Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
You can't be serous. The entire reason you buy something limited is because you think it's going to stay limited. I didn't buy goth annie to go into every game turret diving with Emumu trolling all-chat by spamming FML, I bought it because the bundle was good and the skin was exclusive, get it right.
Like you just stated here..."the bundle was good and the skin was exclusive." You just admitted this wasn't bought solely based on the skin. It most likely wouldn't have been nearly as enticing if you'd already owned all the champs included, would it have?

That was my case and why I've never bought the bundle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aggrbargl

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Because players who owned all of the champions when they bought the bundle arguably should get more than 975 RP, and players who owned nothing in the bundle when they bought it don't deserve any refund. So giving all bundle owners 975 RP is fair to no one.
Why is this situation different from champions whose price is reduced, where you don't refund the difference to people who paid the higher price months or years before?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
And if you wife or girlfriend did something like this to you, like broke your trust, why WOULDN'T you say something like that? In fact, most of us probably HAVE in a similar situation.

I wasn't saying anything to be rude or hateful, I'm stated the damn truth. I've lost trust in them over this.
Ok ok it was a weak analogy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
And your impulsiveness that got you to pay for RP for something that wasn't released yet.
Um. You do know that these type of situations in real life can get stores in trouble right? If this had happened at a retail store you would be awarded compensation for the mis-communication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

02-01-2013
17 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
I'm to be blamed for purchasing RP for an ANNOUNCED SKIN I want while I had the money? This wasn't based on a hunch or an assumption, this was based on their official announcement.
Hey Toad, I can see why you're upset if you bought RP for this that you otherwise wouldn't have bought. Are you saying you want to reverse that purchase? I don't know if it's even possible but let me know what payment method you used and I'll look into it for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Animato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

i've said it once, i'll say it again and again...i own huntress sivir, and i would love it if riot put up this "special/exclusive/omgihavethisandyoudon't/whatever you want to call it" skin up for sale for a limited time when she gets the annie treatment. it's a great skin, why wouldn't i not want to share it with others?

on a side off-topic note...man, i haven't played sivir in ages...so bad with her now haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexie

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
And your impulsiveness that got you to pay for RP for something that wasn't released yet.
You're missing the point. When a store advertises a sale on a product in a catalog, you can expect to go into the store and purchase that product at the reduced price. But if you go into the store and the manager says "sorry, we decided not to put that product on sale after all" then you'd be pretty pissed off. You were counting on them to keep their word. That kind of thing is illegal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
And your impulsiveness that got you to pay for RP for something that wasn't released yet.
Something that was PROMISED to be released in the VERY near future.

It's like preordering a video game from a game shop, you put your deposit down because you're promised that game when it comes out. If the game gets delayed or canceled though you're not just out of luck, because you can get that money back.

You had faith in a product they advertised as coming soon, and if it gets yanked, it's the sore's fault, even if not directly. And THEY are responsible to make it right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenolithium

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey Toad, I can see why you're upset if you bought RP for this that you otherwise wouldn't have bought. Are you saying you want to reverse that purchase? I don't know if it's even possible but let me know what payment method you used and I'll look into it for you.

It's a trap! FIGHT THE POWER!

DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintWraiths

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Might aswell put a bit info about every exclusive skins in the future, "Will be a normal skin for a low price when she/he gets a new model, even though we havent mentioned it should be anything else than a exclusive skin"

Learn to respect Riot.