Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cleric515

02-03-2013

HEY RIOT, THANKS FOR RUINING A GREAT GAME WITH YOUR SO CALLED ****ING "NEW SYSTEM"

at first i thought this new system operated in a way that if you were in a specific Tier say Silver Division 3 like myself that I would be playing with others that are in that same Tier but no, when top starts feeding and there is no jungle presence on bot and then 4 enemies are coming down to bot lane, i find out that there are people in bronze tier, wtf is this ****, i'm so outraged at this flawed system that i would love to walk up to the team that presented this idea and punch you ****ers silly, no one wants to even play ranked anymore because it's so frustrating when people don't get their roles so they troll and if you decide to dodge you lose LP but you know you're going to lose anyways so wtf

all i can say is GO **** YOURSELF RIOT, ****ING PIECE OF ****!

onto a better note, this is why i will go onto an upcoming mmo because at least i know that if i want to defeat somebody, i either have or don't have the skill and won't ruin the game for anyone if i act retarded

c0nscript

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Very much a fair point, and I want to improve the feel of this also. The LP clamping at the top of Division I is necessary (the system needs you to prove that you can consistently play at the level of the next tier since that upgrade is permanent) but the fact that losses wipe away far more LP than a win is granting (in that specific case) is unnecessarily frustrating. We'll be working on smoothing this out.

In the meantime, if you continue to win more than you lose, the LP clamping will go away shortly and you'll be in the Promotion Series.
@Yegg

I hate when people say this.

How can you prove that YOU are consistently playing at the level of the next tier when you are DEPENDENT on 4 other teammates.

What if you are ready for the next tier but they are not?

You could possibly say "Well during promotion series you only play with people from the next tier up"

But since you are unable to EVER drop a Tier then the bottom feeders of the tier right above you could of had a lucky streak (3 out of 5 is not hard...) and in reality they do not belong in the tier.

Too many variables in this new ranking system. Raw numbers were better, still sucked, but better.

chriglol

02-03-2013

Quote:
Very much a fair point, and I want to improve the feel of this also. The LP clamping at the top of Division I is necessary (the system needs you to prove that you can consistently play at the level of the next tier since that upgrade is permanent) but the fact that losses wipe away far more LP than a win is granting (in that specific case) is unnecessarily frustrating. We'll be working on smoothing this out.

In the meantime, if you continue to win more than you lose, the LP clamping will go away shortly and you'll be in the Promotion Series.
That is 100% flawed. So I need higher than a 75% w/l to advance, how few players have that? If any after a certain amount of games played? Where is the balance in that? Going 3-1 to get nowhere is not fun, and definitely pushes people away from your game.

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Yegg , I have a doubt.

I think I'm up for promotion in Bronze 1 , It says I have to win 3 of 5 games , Do I have to win those 3 games together or not necessarily(meaning that I can win those separately)? I guess that , If I win those , I'm getting into Silver tier , I'm kinda happy , I hope to have luck.

Tandem Jeans

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomTat View Post
If you have a 50% win rate you are exactly where you belong, and should not move at all.

You people are so entitled...if you win half of your games and lose half, why should you move UP a division?!

And your complaints have nothing to do with the system, but the community.
No one ****ing reads. You GO DOWN A DIVISION with only a 50% win rate. You DO NOT stay at a static level. In the new system, in order to NOT MOVE you need something like close to 70% win rate.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-03-2013
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeastofTheEast View Post
If you're about to get demoted you should have to play a series to keep your spot instead of being automatically demoted.
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?

Dake Chessert

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmack View Post
The problem is, because of how small gains are once you're at 90+ lp in a div 1 bracket, you NEED to go on a lucky spree.

Ex. I've been at 90+ LP now 3 times, 1 time I was 14-1 as cait, lost because my team fed. Second, 9-1 as brand, again, lost because my team fed. This last time I didn't go out of control fed like before, but we lost because our support dc'ed pregame and never came back.

Because I lose 15+ LP, but only gain 3-4 when I'm approaching the promotional series, I'm forced to cross my fingers and hope my team can carry their weight whenever I get to 90+ LP.

So really, your system is doing the opposite of what it is supposed to. Besides, isn't the 3 of 5 series supposed to be the check that decides whether you move up, and not the grind to 100 itself?
Please respond to this.

You guys keep saying that the reason the lower gains were added at 90+ is to make sure you didn't just get lucky, but in reality what it does is force you to rely on getting a lucky win streak in order to advance.

I know from how my games generally go that I do not belong in the division I'm in. Unfortunately, because of how the system is set up, whenever I approach the promotional series I get stiffed by the nerfed LP gains. No matter how well I did in the games leading up to it, that 1 loss due to bad luck with teams completely undoes 3 wins.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-03-2013
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana Arashi View Post
Yegg , I have a doubt.

I think I'm up for promotion in Bronze 1 , It says I have to win 3 of 5 games , Do I have to win those 3 games together or not necessarily(meaning that I can win those separately)? I guess that , If I win those , I'm getting into Silver tier , I'm kinda happy , I hope to have luck.
You have to win at least 3 out of your next 5 games, but in can be in any order and over any length of time. Good luck!

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-03-2013

Quote:
We've talked about this, but the problem with it is that it'd be very demoralizing to be playing a series where the best possible outcome is the status quo and the worst outcome is a demotion. Would you be motivated to log in and play ranked during that? I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother.

The flipside of course is that it makes it feel like the demotion was a lot more fair when it does happen.

How do people feel about this?
I don't like that when you get demoted you go down to 50LP you should go down however many you lost, if you were at 0LP, get demoted, go down 20LP, you should be at 80LP. You have to work so much harder for what you lost when you get demoted, getting 5+ wins just to get back where you started.

Happened to me, got demoted, went down to 50LP, won 3-4 got to the series, but lost 2 due to trolls/afks what have you and went back down to 67 LP, now I have to win 2-3 more to JUST get back the chance of winning another best of 3 to see if I go up.

Axxuka

02-03-2013

I give up on ranked, trying to get up but I just got stuck with a first pick Leblanc -_- Had to queue dodge. Next time I get stuck with a troll I get demoted, yay. There's nothing to protect us anymore from trolls and you lose LP for it now.