Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Thanks AGAIN for the reply, I'll keep that in mind when I'm playing soraka next.

As Miss Fortune how am I meant to position myself in a teamfight? She's the first ADC i've played without a reposition skill of some sort, and in the last game I found that in order to get my full ulti off I would have to come too close to the fight, and Olaf could just dive me regardless where I was standing it seemed.

I'm assuming it's just practicing kiting that I need to do, but a fed Olaf running at you with ghost is kinda hard to stop.
New meta solution, get a randuin as your tanky item and ignore olaf

khingkhayo

02-02-2013

I know that you used to before so I was wondering if you could find the time to check one of my games, preferably one of my losses. I feel i have a fundamental understanding of the game, but I need a few hints there to fine tune.

Anyway I'd appreciate it

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by khingkhayo View Post
I know that you used to before so I was wondering if you could find the time to check one of my games, preferably one of my losses. I feel i have a fundamental understanding of the game, but I need a few hints there to fine tune.

Anyway I'd appreciate it

You got to think much deeper into the builds. For example, last game you won with Brand you built a Liandry as your first major item. That is really bad as Liandry does %hp damage and early on people really don't have enough hp to make the item worth it.

Over all you don't understand the concept of building items, at all.

khingkhayo

02-03-2013

Hmph. well when I said I understand fundamentals I meant to exclude building items as I knew I didn't understand. It's pretty much trial and error for what I decide to build, more so in the early game when I'm trying to figure out what items would give me the greatest possible advantage with the gold i have.

Basically, you're right I don't understand. I dunno why but it's hard for me to tell what type of champ needs what type of item. So I'm assuming everything else is decent and i'll work on building

AORainmaka

02-04-2013

So I am really strong in AP carry modes. Like Ahri/ Eve jungle. I only have 16 champions and I'm wondering if I can viably start my ranked career with these gameplay styles?

Ethri

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AORainmaka View Post
So I am really strong in AP carry modes. Like Ahri/ Eve jungle. I only have 16 champions and I'm wondering if I can viably start my ranked career with these gameplay styles?
Everyone wants to play AP Carry. You probably want more diversity and understanding of other roles before you go into ranked. I believe learning jungle (at the very least) can help you be more coordinated with your own jungler (very important). Of course having the basics down for all roles along with a bare minimum of 2 champions per role can save some hassle if you are in a position you don't desire. Just an answer till Ken can answer properly (not to be misleading).

Anyways...

Ken, I have a few questions about Lulu. All of the questions are assuming you do not have a bush to zone from (aka it is warded or you have no bush to hide in).
1. How do you play her against a sustain lane? (Always glitterlance first?)
2. When poking, do you ever shield the enemy ADC? Personally I find getting that close results in being punished hard. Yes, I do try to go in when they are about to go for a last hit.
3. When poking with glitterlance, how does one not push the minion waves?

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AORainmaka View Post
Knowing only one role is close to impossible for you to get to anywhere in ranked. 16 champions is also really bad as you limit your picks too much. I will recommend to have at least 30 champions.

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
Everyone wants to play AP Carry. You probably want more diversity and understanding of other roles before you go into ranked. I believe learning jungle (at the very least) can help you be more coordinated with your own jungler (very important). Of course having the basics down for all roles along with a bare minimum of 2 champions per role can save some hassle if you are in a position you don't desire. Just an answer till Ken can answer properly (not to be misleading).

Anyways...

Ken, I have a few questions about Lulu. All of the questions are assuming you do not have a bush to zone from (aka it is warded or you have no bush to hide in).
1. How do you play her against a sustain lane? (Always glitterlance first?)
2. When poking, do you ever shield the enemy ADC? Personally I find getting that close results in being punished hard. Yes, I do try to go in when they are about to go for a last hit.
3. When poking with glitterlance, how does one not push the minion waves?
1. Depends, sheild is better if you can put it on the enemy, while glitterlance is still better if the enemy's sustain cannot overcome your poke.
2. You should try to auto, E (before auto animation ends) then Q as you back off.
3. You don't start the poke with glitterlance, make good use of your auto and E into Q

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2013

Probably one of my few only bumps of the year, but STREAM IS FINALLY UP!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/killerken62

Edit: Nvm, need to get a new router first lol.

Gulma

02-06-2013

This is a problem I've been having in top lane for a while now. How do you deal with enemy jungler camping your lane? Where to ward? and should I start 7 pots and 3 wards?