Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kairu777

01-31-2013

Trinity force 3 gold combine cost.... lol

niceguy a

01-31-2013

are they going to use top rating or current rating? plz reply

Yma Sumac

01-31-2013

so lets give Nasus, Veigar, and Sion "Large creep bonuses"

and not GP?

You even buffed trynd and volibear's attack speed but not GP's horrid attack speed

real

Sneaky McPete

01-31-2013

Quote:
Fiendish Codex
This change allows Fiendish Codex and its various build paths to be more versatile and universally attractive for ability power champions.
Faerie Charm removed from recipe
Total cost is now 820 gold from 1000
No longer grants any mana regen

Nashor's Tooth
Combine cost reduced to 200 gold from 250 (total cost reduced to 2270 gold from 2500)
No longer grants any mana regen

Morellonomicon
Recipe changed: Faerie Charm + Fiendish Codex + Kage's Lucky Pick + 435 gold = 2200 gold
The whole reason I would ever purchase Items like Morellonomicon on an ap carry or Nashors Tooth on a Teemo or ap Kayle build was because they provided the main stats I needed to build them ap with the added benefit of mana regen. Now that it is taken away I am forced to either buy a second item to make up that mana regen, or just stop buying the items entirely. I liked having the choice between athenes unholy grail and morellonomicon when I wanted to get a cdr/mana regen item for an ap carry, now I always have to buy the same item every time. That change to feindish codex was great I will admit, but put a faeri charm into the build set of nashors tooth and morellonomicon again.

Ellondil

QA Lead

01-31-2013
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
TL;DR: Ppl that played ranked get a Tier/Division right away. Ppl that never played ranked will have to play placement games. What happens to ppl that played some but not all placement games before this patch?
The system will count the games you played in the pre-season towards your 10 placement games. So since you already played 9 games, you'll only need to play 1 more game to get placed into a league.

Fuzen kuden

01-31-2013

so kat gets a death cap and a torment and then build tank items and then she just presses riiiite

IonicWind

01-31-2013

I noticed at the very bottom that you are letting bots talk to people which may freak players out to a large degree and may confuse them while in game.

SuperShadonic

01-31-2013

Riot while I love how you expressed that you are taking AP Ezreal in to notice and will readjust him. Please keep 3 things in mind.

1 don't give AP EZ a small buff only like last time you hit his W hard and then buffed by a meager ratio which doesnt start to be nearly as good as pre W nerf till 300 AP. If you wanna buff his Ult... make sure its good or let Ult stay same way but give him maybe mag pen per stack or something in Passive.

2 325 movespeed... why? Because he's the only guy with a blink? I don't know why you are lowering his MS more than any other champ. He's not the only high mobility character.

3 "Ezreal was released as a mage and was supposed to be a mage" - Colt Ezreal (Riot)

But I'll say it again. I appreciate you are taking AP EZ into consideration.

LegendNdaMaking

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
That patch note is about champion losses and win ratios, which are generally just used for complaining in champ select.

"omg ur win ratio is only 20% with ez wtf i'm dodging"
"why aren't you playing taric? you are 10-2 with him wtf so stupid"
etc etc.

You'll still be able to see what champions people have played with the most but you won't see their win ratios (because honestly, it's not a good indicator of skill with that champ until the sample size is very high).
I would still like to see my own win ratios, though. Is it just hidden for others?

AtroxOrexis

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor32 View Post
You killed Shaco's OP JitB's. That was allright for season 2 jungle.. S3 jungle is stronger kinda like S1... How is Shaco able to deal with the S3 stronger jungle with all the nerfs?
So true