Riot, Ever thought of Player Moderators on LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wei Wing

02-01-2013

League of Legends has problems but nothing like Runescape.. Scammers, Hackers etc all this rubbish.

Runescape only has Mods because they dont have a system like the Tribundal. Honestly if we had players who were mods who were given higher priorities over other players it would ruin the game. I mean theres enough players giving threats using the report button. With mods it can easily come overboard. I mean just check the honor ribbons and baron nasher icon, it's amazing how some players actually obtain them.

Yowane Haku

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v5 or AFK View Post
Ik runescape is bad now, but im taking the positive one of it,

You guys are missing the point, if they see a mod in the game THEY WONT GO ON with the afk/troll/etc...thats what happened on runescape
So for one game they'll act all nice and then as soon as they get to a new game start acting up again. Might as well not use resources to develop this and keep it the same way everything is right now since it seems like they're only going to act nicely that one game.

toodlin oots

02-01-2013

If they were handpicked volunteers by Riot, I think it would be ok.
Also, they would need to blend into the community, otherwise, people will be on their best behavior while you are in the game, not necessarily their natural behavior.
Personally, I like the way 4chan handles it, in the way that technically, you could be posting with a mod/janitor and not know it.

Eleshakai

02-01-2013

Quote:
thats a great idea, for a 100 player average game, your talkin bout millions of logins daily which goes with 5 million games daily, you think riot 50-100 employees will be able to monitor all of those games?
Honestly, I don't think that's my problem. I think that they need to do it.

Leaving discipline to people who have no accountability is just a bad idea. It'd be like, in stead of using a jury in courts, we just sent random surveys to peoples' e-mail addresses with anonymous details of the crime and judged based off of the replies we got within 48 hours.

"Well 92% of random people we e-mailed who actually cared enough to reply say he's guilty so I guess we'll let the Judge assign a punishment"

Totally effective.

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowane Haku View Post
So for one game they'll act all nice and then as soon as they get to a new game start acting up again. Might as well not use resources to develop this and keep it the same way everything is right now since it seems like they're only going to act nicely that one game.

Since there are around 32 million accounts registered ( thats an old value)

ofcourse like 1000 mods wont be in every game, right?

thats why their should be more mods added, lets start with 100,000? if u actually put probability on, the probability of a game witnessing a mod is like, 5 in a 100? that still decreases the ratio of trolls...think small...you become big...

WraithNexus

02-01-2013

The only sort of player moderator this game needs is for the public chat rooms (which get terrible). Otherwise I think the concept of the Tribunal is wonderful

FarmedAndFamous

02-01-2013

No jesus **** this is the last thing we need>tribunal is bad enough

Wei Wing

02-01-2013

Quote:
Ik runescape is bad now, but im taking the positive one of it,

You guys are missing the point, if they see a mod in the game THEY WONT GO ON with the afk/troll/etc...thats what happened on runescape
I've played with Riot members where people treat each other like rubbish. Riot members dont work 24/7, some of them play LoL as a break like many ordinary players. Also as helpful as mods are I really dont like having mods installed if they are going to be placed as threats...players shouldn't hide when a mod is evident. They should behave in a well manner always, having mods will only hide players attitudes.

Also runescape mods aren't reliable one bit, alot of them abuse their power reporting people for minor insults. Honestly the way I see obtaining a LoL mod would be a free ticket from players insulting you or others.

1v5 or AFK

02-01-2013

i played runescape for 5 years, YES I KNOW THAT alot of mods were abusive, but i actually found tons , and i mean TONS that are really good and helpful, anyways, you cant take the bad part of an idea and throwing it away, example:

if you find a cup,half filled with water and your thirsty:

will you think about the half filled cup water to satisfy your thirst,

or will u be sad that u dont have the half rest?

Potato Zero

02-01-2013

Most of the RS PMods were tools, riot pls no