Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,320 81.86%
No 514 18.14%
Voters: 2834. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GingerBeardMan

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCÝÝkieMonster View Post
Yegg has now told us something quite interesting...



So apparently if we dodge we lose our places in qualifying and I would assume we also have the lockout timer in place as well?

-------------------------------------------

Due to this high penalty of dodging.... I must make this an official poll now for all Leaguers who are serious about ranked, be it their main or an alt account.


PLEASE GIVE US VOTE KICK PREGAME, TO GET RID OF TROLLS ! ! !


This will allow us to not have to dodge, lower the dodge rate that you say are too high right now, and stop the senseless drama. Yes this will mean trolls will usually wait until in game to troll, but that it will still dramaticly decrease the amount of trolling and dodging that takes place right now.


Lets shoot for 2000 Yes for a red response... and then 250,000 total for a forced change

50 votes - we goin now
100 votes - Keep spreading word and commenting your concerns
200 Votes so far keep up the votes and spread word
300 votes - WOOT we are rollin now
You already have the right to harass me if I pick karma.
You already have the right to dodge because I pick karma and make me wait another 10 minutes...
You already have the right to report me for playing karma regardless of outcome.
You already have the right to suspend and eventually perma-ban me from the game because I pick karma...

Now you want to prevent me from even being able to play at all? How about you learn the definition of a troll before you start screaming witch.

I will educate you since ranked is down:

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways." - Wikipedia

There is no way that any of that could be foreseen from the champion select. Even if someone is spamming racial remarks just to get a rise out of people, it has no bearing on the match. If someone picks a mid when another mid was already picked, it's a failure to communicate and work together as a team and everyone involved is equally guilty. If and only if the guy in question were to pick say darius and TELL you he was going to go AP mid it still doesn't constitute as trolling until he actually does it.

If you start giving people the ability to kick, then all that will happen is everyone will simply kick each other out and no one will get to play.

Also... how do you replace the person kicked? Do you just go into the match 4v5 now?

Btw why don't we tripple taxes on gas companies in the US, I mean common they're robbing us blind! - Bet most of you don't even understand this one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheC√ł√łkieMonster

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Even if this isn't the best idea, SOMETHING is going to have to be done to curb the obvious trolling opportunities the tier-up matches offer. The amount of rage and reports during these matches are going to quadruple as well. The only way this can work is if the promotion games only involve players that are all qualified for the promotion. Then at least everyone has more incentive to take the matches as seriously as possible. And what if you get stuck 5th pick in a promotion match? At lower elo, you can't seriously carry games as support. Top or mid feeds, and you're powerless to change the outcome. It's literally a dice roll at that point, and you can't dodge to try for a higher slot. You could easily have to grind out another 20+ games to get another chance for promotion because of random factors.

That's not even touching the matter that you can drop back down a tier after a hard won promotion series because of trolling or bad teammates, forcing you through the same process you just went through AGAIN. No, this is going to end is record breaking numbers of tribunal reports in ranked and it was already a bad environment.
Yup....

Punishment is too severe without a method of defending from pregame trolls.

Even a cancel game vote would work.... vote kick would be best though to punish trolls and put them on the time wait instead of the legit players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GingerBeardMan

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Even if this isn't the best idea, SOMETHING is going to have to be done to curb the obvious trolling opportunities the tier-up matches offer. The amount of rage and reports during these matches are going to quadruple as well. The only way this can work is if the promotion games only involve players that are all qualified for the promotion. Then at least everyone has more incentive to take the matches as seriously as possible. And what if you get stuck 5th pick in a promotion match? At lower elo, you can't seriously carry games as support. Top or mid feeds, and you're powerless to change the outcome. It's literally a dice roll at that point, and you can't dodge to try for a higher slot. You could easily have to grind out another 20+ games to get another chance for promotion because of random factors.

That's not even touching the matter that you can drop back down a tier after a hard won promotion series because of trolling or bad teammates, forcing you through the same process you just went through AGAIN. No, this is going to end is record breaking numbers of tribunal reports in ranked and it was already a bad environment.
Good thing no one plays support in this game, especially not anyone at higher elos!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheC√ł√łkieMonster

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Goatious View Post
You already have the right to harass me if I pick karma.
You already have the right to dodge because I pick karma and make me wait another 10 minutes...
You already have the right to report me for playing karma regardless of outcome.
You already have the right to suspend and eventually perma-ban me from the game because I pick karma...

