Model Size inconsistencies are ridiculous

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclessian

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceStallion View Post
The problem isn't just if you can target the wings, it's that they could also obscure game play. Imagine trying to find yourself in a crazy 5v5 team fight with giant wings covering up the action. >.<
It can never be an easy fix! Aaarrrghh!

thanks for the reply :P

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-02-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Don't mind me... Just internet creepin' on SpaceStallion.

Zerglinator

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE STALLlOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS

turkeyBACON

02-02-2013

Could I suggest that you actually make Kayle and Morgana smaller? Making them smaller/different from humans makes them more unique and not held to expected size constraints of humans. And then you could go all out with the wings/flying with out taking as much visual real estate.

This is sort of stepping on the toes of Kitae and the lore team but you could rework them to be from the Fey and rebrand them as some sort of elves. Kayle being from a militaristic faction and Morgana as a dark/wild faction. I could see this introduced through a Morgana visual update (she kind of needs it).

Idaltu

02-03-2013

Speaking of champion height, are there any height charts for all or some of the champions either out there in the public sphere or within Riot's archives that you lot would be able and willing to release?

Tenebrae Corvus

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Enjoy yourself.

SpaceStallion

Lead Character Artist

02-03-2013
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Speaking of champion height, are there any height charts for all or some of the champions either out there in the public sphere or within Riot's archives that you lot would be able and willing to release?
Yeah we have some made some various images for internal use to compare sizes. They were a big help to get us all looking at the line up of champions together. It got the discussions going.. 'Who was too big?'.. "Who was too small?' .. 'How do they all compare to each other artistically?'

One of the reasons we haven't released anything like that is that the sizes are still in the process of being adjusted as we roll out the visual upgrades. I'm not saying we will or won't ever in the future, but we definitely have some work to do first

One surprising thing about height is that because of the camera angle a lot of characters that seem very large aren't actually as tall as you'd think. Alistar is a great example. He's really wide and takes up a lot of screen space but he's not that much taller than other large champions.

Darklarik

02-03-2013

Quote:
Now with a fantasy species that doesn't exist in the real world like Cho'Gath there isn't a reason to change his scale. Exactly how big is a Cho'Gath??.. depends on how fed he is, that's about it
Out of curiosity when are you gonna remake Cho'Gath? I feel he needs a rework more than others, his back is so pixelated, his animations are horrible, not only that he sees a lot of play and i think he would be a prime canidate for a VU

Oveja

02-03-2013

Quote:
The problem isn't just if you can target the wings, it's that they could also obscure game play. Imagine trying to find yourself in a crazy 5v5 team fight with giant wings covering up the action. >.<
While we're on Kayle, is there any way to lower her health bar closer to her head? A lot of the time when I use her I can't see the health bar because it's too high and off screen.

CowMeat

02-03-2013

Bigger model sizes = bigger hitboxes? It would seem that tanks would want big hit boxes and everyone else would want small. Yet, some models seem bigger than others.