Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

i personally find exclusivists to be incredibly selfish and i have absolutely no idea why riot seems to bow to their every whim.
There is at least 6 skins that i want to buy but cant because of exclusivists who want to feel better than everyone else >_>

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Borderlands 2 Deluxe Vault Hunter and Loot Chest came with DLC exclusive to those versions the basic version did not have access to.

Guess what you can buy on XBL, PSN, and Steam for $4.99. Give you a hint...it was something the Collector Editions came with.

Several games release 'Pre-Order Exclusives' or version Exclusives later on at a lower price. Only Xbox 360 Fanboys and LoL Community makes a stink about it. I swear, you'd think this was a CoD forum the way people are crying.

So far, only this community seems to be making a big deal about something being exclusive possibly being released.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

02-01-2013
14 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Popular or not, this decision will stand. I'm going to get back to work so I'll be slower to respond, if at all, but I'll leave you with this quote from Hipp for now, as it's the official stance.
Thanks Ames for jumping in here.

Players who want to buy Goth Annie and already own most/all of the bundle will get their chance when we roll out new bundle tech that will adjust pricing for content they already own. That should happen in a month or two. That will also give us time to figure out if and how to comp players who overpaid for the bundle to get Goth Annie even when they already owned most of the content in the bundle.

Iron Solari

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

Players who want to buy Goth Annie and already own most/all of the bundle will get their chance when we roll out new bundle tech that will adjust pricing for content they already own. That should happen in a month or two. That will also give us time to figure out if and how to comp players who overpaid for the bundle to get Goth Annie even when they already owned most of the content in the bundle.
Well that is good to know <3. Although a month or two is a huge wait ><

Jowy Avilon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:

As I have mentioned a few times, just recomp us that bought the bundle an amount of RP, perhaps half in exchange for making the skin available to all and launch it in the store for the masses till the 10th, win/win here.

Mitsuki

02-01-2013

Quote:

We don't want a bundle. In 1 -2 months you can buy all the champions in there. How can you just not put it up for 975 and refund everyone who bought the bundle 975. Either way both sides win.

Mitsuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowy Avilon View Post
As I have mentioned a few times, just recomp us that bought the bundle an amount of RP, perhaps half in exchange for making the skin available to all and launch it in the store for the masses till the 10th, win/win here.
Should only get 975 no less no more.

Codekey

02-01-2013

Smack a 1350 RP tag on it, put it in the store for a week/fortnight and everyone is happy.

1350 is also a great price point in that it weeds out those who really want the skin badly from those who just want it cause it's semi exclusive in a sense. Which keeps the people who payed 4k for a skin (wtf guys) happy and pulls in a bit more profit for our favourite company. Win win.

ToadKillerDog7

02-01-2013

Quote:

That's trash.
You might as well delay Annie's rework until then to be fair then.

I got a feeling I'm gonna be taking an extended vacation from league until this is resolved. I'm absolutely fed up with this. I've been pretty patient during this considering what's been going on. And to be quite honest, I'm not just pissed off, but offended. I feel pretty wronged here.

And as a result of this I just feel like from this point forward anytime a decision is made by you guys and the initial response is negatively against it that it's going to be reversed. From this point I can't take this company's word at 100% face value, knowing that at any time that word could be broken.

A lot of trust in this company has been flushed down the toilet today for me. I hope everyone is happy with these results. You've alienated a diehard, loyal fan/supporter with these decisions.

Mitsuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codekey View Post
Smack a 1350 RP tag on it, put it in the store for a week/fortnight and everyone is happy.

1350 is also a great price point in that it weeds out those who really want the skin badly from those who just want it cause it's semi exclusive in a sense. Which keeps the people who payed 4k for a skin (wtf guys) happy and pulls in a bit more profit for our favourite company. Win win.
No 975 no less no more.