Now you want to prevent me from even being able to play at all? How about you learn the definition of a troll before you start screaming witch.

I will educate you since ranked is down:

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways." - Wikipedia

There is no way that any of that could be foreseen from the champion select. Even if someone is spamming racial remarks just to get a rise out of people, it has no bearing on the match. If someone picks a mid when another mid was already picked, it's a failure to communicate and work together as a team and everyone involved is equally guilty. If and only if the guy in question were to pick say darius and TELL you he was going to go AP mid it still doesn't constitute as trolling until he actually does it.

If you start giving people the ability to kick, then all that will happen is everyone will simply kick each other out and no one will get to play.

Also... how do you replace the person kicked? Do you just go into the match 4v5 now?

Btw why don't we tripple taxes on gas companies in the US, I mean common they're robbing us blind! - Bet most of you don't even understand this one.
Have you ever tried explaining your reason for picking karma?

Communication is key and why we are able to chat.

---------

When kicked the Queue restarts...or a new player from queue is instantly placed in the match with you and banning restarted.

------

If 3/5 or 4/5 of the team chooses to not want to play with someone then that says the person has done something to irritate the team ..... same as tribunal voting... we vote that we would not want to play with that person.

Communication and Behaivor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralAardvark

Senior Member

02-01-2013

One player picks a non-meta champion.

Four players boot him from the game, even though he might have a 70% win rate with his favorite champion.

Thats fun and stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disgustipated86

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCÝÝkieMonster View Post
Have you ever tried explaining your reason for picking karma?

Communication is key and why we are able to chat.

---------

When kicked the Queue restarts...or a new player from queue is instantly placed in the match with you and banning restarted.

------

If 3/5 or 4/5 of the team chooses to not want to play with someone then that says the person has done something to irritate the team ..... same as tribunal voting... we vote that we would not want to play with that person.

Communication and Behaivor
So you could communicate with the would be troll instead of kicking them?

Been in too many other games in which kicking is a feature, people get kicked for the stupidest reasons so your plan has no way to be truly balanced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheC√ł√łkieMonster

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAardvark View Post
One player picks a non-meta champion.

Four players boot him from the game, even though he might have a 70% win rate with his favorite champion.

Thats fun and stuff.

That player sits out 5 minutes..... after 10 kicks his pregame logs are sent to tribunal to review if the player is toxic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheC√ł√łkieMonster

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post
So you could communicate with the would be troll instead of kicking them?

Been in too many other games in which kicking is a feature, people get kicked for the stupidest reasons so your plan has no way to be truly balanced.
Players are currently being punished for avoiding trolls at a rate that has Riot for a loss of words.... so Riot raised the punishment for dodging instead of giving a defense against the problem ... the trolls

If kicked you have a 5 minute wait while the others get in a game..... after 10 times being kicked, pregame logs are sent to riot for review....this has many options of vote... not just punish / pardon... but maybe a bubble system to punish the real troll from chat which would then flag that tribunal report on the person bubbled and if they recieve 10 or so,, then that bubbled person's logs are sent to tribunal..


many options on the table


defense necessary


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merissa

Member

02-01-2013

I don't like it, yes it sucks being paired with trolls however if they truely are trolling- take screen shots of proof report them and if you lose, make up for your game. Having the abillity to kick someone would just make more people pissed off. So many people are currently so uptight about the meta that if you ever see something that you normally don't they are automatically cast as trolls even if they aren't. For the majority if this was implemented, trolling wouldn't start until in the game. It would no longer be a kick for trolls, but a kick for those that aren't sticking to the so called "meta" . For example: i played top ad taric, whole team *****ed complained called GG before game started. Yet i had the wukong sitting under his tower crying and we won. If my team had the ability to kick, id have been gone and not shown them that yes sometimes different things work.

It would also create just another huge problem with "role calling" and " pick order" .

Just carry the troll. If you can't , lose, move on and win your next one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toonzilla

Member

02-01-2013

Love the idea of this thread, bump for support.