Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

02-01-2013

Hey, Ames or Hip, I'm not sure if you're allowed to talk about this, but I have a Silver Kayle skin on an account I abandoned. When/if you guys release that skin trading thing Hip was talking about, will I be able to use it to move that Kayle to my main account? I realize it may cost RP to trade it and that's fine.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I get that the lawsuit happened because they refused to compensate, but she could have sought enough to cover. Instead it was "maximum possible damages". Why? Because she could. That's how it is in every court case. Maximum possible damages. SO many court cases with overlapping charges trying to seek damages. I actually have had personal experience with that. Everyone tries to bleed everyone else dry of as much as they can. Her medical bills and compensation for her troubles weren't worth what she made off of the case.

"The jury damages included $160,000[2] to cover medical expenses and compensatory damages and $2.7 million in punitive damages."
Dude this is McDonald's we're talking about, not some poor, innocent family owned non-franchise fast food joint. You really think 3 million dollars phased them? They could have afforded to replace their faulty machines but didn't. McDonald's is not the victim here.

Iwillseeyoubleed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Someone said 'Christmas Eve' the other day and I facepalmed at the missed opportunity.

One day.
Christmas Eve isn't as good as New Years Eve.

RixuS

02-01-2013

There sure a lot of ________ people in this thread.

A) Young
B) Poor
C) All of the above

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post

A) Young
B) Poor
C) All of the above
You forgot options, entitled, snowflakes, cons, dems, etc.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post

A) Young
B) Poor
C) All of the above
Your commentary is really contributing some valuable points to the debate going on here. Thanks for stopping by.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Dude this is McDonald's we're talking about, not some poor, innocent family owned non-franchise fast food joint. You really think 3 million dollars phased them? They could have afforded to replace their faulty machines but didn't. McDonald's is not the victim here.
Exactly. "They can afford it so it makes it k." Riot can afford a lot too. Why doesn't someone sue them over this "Bait-and-switch" everyone keeps claiming? Maybe because no one could pull it off because there's no case here?

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teasč View Post
I don't even own this skin, but I don't want this sale to go through just for the sheer fact that I love seeing people deprived of something.

God this thread is good.
You sum up the stance of pretty much everyone opposing it.

Pure, immaculate selfishness.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
21 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vąmp View Post
Are we ever gonna get another chance to buy FrankenTibbers Annie ?
Despite how awesome it was/is, FrankenTibbers is Limited. There won't be any way to purchase it (that I'm aware of as of this post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
Acknowledge mah idea sir, I wanna know how terrible it is.
It's terrible.

(there might be some merit in it at some point- 'greedy' incentives aren't terrible for people on either end of the purchase usually, but the execution would matter- not convinced that a 1:1 % ratio is the right way to do it, if at all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms LadyDelicious View Post
RiotAmes and Hipp./staff

... I for one appreciate your feedback, makes me feel like you actually care about our opinions. And thanks for all that you do, even if at the end of the day you feel like the community is extremely angry at you, just remember there are some out there that understand mistakes happen.

I am excited to see whats "in-store" for what your planning on these skins. Good luck and thanks again!
We aim to please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Ames, seriously I have a lot of respect for you coming here and saying what you've said, and what you've done. But its seriously upsetting that the cancellation still hasn't been posted to the main page like the announcement was.
Considering how short the sale was actually announced for, and that the announcement has been updated to reflect this decision, I don't think we've done that poor of a job with this one. If it had been been up for a week - I would agree with you. I'm biased, though.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
Ok you win, most retarded post in this thread.
Really? So if I want to get Goth Annie, I have to add characters like Fiddles, Rammus, Sivir, Teemo, Tryndamere, and Warwick to my list? I neither know how to play those characters nor have any desire to learn how to play those characters. But being FORCED to get them to get a skin adds them to my champ list, which means there is a decent chance they will come up in ARAM instead of a character I would actually like to play.

And my post is retarded... right.

EDIT: For the mentally challenged, I know those champs are not everyone in the bundle, just an example list of champs I have tried and hated.