Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,321 81.87%
No 514 18.13%
Voters: 2835. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gym Leader Misty

02-01-2013

Instead of making some type of "kick vote" how about we just have a surrender vote at character select... But with this feature no one would be punished, it will take 4 people to vote yes like in a normal game and you just get sent back into a queue. There is no way for this to abused. If by some chance you can't get 4 people to vote yes you can just simply dodge....

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naebliss View Post
If you would like to play mid and nothing else, go normals and pick it lock and be done with it.
This is ranked we are talking about. This is not basic LoL play. Ranked is supposed to be another level of play. As it stands now, it IS NOT. I can play every single role. I would like to top in every game, but if needed I will play whatever is necessary. That should be the basic mentality of everyone going into a ranked... It should not be... "I'm playing mid IDC what others want." That mentality is for normals....
The whole mentality of ranked is a joke right now.
People that want to play 1 role and do not care what the team needs SHOULD NOT BE IN RANKED QUE.

End of story.
I agree, if you can't play more than one, gtfo. Except the majority of ranked players can't really play more than one so your point is again, invalid.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

I think the votes are clearly stating that the majority of players feel that a pregame votekick is completely acceptable.

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
I think the votes are clearly stating that the majority of players feel that a pregame votekick is completely acceptable.
Because most of the voters are mindless sheep who would rather avoid an issue instead of learning to adapt.

Riddler

02-01-2013

Quote:
Doesn't matter if the majority of players think its completely acceptable....

If an alien race wanted to go to war and destroy our planet im sure the majority of the planet would think its completely acceptable to beat the aliens whatever means necessary for the human race..... but it doesn't mean its right.... even IF the aliens wanted to destroy our planet.

Maybe thats a bad example but trust me there have been times where the majority option was not the best choice that we only learned later in history

Rhukk

02-01-2013

The problem lies in distinguishing between a troll and someone who deviates from the perceived meta.

Low Elo Egos simply cant distinguish, if your not conforming to there perceived ideal of what you should be playing they will bad mouth, ban and then try to persuade the rest of the group to ban.

2 recent examples

I picked Morgana as support - got flamed by some ADC who was simply unaware of how morgana plays.

I regularly play Taric and I run CV - It works well in low elo because generally the people im playing with arnt so great in map awareness. The amount of greif and moaning i get about it pre-game is crazy, by mid game they tend to have shut up and found somebody else to blame for there general poor performance.

A pre-game vote ban mechanism is a good idea on paper - but i fear you just moved the queue dodging issue into a vote.

People need to be aware you join a Pug you aint going to get your perfect meta team, deal with it play the game and move on. If its a troll, report thru the tribunal, play the game you may actually learn something from the experiance.

If you want your perfect team - go get some like minded individuals and form a team - otherwise realise its a team game and not everyone shares your opinion on what makes the perfect team.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post
I agree, if you can't play more than one, gtfo. Except the majority of ranked players can't really play more than one so your point is again, invalid.
How on earth is my point invalid.

People who want to play 1 role and nothing else(NOT A TEAM PLAYER) Should not be playing in ranked games.
The votekick would allow 4 players to get rid of this bad apple. So once in a while people will get kicked for an unorthodox pick, but the clear trolls or people refusing to communicate will get punished. The players TRYING to work with everyone and cooperate will no longer be made to take a 30 minute hit.
This isnt a fix.. the system can NEVER be fixed, but it is a bandaid and I think it will slow the bleeding.

Purgation

02-01-2013

I'm getting very frustrated with this issue.

I have come to believe that matchmaking is deeply broken, and Riot has no idea how to fix it. They want to force us to take the matches they create because they know that someone can benefit by gaming the matchmaking system.

I have a pretty good idea what at least one major flaw is, from analyzing statistics across 100 of my own games - but I'm going to keep that to myself for now.

But, look at your own games, at least 50 or so, and see if anything stands out about games you could have dodged to improve win rate, and let us know what you find.

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
How on earth is my point invalid.

People who want to play 1 role and nothing else(NOT A TEAM PLAYER) Should not be playing in ranked games.
The votekick would allow 4 players to get rid of this bad apple. So once in a while people will get kicked for an unorthodox pick, but the clear trolls or people refusing to communicate will get punished. The players TRYING to work with everyone and cooperate will no longer be made to take a 30 minute hit.
This isnt a fix.. the system can NEVER be fixed, but it is a bandaid and I think it will slow the bleeding.
Too many want to pick one role, not a minor amount like you seem to think. 4 people not liking this idea or their champ select having the power to kick said person and maybe even get them banned is retarded.

A bandaid is never a solution when the artery has burst.

You are confusing champ select trolls with the ones that are toxic, there is a huge difference.

Atonal Elegy

02-01-2013

The problem with this system is that ranked queues would get even longer, I problem is see people complaining about all the time.

You mid gets countered? Vote to kick.
Your top gets countered? Vote to kick.

You'll be sitting there kicking people until you get the perfect team or someone on your team decides to be a jerk/troll and refuse to kick.