Guide to Getting Ranked in the Tribunal

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

How to get ranked in the Tribunal: Spam punish votes.

http://imgur.com/a/QZOYG#0

This morning, I logged into one of my accounts today to check on my Tribunal stats and discovered that one of several auto-punish experiments finally paid off. To my delight, after 756 consecutive Punish votes, one account has officially joined the ranks of Riot's official top 1000 Tribunal judges. Currently, I am the 956th highest ranked member of the Tribunal in North America after having read exactly 0 cases and having used a macro program to automate the voting process while I'm not even at my computer.

For those wanting proof, please see the above linked Imgur album containing screenshots not only of my Justice Review stats, but also of my voting record for my last 400 cases (note: Imgur is **** and managed to double upload some images).

I make this post knowing full well that any marginally competent Riot employee can identify the account and ban it. However, in taking this (small) risk, I am demonstrating how much of the sham the Tribunal is, and how automated bot and troll voting can not only affect the outcomes of hundreds of cases, but even be recognized by Riot as one of the "best" judges in the entire system. The fact that I have roughly 82% accuracy without having read a single case is a sad attestation to the incompetence permeating the Tribunal system at all levels, from engineering to oversight.

EDIT: Just realized a had a Pardon mixed in with my voting a few weeks ago--must have clicked the wrong button. Whoops.

Mr Mystical

02-03-2013

I'm not sure I'm impressed by this post dude, Riot didn't create a system thinking that people would abuse it by hacking votes. They intended for us to review cases and vote accordingly but you go and take it upon yourself to hack the system to prove what ..that the rest of us who actually take time and read the cases and try to make good judgments are wasting our time because of hacks like you. Good grief.

Now Riot has to spend time to figure out how to stop hacking voters and how to ban them too. I guess that's the one good thing about your post it shows a weakness in the system.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Oh god folks, 1 person abused Tribunal it's broken inform Riot quickly!!!

/sarcasm

170 Calories

02-03-2013

Well you didnt really prove much in my opinion. Rank is gained from amount of cases done. Secondly your only at 80% which is low. So in fact what you have discovered is that the community does not spam punish, but in fact pardons 20% of its cases. Seems legit to me.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mystical View Post
I'm not sure I'm impressed by this post dude, Riot didn't create a system thinking that people would abuse it by hacking votes.
Actually, they did. Lyte has specifically said that they have measures in place to detect spam voters. Obviously, he lied about that.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

02-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitYourWrist View Post
How to get ranked in the Tribunal: Spam punish votes.

http://imgur.com/a/QZOYG#0

This morning, I logged into one of my accounts today to check on my Tribunal stats and discovered that one of several auto-punish experiments finally paid off. To my delight, after 756 consecutive Punish votes, one account has officially joined the ranks of Riot's official top 1000 Tribunal judges. Currently, I am the 956th highest ranked member of the Tribunal in North America after having read exactly 0 cases and having used a macro program to automate the voting process while I'm not even at my computer.

For those wanting proof, please see the above linked Imgur album containing screenshots not only of my Justice Review stats, but also of my voting record for my last 400 cases (note: Imgur is **** and managed to double upload some images).

I make this post knowing full well that any marginally competent Riot employee can identify the account and ban it. However, in taking this (small) risk, I am demonstrating how much of the sham the Tribunal is, and how automated bot and troll voting can not only affect the outcomes of hundreds of cases, but even be recognized by Riot as one of the "best" judges in the entire system. The fact that I have roughly 82% accuracy without having read a single case is a sad attestation to the incompetence permeating the Tribunal system at all levels, from engineering to oversight.

EDIT: Just realized a had a Pardon mixed in with my voting a few weeks ago--must have clicked the wrong button. Whoops.
I can't find any Tribunal voting records for you or "mongoroid" (from the screenshots). Where did you get those images?

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170 Calories View Post
Well you didnt really prove much in my opinion. Rank is gained from amount of cases done. Secondly your only at 80% which is low. So in fact what you have discovered is that the community does not spam punish, but in fact pardons 20% of its cases. Seems legit to me.
Actually, rank is determined by a combination of Justice Rating and accuracy. My combination of these factors is one of the highest in the world without even reading the cases on which I'm voting.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I can't find any Tribunal voting records for you or "mongoroid" (from the screenshots). Where did you get those images?
The fact that you were able to look up the rank to figure out my summoner name demonstrates that you WERE able to find the Tribunal voting record for the account, smart guy. I can take more screenshots if you insist on lying about it though. What would you like an image of?

EDIT: just realized I didn't edit out the Summoner name from the first shot. Oh well. You can still look up the account and verify the screenshots if you like. The account name is ihopeyoudieinreallife.

Zerglinator

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitYourWrist View Post
The fact that you were able to look up the rank to figure out my summoner name demonstrates that you WERE able to find the Tribunal voting record for the account, smart guy. I can take more screenshots if you insist on lying about it though. What would you like an image of?
Because you can't possibly be lying.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Because you can't possibly be lying.
No need to lie when the truth is so damaging. I find it curious as to why the Riot engineer needs to lie about not being able to look up the account. Though, if these guys can't even tie summoner names to account names then that would go a long way to explaining why the system is so poorly designed.

12345 ... 8