Riot, Ever thought of Player Moderators on LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Zero View Post
no but man dont u know how mean they are
like i said, i played runescape for 5 years, i know everything bout PMODS if u actually think i dont, i know abusive some were, i witnessed myself, but this idea is clean and smooth...all they can do is prior report AND RIOT HAS TO CHECK THEM BEFORE TAKING ACTION, so no false reports can be made, please think on my side.

Potato Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v5 or AFK View Post
like i said, i played runescape for 5 years, i know everything bout PMODS if u actually think i dont, i know abusive some were, i witnessed myself, but this idea is clean and smooth...all they can do is prior report AND RIOT HAS TO CHECK THEM BEFORE TAKING ACTION, so no false reports can be made, please think on my side.
i've played for 6+ years and i know more than u, dont u try to change pmods. they dont deserve to play the game

sugarcrotch

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
Honestly, I don't think that's my problem. I think that they need to do it.

Leaving discipline to people who have no accountability is just a bad idea. It'd be like, in stead of using a jury in courts, we just sent random surveys to peoples' e-mail addresses with anonymous details of the crime and judged based off of the replies we got within 48 hours.

"Well 92% of random people we e-mailed who actually cared enough to reply say he's guilty so I guess we'll let the Judge assign a punishment"

Totally effective.

as someone who doesnt like surveys.. its not that i dont care. its that surverys are bull**** and a waste of time. unless there is money rewarded.

also people ***** and moan about tribunal being done by the player base.. they would ***** about player mods too..

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

you can actually think of this idea as:

Players mods as riot employees assistants.

they tell them "prior report" of this players action "riot takes action not pmod"

Etmas

02-01-2013

The tribunal + report system is fine enough.

Don't need any ego inflated "user mods" strutting around and scaring players into submission in all their games.

Lycaeus

02-01-2013

I do however think that there should be specific players (chosen by Riot staff members based on persistent good judgement and dedication) that can access a larger number of tribunal cases per day (perhaps unlimtied) and whose vote carries greater influence on cases.

Having moderators actually in games, that participate themselves, would cause too much drama and have huge abuse potential. If moderators were ever implemented, they should only be allowed to moderate games using a special spectator mode that allows access to chats on both sides

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etmas View Post
The tribunal + report system is fine enough.

Don't need any ego inflated "user mods" strutting around and scaring players into submission in all their games.
dude how would they scare them into their submission if the players know all that player mods can do is prior report...

lxpq15

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v5 or AFK View Post
you can actually think of this idea as:

Players mods as riot employees assistants.

they tell them "prior report" of this players action "riot takes action not pmod"
So.. it's pretty much the same as every other playing reporting someone? What's the point?

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpq15 View Post
So.. it's pretty much the same as every other playing reporting someone? What's the point?
regular reports go to tribunal

"PRIOR" reports to go riot employees DIRECTLY.

thats the point.

Spyman148

02-01-2013

The OP is explaining that difference being is the mods report will carry more weight and will be reviewed by Riot themselves.