Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MSF72

02-01-2013

I'm not taking either side of this argument, because if I had bought the skin with the bundle I'd be extremely upset and PO'd as well. But... From a analyzing standpoint:

* It would technically be a limited edition only skin if it were on sale for only 10 days. Not everyone would have it, but it'd be about as common as the halloween skins that were available.
* Markets do these things all the time. "This product is only available if you call the number on your screen! You won't find it in stores!" Then you see it in stores months later.
* Riot gave their word, got people hopeful, they should be willing to stick to their word regardless. Before releasing an official statement, they should have given the scenario more thought.

Again, I'm not taking either side, but calling it how I see it from a standpoint where I'd be personally pissed off myself had I been involved in the original members position, I'm going to have to say that Riot is in the wrong either way regardless of the decision they make.

Seeing as it's all digital possessions anyway, they should be responsible to the group (and have it documented), to be able to refund 975 RP (the cost of what it'll be limited availability) to all the users that originally bought the bundle in the first place and put it on sale for a limited time. Either this, or they should subtract the 975 from the bundle and refund that seeing as the only way to retain the skin was a forced option to get the extra materials that were obviously optional wants at that time.

Ultimately, my conclusion is that Riot is completely responsible for the decision and owes everyone a little something for this.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
I got the skin because it was EXCLUSIVE. At this point Hippalus you might as well just permanently bring back all the skins league has ever put in the store because at some point or another, the promise of exclusivity will be broken. You have nothing to be upset over Toad, you get to get the skin, and players who bought the skin for it's exclusivity get a slap in the face.
But I don't have the skin, and most likely won't ever have it. I may not be buying ANYMORE skins to begin with after this. Because I can't find it in myself to support a company who does what Riot has done today.

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:
I got the skin because it was EXCLUSIVE. At this point Hippalus you might as well just permanently bring back all the skins league has ever put in the store because at some point or another, the promise of exclusivity will be broken. You have nothing to be upset over Toad, you get to get the skin, and players who bought the skin for it's exclusivity get a slap in the face.
No. I doubt up until her rework, you used Goth Annie, or Annie let alone.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
I would suggest to have everyone who bought the bundle prior to this to receive Black Alistar, in exchange to having Goth Annie put in the store for a limited time like originally planned.

If skin exclusivity and feeling special is that important to the bundle owners, they would gladly accept those terms.
We paid 3900RP for something we thought was exclusive. If you're going to take that away from us, we expect something equally exclusive in exchange for going back on your word.

Lexie

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks Ames for jumping in here.

Players who want to buy Goth Annie and already own most/all of the bundle will get their chance when we roll out new bundle tech that will adjust pricing for content they already own. That should happen in a month or two. That will also give us time to figure out if and how to comp players who overpaid for the bundle to get Goth Annie even when they already owned most of the content in the bundle.
So firstly you go back on your word that Goth Annie was exclusive to the bundle.
THEN you go back on your word that Goth Annie would go on sale separately.
NOW what you're doing is giving those who wanted the sale the middle finger by making them wait a number of months to give them a chance to *maybe* get what you originally promised them. Something doesn't seem right there, does it?

I'd say about 40% of people want it to stay exclusive - so in essence, you've angered more people than you've placated by making this decision. I seriously don't understand why this happened.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolithium View Post
No. I doubt up until her rework, you used Goth Annie, or Annie let alone.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2278349
The last champ I used was Annie, you can lolking me if you don't believe me. I used Goth Annie because it was exclusive.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

02-01-2013
15 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
I don't understand this decision logically. You are not releasing the skin in store, however you will be reducing/reworking bundles to still give access to the skin. So ultimately, the "exclusivity" these people were downvoting you for still isn't being delivered, so why bother making it such a hassle to get and just give it to us? If you're going to make it available for purchase, just make it available.
The difference is that players will need to own the rest of the bundle content to get it for that price, so it will still be exclusive to players who have invested the time or money to acquire that content.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
How is it being babyish to be legitimately pissed off because I was duped into spending money on RP to buy something, only for that something to be snatched right from under my nose a few hours later? It's not like I was just assuming they'd put the skin up for sale. It's the fact that they made a huge announcement that it would be for sale, and then went against their own word and retracted it.

It's not a matter of being a baby, it's a matter of being deceived and LIED to.
He's telling you you'll get it at some point. Riot wasn't intentionally trying to upset you or anyone. In fact, they're working to try and make all of us happy even though it may not be their first priority. Here a Riot employee is telling you he'll figure out a way that the skin won't cost 3900 within the next couple of months and you're throwing a fit and basically what you're saying is:"but i want it nooooowwww".

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:
We paid 3900RP for something we thought was exclusive. If you're going to take that away from us, we expect something equally exclusive in exchange for going back on your word.
You paid 3900 RP for a bundle. If you honestly bought the bundle just for a skin, you deserve a slap to the face...or several.

Jowy Avilon

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
I would suggest to have everyone who bought the bundle prior to this to receive Black Alistar, in exchange to having Goth Annie put in the store for a limited time like originally planned.

If skin exclusivity and feeling special is that important to the bundle owners, they would gladly accept those terms.
Heck, give me Huntress Sivir, I would gladly take it as recomp. In the end, the bundle with that skin is essentially the same as the goth annie skin bundle with the exception you get the champs, huntress sivir skin, and i think a small xp boost as opposed to RP back and some useless tier 3 runes.