Today I won 9 matches, lost 4...

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Won another and got to 59. Well, apparently now it's working fine... But still, seriously, with 10 wins and 4 losses I should have Gold already.

Kojolika

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1103f4be64bc07 View Post
Won another and got to 59. Well, apparently now it's working fine... But still, seriously, with 11 wins and 4 losses I should have Gold already.
if you got 100 LP then lost 2/3 games you go back to 0

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojolika View Post
if you got 100 LP then lost 2/3 games you go back to 0
Nah, not the case. I won first and second game, went to 37, then lost 2 and went back to 0. Then I win 5 in a row, lost one, won another, lost again, then won 3 in a row. 59 was the highest I got.

Besides, as far as I know, if you lose 2 of these 3, you should go back to 60-90, not 0. Makes much more sense.

Pinoy Ako

02-01-2013

It's kinda like the case of elo reset. The system's gonna be unstable for a few days because people are placed based on the avg of their current and top elo. If your MMR is lower than the division that you're in, you're gonna win less LP and lose more of it. IF your MMR is higher than your current division tho, you're gonna win more and lose less. It's that way just so people wouldn't exploit losing intentionally to lower MMR then try climbing by stomping lower skilled players.

Wish I Knew RDJ

02-01-2013

i gain 40 per win and lose 5 lol

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-01-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortox View Post
The formula that calculates the LP is completely ****ED beyond belief.

I win one game, get 19, lose one game, back to zero (ok fair enough) win another game gain 18, win ANOTHER game and only gain 2 points to take me to 20.

How the hell can I gain 18 points for one game, and only gain 2 points for the next? Not duoing or doing anything funky so I can't explain it, I'm in the middle of my division as well so I can't say it has anything to do with my spot on the ladder.

Absolutely no consistency.
According to our logs you started at 0, lost (stayed at 0), won (gained 18), lost (went back to 0), won (gained 21), won again (gained 22 and now at 43). This seems pretty consistent with the behavior that I'd expect. What game caused you to gain only 2 LP?

KCIV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
According to our logs you started at 0, lost (stayed at 0), won (gained 18), lost (went back to 0), won (gained 21), won again (gained 22 and now at 43). This seems pretty consistent with the behavior that I'd expect. What game caused you to gain only 2 LP?

BAHAHAH qq thread gets ownd by FACTS! LOL

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
could have at least used some lube.....

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
It's kinda like the case of elo reset. The system's gonna be unstable for a few days because people are placed based on the avg of their current and top elo. If your MMR is lower than the division that you're in, you're gonna win less LP and lose more of it. IF your MMR is higher than your current division tho, you're gonna win more and lose less. It's that way just so people wouldn't exploit losing intentionally to lower MMR then try climbing by stomping lower skilled players.
Ye, I'm aware of that. The problem is: I had 200+ games before this. Why in Odin's name do I have a lower MMR than what I should have??

If the system is that simple, then we should start with our current elo, not "a combination of our current and top elo".

IS1103f4be64bc07

02-01-2013

Quote:
Since you took your time to check this, can you give a look at my case too?

I'm MrChickenheart, BR server. Thanks in advance, man.

123456 ... 12