Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiottoXIII

02-01-2013

i was aware of the sale and wasn't happy but i wasn't mad... I just kinda wanted them to do something like what they did with diana and her headdress change... compensation where compensation is due if 1000+ more players are going to now own the goth annie skin well i would like to be refunded some of what i paid for it that was my logic anyways...or at least you know when panda annie goes up as a sign of good will those who bought the digital collector's bundle could be entitled to a coupon to get panda annie for free... I honestly think the knee jerk reaction was a bad move on riot's part too but hey you live and you learn...

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Ah I think I see. You are upset that it doesn't work like you think (and I agree to a point) it should. But acting like people that play lots of ARAM DON'T limit their pool for just this reason is naive. And if you CAN do it to get an advantage, people WILL do it, and if you don't you are hurting yourself and your teammates. Pulling from the free champ rotations helps keep it in balance, ensuring that at least some people are gonna get champs that they suck with or suck at ARAM. It's still fun, even when I do get champs I don't know how to play or whatever, I just don't want champs I absolutely HATE playing permanently on my list for it. Make sense?
So what we should take away from this is that we need to petition Riot to make ARAM pull from the entire champ pool?

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
I'm not sure that is what should be taken away from this, although I am a bit biased of course. Adding things to unobtainable skins doesn't anger people -- I think it is more a way of giving thanks to people who supported Riot back in the day.

Most of the anger comes from confusion over different expectations and ideas. The way Goth Annie was marketed was that she would only be available through the collector's pack. Therefore people purchased it with that idea in mind. When that notion changes people get confused and then frustrated and angry.

Did people get angry when Bewitching Nidalee got bat particles? I never saw any overwhelming negativity towards that decision.
Actually, yes. This. The thing that started the rage was not the skin getting a makeover, but the announcement of the sale separately from the bundle.
Though I can see many threads of "I want it!" being posted, if those were ignored it's not likely that rage would occur.
Though it would be hard to come to a middle ground between people who want it and people who don't like you have on goth annie, because you do have to purchase the whole bundle for just the silver kayle skin, as it's a physical copy.

The RoyaI We

02-01-2013

Sucks that I won't have a chance at a skin for a champ I play 90% of the time at a reasonable price. I bet no one here arguing even mains Annie. ;_;
(That price was so reasonable, how could you do this Riot ;_;;; )

Chamenas

02-01-2013

Love how people ignored my completely legitimate post.

Goth Annie was never promised to be bundle-only.

Ultimately it's Riot's decision. But the owners of Goth Annie don't have the same ground to stand on that owners of other exclusive skins like Limited Skins do. They were never given that explicit promise. It's something they implied when they purchased the skin.

Sedna

02-01-2013

Why did this turn into a huge debate on ARAM?

Aphoristic

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Unfortunately, I think this situation has shown that adding things to unobtainable skins is more harmful than helpful.
No, this skin is different from others. The solution wasn't to try to release the skin, but to try and make the bundle system not ripoff people who already owned everything else in the bundle.

With other, actually limited skins, they need to be available for people whom missed the opportunities to get them. There are many ways that work at keeping those skins limited in quantity, but still available to those whom want them the most.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras Victoria View Post
Why did this turn into a huge debate on ARAM?
It's not a huge debate on ARAM, but it's being complained that to buy Goth Annie you have to buy all the champs along with it ruining your ARAM.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
So what we should take away from this is that we need to petition Riot to make ARAM pull from the entire champ pool?
Sure, why not? It would be interesting. Never gonna happen though.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
25 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mage NA View Post
My question is simple: If I buy the bundle now (to enjoy Goth Annie during her visual rework) and this tech rolls out in 1-2 months, will I be credited at all? Or, would the 4k RP just be the price I have to pay for not waiting a month or two?
No clue. For the most part, we credit people who made purchases within two weeks of a change. Bundles are going to be really complicated to do this for in general, so I have no idea what our approach would be.

If you feel happy spending that much RP on the skin (plus anything else you're missing), then make the purchase not expecting to get a refund or don't buy it yet. It's the only way to guarantee you don't feel like you've been ripped off in the end. No solution we make will make everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouI Reaver View Post
kinda been up all night following this thread and have to say props to Ames, I had no idea Riot had people working 24hrs.
We have a team or two, but I'm not on those. The cost of staying up to answer these questions for me is one very, very long day. I came in around 9 AM on Thursday.

Quote:
You always respond wisely and at all hours to a variety of topics! Thanks for keeping us posted on this little debacle regarding Goth Annie.

Easily one of the best forum going Rioters out there. (would be great to get a game with you sometime! )
Thanks a lot! I haven't had time to play with the community much for the last few months. Still, feel free to try. I like playing with you guys when I can. Made a lot of friends when I was playing ARAM late at night for a while there.

Quote:
missing the kick*ss Bloodfury Renek icon heh-heh.
Sometimes, so do I. But Jayce's snarky little smirk is just too good to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docccy View Post
@RiotAmes Will you marry me?
Depends. How do you feel about long walks on moonlit beaches? And chili-cheese dogs?

These are important questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphoristic View Post
Ames, there has to be something that can be done to get limited skins into the hands of people who want them. I wasn't playing this game when some of them were available, so how is it fair to say I should never have a chance at some of them? I understand the need to keep the amount of them out there limited, but there are plenty of ways to do so. Skin trading would work aside from the part where people would charge outrageous prices for the skins. Tying the ability to obtain older limited skins to a loyalty program, or perhaps an achievements system would also keep the amount of people with the skins down but make them attainable.
I don't disagree that it'd be awesome. What we'd do and if we'd do it aren't decisions for me to make. I don't personally buy into the exclusive club and never really have, but a lot of people do and I/we need to respect that.