Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dex7ter

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.

-347 Reply With Quote mhahahahahah

sling14

02-03-2013

Bring back the standard elo system plz

Also fire whoever designed this new system, its ****

Scrub A Dub Dub

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
I understand that gaining divisions or tiers or whatever should not be easy, but this is ridiculous.

The LP you gain is so minuscule that by the time you are getting close, one game can take away hours or even days worth of grinding. Not to mention everything is based on the luck, no trolls or DCs.

Why is there a system where approaching a new tier is harder because it wants to make sure you deserve it, but then we have to do a promotion series to decide whether we really deserve it. Why are you punishing people twice just to make sure he might be in. And if he fails, due to others mistakes, or even 1 bad game, you set that person back hours if not days worth of game time, even though if we were looking at Player X we can clearly see he is deserving of progression.

This whole system is idiotic and punishing, it makes me not want to ever play ranked again. It's not worth the stress and my time, where one game can set you back so much.

What a joke LoL has turned in to.

Whoever designed this system, does not deserve to continue working at your company.

Read the forums, everyone is pissed at how ridiculous progression is.

This isn't because it's new and scary, it's because the system is flawed.

EDIT: I know you gave me a thumbs down Yegg. Well played sir.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-03-2013
2 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Dragon View Post
The system has some serious problems with how difficult it makes advancing and how much it punishes losses.

Some of the big issues:
1) MMR and Tier/Division mismatch basically means that you can be stuck gaining 1-2 LP on win and get -20 LP on loss. Worst of all, you are stuck in this situation as the system is trying to demote you out of a tier, even though that's not possible.
2) Your LP gain at 90+ LP decreases dramatically. It requires 2-3 games to reach 100 LP, while a loss is still -20 LP.
3) Losing your best of 3 or best of 5 puts you at 50 LP rather than just removing the LP from the loss from 100.
4) Losing your first game AFTER you have been promoted up a division will automatically demote you back to the previous division at 50 LP.

The system is so skewed towards keeping you in the division you are in, it's ridiculous. I applaud anyone that has managed to rank up, because this system is beyond broke.
Going to address some misconceptions here:

1. Outside of the specific exception you mention in point #2, this situation is impossible.
2. This can happen in Division I when your MMR isn't high enough to qualify for the next tier. It's necessary because tier upgrades are permanent, and letting people go up a tier that they aren't ready for will cause a bunch of players permanently stuck at the bottom of Division V.
3. Incorrect, it calculates LP gains and losses as normal and place you back into the standings based on that. If you go 1-2 in the series, you'll have ~80 LP afterwards.
4. It's impossible to be demoted for the first few games after making it to a new division.

I agree that the Division I situation feels pretty frustrating right now. The fact that your LP gains are clamped until you've passed some additional checks is necessary, but the fact that you still lose full LP amounts on a loss makes it seem like a single loss is erasing 3 or 4 wins (when behind the scenes it actually isn't). There's room for improvement there.

joh eun

02-03-2013

^ nope.

Flickerei

02-03-2013

Was kinda hoping to see how the new system was since I was a little confused with it and I wanted to actually see what my skill level is, but...

nope.jpeg

I don't even need to go off rumors, its very obvious that the new system is horribly flawed. Solo Q was already a random match up due to trolls/DCs/ragers/etc, now you might as well rename ranked to "gamblers only".

Guess my group of friends will get their answer too with this since they didn't really get the new system either, "Don't do it, its a horrible, horrible failure" should suffice as an accurate description, no?

Kargarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Nope Yegg. Saw my friend been promoted to his hext division, lost the FIRST game and got demoted.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-03-2013
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargarok View Post
Nope Yegg. Saw my friend been promoted to his hext division, lost the FIRST game and got demoted.
What's your friend's summoner name?

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Sooooo u guys change ranked yet we still cant report trolls in pregame?? Riots management team fails....

adrftw

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
What's your friend's summoner name?
Yegg is gonna own again

btw i love the new ranking system, despite everyone saying it sucks and that you earn less than what you lose per game, i think that what i've won and lost so far is just fine.