspended upon a gout of greenish flame, which seemed to twist into tortured faces as if the creature were fueled by the souls of the dammed. He worst part of the creature was it's chains: The creature was all but adorned in chains made to look like blackened bones, and carried the lantern on one chain and a cruel scythe on another.
It was the most horrifying thing John had seen in his life. He backpedaled for a few steps before breaking into a short-lived sprint. Spectral walls rose from the ground before him, and he could do little but run directly into the field. The wall shattered, but John felt as if he had been struck in the head by a Demacian war-hammer, causing him to loose his footing and stumble forward in his dizziness. This momentary sensation was sundered when the creature swung it's chain-scythe, embedding it in his side and drawing him closer with the chain before dislodging the chain-scythe and swinging it again, this time in a blow to strike John down. The specter's aim was true, and the scythe made a clean cut across John's midsection, causing it to bleed profusely between that wound and the wound where the hooked scythe had punctured his side. Dropping to his knees, John coughed up blood as he weakly asked the creature, ...Why did you... *cough* ...kill my daughter?
Killed her? The specter replied, almost bemused at the question. No. Nothing that simple. It raised it's scythe one last time to deliver the killing blow.

A sudden blackness overtook John as the scythe-chain bore down upon his skull, followed soon after by wave after wave of unimaginable pain. Just as suddenly as he arrived into this void he was thrust out into the light, now bearing shackles on his wrists which bound him to the lantern, but did not impede his movement greatly. As John's eyes adjusted to the light of the rising sun, he realized that he was in front of his own home. You will go inside and bring her to me. The creature, who John realized was standing behind him, said in a commanding tone. John new that the thing was talking about his wife. You will all suffer eternity together.
What? No! Never! I would not betray my own family this way! He exclaimed, then cried out in agony as the shackles on his wrist lit his every nerve on fire...that is, if he still had nerves anymore.
You will do as I say, or more pain will come both for you...and your daughter. The creature told John, and held it's lantern up to reveal Melanie's face, contorted in pain from an unknown source. After many hours of constant agony, John's resolve was finally broken, and, to relieve Melanie of her torment, he relented to the warden's demands. The pain ended as abruptly as it began, and the creature smiled. Good boy. Now, go fetch your wife. We have a family reunion to orchestrate.

John stood upon shaky legs and approached the door to his home, knocking thrice upon the frame and reaching for the doorknob. He hadn't a chance before his wife threw the door open and kissed him soundly. Elaine cried in John's arms as she held him in her own. You were missing all night...I thought I had lost you both....I...I can't bear that...
It will be okay...Let's step outside. There's .something I want to show you. John replied, a pang of remorse showing in his voice as he gently stroked Elaine's hair. He released her and took her out of the house and towards the treeline, where the spectral jailer was hiding. It was some sick miracle that she did not see the chains on John's wrists, or the creature itself. When he had come far enough, the thing began to spin it's cruel chain-scythe, ready to impale Elaine upon it's blade. John turned to his wife and looked into her eyes, his sorrow and guilt apparent through his gaze.

My love....I'm sorry. I had no choice.

(I hope you enjoy this submission! If people liked my creepypasta enough, I might just submit it to fanfiction .net, so let me know!)

Ásk Ryze

02-04-2013

(Bump)
(You did well, kid. Now let's see what the other Thresh has to offer.)

Ask the Chains

02-05-2013

((just want to know, when exactly is this due? Been working on it but things get in the way sometimes.))