Anyone else not want to do ranked anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovos

Senior Member

02-02-2013

it's a new system, its the weekend why are you playing now? If you are that concerned about your ranked standing then wait a few days and get back in. Play normals until then. If you truly hate the system then play normals. I think it's fine and I'm bronze last division if anyone has a right to complain I do and I'm not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slithan

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
So what do you say to the people that are losing more LP from losses than they are gaining from wins? Simple question that I really think we're all wanting to hear an answer to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerkDerkistan

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
Cant win more then lose with unless you are lucky enough to not get destroyed by leavers or trolls on your team. People should be seasonally banned from ranked.
It's statistically more likely that the other team has more leavers/trolls than your team does, assuming you're not one of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SQUATSbrah

Senior Member

02-02-2013

fact is, this new system makes this game even more of a time sink.

oh you wanna gain a division? k, spend half ur day for a week doing so


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerkDerkistan

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUATSbrah View Post
fact is, this new system makes this game even more of a time sink.

oh you wanna gain a division? k, spend half ur day for a week doing so
Why shouldn't you have to work to achieve your goals?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumamon JPN View Post
I'll simplify what he said - Suck it up and play more if you wanna get nowhere.
Fixed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jimmy the hand

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithan View Post
So what do you say to the people that are losing more LP from losses than they are gaining from wins? Simple question that I really think we're all wanting to hear an answer to.
I have a 53% win rate and dropped a division, I realize that's barely above 50% but that's still super ****ty feeling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slayer860

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
As long as you are winning more games than you lose you will go up. As you approach a new tier it will be slower, but that is because the system wants to make sure you have earned it and haven't simply had a lucky streak. This was done because of the fact that you cannot lose a tier, so revel in the fact that once you've made it, you're in baby!

I realize that may be frustrating at first, but I can assure you its worth the effort.
Claiming you need to earn it is all well and good but when you create a system where there is little to no protection from trolls because you are too afraid of "abuse" isn't very encouraging. Riot does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to educate new players joining ranked, you have NO info when joining ranked that it's a bit more for serious players.

Tell my WHY is ranked full of more trolls and feeders than normals? 1100-1400 (old system) is an absolute seething cesspit of trolls.

Protect us from trolls and leavers, educate new players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yummines

Senior Member

02-02-2013

i gave up on ranked long ago


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuphlas

Senior Member

02-02-2013

I was already hesitant to play ranked on a regular basis, because as a person that plays support almost exclusively when **** goes south on a big scale there's nothing you can do but sit back and take it in the ass. It's really irritating.

Beyond that I hate being the reason that we lose the match, and everybody has bad matches. That's right, I'd rather somebody else be the reason than know I was at fault, and because of that I struggle to bring myself to master the other roles/lanes again. Not only do I not want to tank my rating or w/l (ranked or normals) to learn those other roles, but I don't want my inexperience to be the reason we lose. I'm one of the few people that is willing to take responsibility for their **** ups instead of just putting the blame on everybody else, and that gets in my way sometimes.

Having a system that reacts in a way that is unpredictable (as in you don't know if the system thinks you do or don't belong as high as you are until you lose matches) is just icing on the cake. Does the system bother me? A little bit, in theory. I don't know it well enough to know for sure though, so it's not the primary reason I won't play ranked.