Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 42
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
1 of 57 Riot Posts

Hi All,

As usual, the design team is still hiring. You can find our list of positions on our careers page at:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers

We are reviewing internship applications over the next few weeks for Game Design, and you can find out about that here:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/game-design-intern

We recently also posted a game design director position for League of Legends. This is a really attractive for the right candidate. No, I'm not firing myself, but I am hiring a design director:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/design-director

I can answer some general questions about what we are looking for on this thread. As always, we like exceptional people who love games and have a passion to improve league of legends. Our hiring site can answer a lot of questions, but if there are any design specific ones, I may be able to answer them here.

- Zileas

FAQ:

Can I do this remotely?
Generally not, and especially not with internships. They are all on-site in Santa Monica, CA.

I lack US work authorization. Can you get me a visa?
Subject to the regulations placed upon us by the US government, oftentimes YES, but only for full time positions.

Do you offer relocation? What about for internships?
For full time jobs, we usually offer some sort of relocation plan, and the particulars of the relocation are negotiated at the job offer stage. For internships, I don't know that we have a standard corporate policy, but the design department policy is that we try to make it work within reason. We would certainly cover your plane flight were we to give you an offer, and we might cover a little more if it made sense.

Is the internship paid or unpaid? How much does it pay?
It's paid. I cannot speak for other departments, but within the game design department, we index your compensation around how much we think we'd pay you full time as a game designer. In general, the pay rate will be 70-90% of what your full time compensation would be as an associate game designer, which ends up meaning usually between 2.75k-4.5k per month roughly depending upon how close to graduation you are, how unique your skills are, what types of skills you have, etc. We intend to pay top compensation in game design, because we expect to hire the best game designers. We also recognize that hybrid roles like technical game designer often command high salaries in their non-hybrid industry roles, and want to be competitive.

AdvilAftergame

02-01-2013

Reserved. Do you have cookies?

DimensionalBlade

02-01-2013

Too young for a job, lol.

Oh well.

Tsumbreon

02-01-2013

Zileas you sly dog

"There are 99 ways to impress us, but an average pitch ain't one."

http://www.riotgames.com/careers/game-design-intern

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
2 of 57 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvilAftergame View Post
Reserved. Do you have cookies?
downvote nao for wasting first post

DOWNVOTE NAO COMMUNITY!

12fingerJIM

02-01-2013

but...if Zileas-kun isn't design director...what will he do?

ShadyElf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Can I reserve an avatar ahead of time? Though I doubt I'll get a job with a biology degree and hate of math.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
3 of 57 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
I was promoted to Vice President of Trolling and Pithy Replies. I have to do those things instead now. I also help out on other things.

Leib Olmai

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
Troll director.

Quision

02-01-2013

Can you reserve that spot for me when I graduate out of high school and finish college?

1234511 ... 42