RiotPenguin's AMA and Update Thread!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Free Gray Screen

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
Sorry to be all corporate and boring about this, but to tell you anything that you don't already know would be very very illegal
Well, then whats the coolest thing you're currently working on, NON LoL related? Any personal projects in your free time? Or do personal projects not exist anymore cause ya dedicate all your energy to Riot?

CloneWarrior

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canfrith View Post
Molten Trundle...he needs a cool skin so badly.
A molten skin would be sweet! I was thinking last last playing trundle that his Pillar of Filth spell would look sweet as a huge ice burg! North Pole Trundle, or something along those lines, haha.

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

Follow RiotPenguin on Twitter

02-03-2013
9 of 37 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Gray Screen View Post
Well, then whats the coolest thing you're currently working on, NON LoL related? Any personal projects in your free time? Or do personal projects not exist anymore cause ya dedicate all your energy to Riot?
I've been meaning to start a blog - but I often take my skins work home with me (because I really love working them!) and the rest of my time goes to community games with you all, martial arts and swing dancing. But when I DO start that blog, I'll post it here

Cheshire Lunacy

02-03-2013

Penguin will you play some bot matches with me? I will write you an epic story too. and i won't ask for Rp not even 1rp

Penguin I will give you the most buetifull pebble I can find if you would just be my friend.

T.T I feel like Amumu here.

Veloce Visrin

02-03-2013

Hey RiotPenguin~

I'm an aspiring concept artist. Do you have any tips or insights or stuff on the job? I mean, I've researched the job before which is why I'm interested but I want to hear a kind of personal view ((?) idk how else to say this...)

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

02-03-2013
10 of 37 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia Megido View Post
Hey RiotPenguin~

I'm an aspiring concept artist. Do you have any tips or insights or stuff on the job? I mean, I've researched the job before which is why I'm interested but I want to hear a kind of personal view ((?) idk how else to say this...)
Here are two threads where I've answered a bunch of questions about concept art as a profession - Take a look at these and let me know if you have any other questions :]

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2348981

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2556739

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

02-03-2013
11 of 37 Riot Posts

once again with le game update!

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Teemo already has an evil skin

its the default one

Super Explosion

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
Teemo already has an evil skin

its the default one
You have not yet known the true terror,

Of Cottontail Teemo.

Edit: If ever there was a time to tryhard, it's probably when one of those is on the enemy team.

Sënuch

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
Hey everyone! I'm RiotPenguin - Nice to meet you!

I regularly play community games in the evenings and post my games on Twitter (@RiotPenguin) - but for those of you who don't follow twitter, I'll be posting here as well, so keep an eye out!:

************************************************** *******************************************
*UPDATES:*
************************************************** *******************************************

(2/3/13 - 7:58pm) ARAM time! "Riot Penguin's Party!" - NA, no password. GO GO GO!

(2/3/13 - 1:26pm) Friends list at 272! Maxes out at 300

FAQs:

"What do you do at Riot?"
-- I'm a concept artist working on skins and various other projects

"How long have you been at Riot?"
-- Coming up on a year in March!

"What have you worked on that we've seen?"
-- I've design Headless Hecarim; the World Championship Summoner's Cup; and all the ward skins and summoner icons for the Shadow Isles and Snowdown events.

"So what are you working on now?
-- Unfortunately much of what I work on has yet to be announced, and until it is I cant talk about it :[

"What about personal side projects?
-- I've been meaning to start a blog - but I often take my skins work home with me (because I really love working them!) and the rest of my time goes to community games with you all, martial arts and swing dancing. But when I DO start that blog, I'll post it here!

"Can I add you? "
-- Of course! But keep in mind, if I don't accept it's because my friends list is maxed out, not because I don't like you...But fear not! I clear my friends list at the beginning of the week, so everyone gets the chance to get in touch :]

"Wanna join me and my friends for some 5s?"
-- For sure! But keep in mind I only have a limited amount of time to play in the evenings, and am generally busy at work...so please don't take it the wrong way if I don't respond :[ --- Also keep an eye on my in-game status! If it's green and says "Riot Penguin's Party!" That means I'm playing community games, so feel free to say hi!....But if it's yellow and says "@work" or "Zzzzz...." I'm either busy, playing with a team at work, or just afk, so I may or not reply.

"I have this weird bug, can you tell Riot to fix it?"
-- Sort of...but I'd just do the same thing you would - which is submit a player support ticket! They are pretty good at staying on top of bug reports.

"Can you explain why they are changing ______?"
-- Not really - I work on the art team - so beyond making the game look awesome, I don't know much more than you do about the inner workings of League...sorry!

"So who will the next few skins be for?"
-- As much as I'd love to share whats coming down the pipe, you all know very well that I can't tell you about anything that hasn't been officially announced yet ;]

"Is it true you want evil skins for every champion?"
-- (Ok no one actually asked me that....but I do really want evil skins for ALL champions >:] )
Dear RiotPenguin I have a gift for you!

A collection of links with Player's Skin Concepts and Suggestions!

Please take a look at all of them and please consider making them!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3048260