@Riot & community, I would like your input on CC reduction and Tenacity interaction

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISG Helior

02-01-2013

i believe snares are now considered as inmobilizes, so it could be a buff to irelia (addind silence reduction to his passive)

omg we are looking for nerfs wtf

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-01-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

I woke up a second ago and saw this thread. I wasn't sure, so I jumped into the game engine and took a look:

Quote:
if ( caster && caster->TeamID != pOwner->TeamID && (
type == BUFF_Snare ||
type == BUFF_Slow ||
type == BUFF_Fear ||
type == BUFF_Net ||
type == BUFF_Sleep ||
type == BUFF_Stun ||
type == BUFF_Taunt ||
type == BUFF_Flee ||
type == BUFF_Silence ||
type == BUFF_Blind ) )
{
float ccRedux = GetOwner()->GetCCReduction();
dur *= (1.0f - ccRedux);
dur = Riot::Max(dur, 0.3f);
}
Now taking a look at Irelia pre 3.01 which used an entirely different code path before....

Quote:
if (type == BUFF_Snare ||
type == BUFF_Slow ||
type == BUFF_Fear ||
type == BUFF_Net ||
type == BUFF_Sleep ||
type == BUFF_Stun ||
type == BUFF_Taunt ||
type == BUFF_Flee ||
type == BUFF_Silence ||
type == BUFF_Blind )
{
dur *= (1.0f - 0.1f - 0.15f * numEnemyChampionsNearby);
}
Cool, this is just a tooltip typo! Thanks for your sharp observational skills, dude.

"Clever creatures!" - Kha'zix

Flames of Rage

02-01-2013

Ionia shall not fall!

Dragoncon

Recruiter

02-01-2013

While this thread has the attention of rioters and we are on the subject of Tenacity I would like to point out a fallacy about tenacity that has always bugged me.

Tenacity as it is now reduces the duration of slows. that is fine for some slows but not all.... if a slow is able to be reapplied than that tenacity does not do anything to the slow at all.

Examples being that Tenacity is good against nasus' slow but does nothing of note against Ashe's Q or any AOE slows.

Basically any champion can counter the Tenacity against their slow by just building Frozen Mallet.

I don't understand why Tenacity doesn't reduce the effectiveness of slows by reducing the value you are slowed by. This way Tenacity would be effective against all forms of slow instead of just short burst slows.

Fish Fillet

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I woke up a second ago and saw this thread. I wasn't sure, so I jumped into the game engine and took a look:

Now taking a look at Irelia pre 3.01 which used an entirely different code path before....

Cool, this is just a tooltip typo! Thanks for your sharp observational skills, dude.

"Clever creatures!" - Kha'zix
I like how Sleep is still in here

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-01-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Sleep is a pretty toxic rage-inducing multiplayer mechanic, so it's not shocking that "break-on-damage" effects don't exist in league.

And hey, Swiftness boots exist for a reason.

Hotdogs

02-01-2013

so is there any change to the way the mechanics work or is it just a tooltip change?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

02-01-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

It's just a tooltip change. Irelia's passive reduced snares, silences, slows and so on. It just didn't list them all.

Qbe

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
{
float ccRedux = GetOwner()->GetCCReduction();
dur *= (1.0f - ccRedux);
}
Didn't know that CC has a minimum duration of 0.3 seconds. Or am I reading this wrong?