Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.86%
No 514 18.14%
Voters: 2833. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

02-01-2013

I don't know..

Sure it'd be great when we can just get rid of trolls, but I'm pretty sure there would be people use it to their advantage. Like, if the enemy has better team comp than them- dodge.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
The one provision I'd like to see is that if you vote-kick someone, the game goes back to the 'queue' phase and the four players who kicked the fifth are put LOWER in the queue than the one kicked - ie. unless the one kicked dodges or leaves the queue, he gets a new game FIRST.

This way, you can't troll someone by voting them out frivolously or just because you don't like their champ pick. If you do so, they get to play BEFORE you.
Well that could work except that keeps the troll being rewarded...

What makes more sense is a minimum 5 minute waiting period after you are kicked so that the other 4 can get back in without you this time around.

That gives a minimal punishment while making the kick worth it.

Trolls have to learn that its wrong to troll....and legits need a chance to play without being trolled and losing ranking for dodging a troll

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

pew pew.
like all good ideas. this one will surely be abused.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
I don't know..

Sure it'd be great when we can just get rid of trolls, but I'm pretty sure there would be people use it to their advantage. Like, if the enemy has better team comp than them- dodge.
You can Alt-F4 dodge anytime... but in season 3 you are punished with time penalty, lose your place in a series and lose ranking.

The kick gives the legits a chance to avoid trolls without being punished for it.

Daffie999

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
Explain your pick and show your lolking profile.... and you wont have to worry...

This is more about vote kicking those players threatening to:

- AFK
- Feed
- Troll picking a second mid without team consent
- Any other rudeness that will ruin the team
Sounds very noble. But you have to think about the worst cases and how it can be abused. I'm all for reducing trolls, but its stupid to give them other ways to troll.

Trapinch

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
In season 3 if you dodge you lose your qualifying standings....also time penalty... and points.

No option to kick is a serious problem with so many trolls.

Trolls have all the power without vote kick
Kind of sad but true.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO KidKaiser View Post
pew pew.
like all good ideas. this one will surely be abused.
Possible, and yes people have pointed out some methods...

However...

The benefits outweigh the possible abuses.

-------------------------

Riot raised the punishment in season 3 for dodging becasue they think that people are dodging to much by statistics....

Riot forgot that the dodging is due to trolls causing legit players to dodge for a time penalty rather than a loss of Ranking.

----------------

Something else that the Vote kick could be used for that friends just facebooked me on is that once you are kicked 10 times, your pregame chats all goto tribunal making a report..

Tribunal can then vote on your pregame behaivor as a troll...

Decent idea

Warcrackked

02-01-2013

I find it ironic im being punished for trying to avoid playing with the scum of the earth and when i dodge they are free to troll the next game and I wait. Making me lose points to trolls is just going to turn me into the thing i hate most. Two negatives makes a positive?

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcrackked View Post
I find it ironic im being punished for trying to avoid playing with the scum of the earth and when i dodge they are free to troll the next game and I wait. Making me lose points to trolls is just going to turn me into the thing i hate most. Two negatives makes a positive?

Thats how I look at it as well....

We are triple punished...

- Time wait
- Removed from our series to raise in Ranking Tier
- Loss of points

Trolls on the other hand...

- Trolled you into quitting
- Get instant requeue
- Troll more people into dodging and losing ranking

-----------------

10 times being kicked could send chat log to Tribunal or Riot for review of pregame chat logs... and when kicked you wait out 5 minutes allowing the legits a head start in reque to avoid you.

IRyzeForNidalee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I can't believe people honestly think this is a good idea.

You think people won't all vote "Yes" on a kick vote because they don't vote to surrender very often? HAH. You must be joking. If they aren't getting a loss or any kind of penalty, of course they'll vote yes if they have any reason to want a new queue. Got outpicked? Kick team captain for not banning OP-champion-number-eighteen. Last pick has bad lolking? Kick him and hope for a better teammate. Your top laner just picked Nasus? Kick the *******, Nasus isn't viable.

Report option in pre-game chat? Yes please.

Kick option? HELL NO.