Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.89%
No 513 18.11%
Voters: 2832. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

I have been on both ends of this many times. Kayle jungle. People think it is the dumbest thing ever, But they do not realize that it works amazingly well if played right.

If i get kicked for trying a kayle jungle, I dont mind. I would simply ask in the next game if people mind if I kayle jungle. If they do, I can adapt and move on.
5 Minute penalty for people not understanding eachother is a LOT better then a 20 minute yell fest of rage ect ect ect

If we get rid of the ban idea from being votekicked, I feel this idea is very very strong. Honestly people... a 5 minute wait for people misunderstanding you? Or for your team deciding someone might be a toxic player? 5 MINUTES is nothing.
Or an average player seeing something they are uncomfortable with and deciding "Yuck, I dont think I can do this.... that really WILL NOT WORK" and dodging and having to wait 30 minutes.

Which is more toxic? 5 minutes or 30?

Rhukk

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddible View Post
2 Suggestions:

- Change from Kick Vote to Cancel Team vote (or no confidence in team), resets the queue everyone goes back to matchmaking.
This and make it 4 out of 5 to requeue.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavajuice View Post
Many of you are underestimating how obvious some pregame trolling is. Troll summoners is probably the most blatant example. As for odd picks, if you want to do something a little unorthodox and assure me you've done it a lot and it actually works really well, then I won't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt. But if you cannot give me a single reason why you are doing what you are doing then I'm not going to trust you to do well.

And if they threaten to afk, feed or leave... I only ask my teamates to try...even when I dislike their choice in champs...

Being punished as severly as Riot plans to in Season 3 is unacceptable when a dodge to avoid such a player is necessary for progression in ranked.

Without it, we are forced to spend the next 20-70 minutes with that person or we get sent to tribunal ... it can be very painful and is senseless to force us to submit to it

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceKeeper18 View Post
82 Percent approval... RIOT PLZ
It won't happen, don't get excited.

As for trolling summoners, yes sometimes you can tell by their behavior, but I see this more in normals than ranked.

As someone who plays Sejuani, Karma and Trundle, I get grief nearly every game because they are not seen as viable.

So by this logic, I could be kicked or would have to justify a champ I pick because it doesn't fit into the majority of the metas idea of a good champ.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

The no confidence in team is a very good idea. Nobody gets punished directly... people just agree.. this will be a waste of 20 minutes and move on to the next game without having to wait 30 minutes.

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

No way! I'd never get to play any games because I main Fiora mid. ;_; I'd get kicked out every game I try to play.

The Sterg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Only if duo queues count as one vote, both for kicking and voting for kicking

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post

As for trolling summoners, yes sometimes you can tell by their behavior, but I see this more in normals than ranked.

As someone who plays Sejuani, Karma and Trundle, I get grief nearly every game because they are not seen as viable.

So by this logic, I could be kicked or would have to justify a champ I pick because it doesn't fit into the majority of the metas idea of a good champ.
Be positive and spread word, be it for or against.

-------------

You would have to communicate with your team.... is that so bad ?

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
And if they threaten to afk, feed or leave... I only ask my teamates to try...even when I dislike their choice in champs...

Being punished as severly as Riot plans to in Season 3 is unacceptable when a dodge to avoid such a player is necessary for progression in ranked.

Without it, we are forced to spend the next 20-70 minutes with that person or we get sent to tribunal ... it can be very painful and is senseless to force us to submit to it
You do realize dodging to improve your ranked is tantamount to cheating right?

Say we were in the NBA right, well we know the Kings, our team, won't beat the Lakers because this guy is annoying and doesn't pass the ball. So we decide to ditch the game and go play a different one later on when we have a better team that we can beat easier.

Do you see the flawed logic in your statement? Rather than dealing with a troll, you instead hop around all day until you get a guaranteed win that you did not earn nor deserve.

Personally, I think dodges should be a longer timer and if too frequent a ban, but that won't be the popular vote.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post

This whole post should be directed at ranked only.

As for your getting grief, Communicate with people as you pick or before you pick. I do that all the time when I am going to Skarner top. People think I am nuts for lots of the picks I play, but after a few minutes of actual play, they settle down.
As I said I would much rather take a 5 minute penalty for people not being comfortable with my pick.
The 30 minutes for dodging clear trolls(which at this stage of the game is about 1/4 games at LEAST) is just painful.