Watched Angel Beats from start to finish during maintenance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brandi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middieno View Post
Are you Brock, Ashe, or Nurse Joy in this situation?

MoreBaked

02-01-2013

i was mad they didnt show much tk and just made him disappear like nothing.

Snakeblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get into my van View Post
All anime looks the same to me.
In all honesty a lot will. You need to find the few that crawl away from the cliche anime tropes that are preaented in next to every "soft anime" such as angel beats. It makes the "writer" free money essentially if they just repeat the same monotonous beach or carnival episode 4 times a season and really fluff out the story. Good anime is no different then good American or european TV except its animated, when there is real story that you can get wrapped in aside from just seeing boobs on 14 year olds for 20 min thats when you will notice the difference.

Corpse Princess

02-01-2013

Angel Beats wasn't so great. Want a good modern anime like Angel Beats that will make you want to rip your heart out? Go watch Ano Hana. Just do it. (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai).

Don't get me wrong, I liked Angel Beats, episode 4.5, the "extra" episode made me laugh because it was funny as hell, but towards the end it got really confusing and I hate how they didn't progress towards the other characters storylines and how they died. 3/5 stars.

Get into my van

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeblade View Post
In all honesty a lot will. You need to find the few that crawl away from the cliche anime tropes that are preaented in next to every "soft anime" such as angel beats. It makes the "writer" free money essentially if they just repeat the same monotonous beach or carnival episode 4 times a season and really fluff out the story. Good anime is no different then good American or european TV except its animated, when there is real story that you can get wrapped in aside from just seeing boobs on 14 year olds for 20 min thats when you will notice the difference.
Well, I guess not all anime looks the same to me, since I like Hellsing and some others in that area.

Most anime makes me cringe, though.

Síngéd

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeblade View Post
I don't think I can agree with that philosophy. I'm going to assume that you are a die hard Death Note fan, which is perfectly fine, but the way you generalize anime's that way is nonsensical.

On another hand, fanservice is an important aspect to animes and television. Just look at some of the recent successful series, such as How I Met Your Mother, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. I'm not trying to say that the story isn't important, but it's hard to comprehend what you're trying to say.

One lane thing, Angel Beats had literally little to no fanservice at all.

MoreBaked

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get into my van View Post
Well, I guess not all anime looks the same to me, since I like Hellsing and some others in that area.

Most anime makes me cringe, though.
id recommend gurren lagann if you like action. its got a lot of over the top action think giant robots righting ontop of solar systems throwing galaxies like ninja stars. oh and the robot is piloted by a robot which is piloting another robot piloting another robot x9

MesaanaWoT

02-01-2013

watched it, and it was just alright. Not a very good story, but still a somewhat "touching" ending.

would not watch it again: 6/10

IndecisivePlayer

02-01-2013

i cried watching clannad DAE feels??? r/animecirclejerk

ADCisMyReligion

02-01-2013

Angel Beats is the only anime I cried watching, you're way late in watching it now.

I think Angle Beats is a ****ing masterpiece though. That's saying a lot because I have very high standards and I don't usually like that kind of genre.