ugh. GOTH ANNIE IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE SKIN + an alternative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaDMaNx

Tinithor

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
You also got a bunch of champions with your skin. I'm not sure what your problem there is?

Some people are paying for just a skin, and they're getting just a skin. Other people paid for a skin + a bunch of champions, and they got a skin + a bunch of champions.

Oh, and the pack comes with bonus RP so it doesn't really cost 3900 anyways (or, alternatively, you can say it comes with a few more skins).
Except that when i BOUGHT the pack i got it partly because it came with a skin EXCLUSIVE to that bundle. Just because the graphics got updated and it looks better now does not mean that everyone and their mother is entitled to get this skin separate from the bundle it comes with.

With this sort of mentality there would be no such thing as limited skins, because "Just because you were around when this skin comes out doesn't mean that other people shouldn't get a chance to buy it".

Exclusive skins should not be made less exclusive just like limited skins should not be made less limited because that is part of their appeal. Part of the POINT of skins in the first place is to differentiate yourself from other players in the game, when you take part of that away of course people are going to be unhappy.

Don Savik

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinithor View Post
How about for the people who bought the collectors pack ages ago to get the champion's AND the exclusive skin? Do we not matter? Why should one of the perks we paid for get taken away just because you guys want 1 piece of a bundle and feel you should get it separate now that it's suddenly deemed good?
Because you still get the rest of the perks OH MY GOSH MINDS BLOWN. Why shouldn't we be willing to pay money? Because we aren't stupid enough to spend 30 bucks on a bunch of stuff we don't need? Because it points out your awful purchasing skills?

You aren't part of the hip hoppinest club in town. We aren't some vagrants trying to sneak in. Its a costume swap in a video game. Where is this sense of exclusivity coming from exactly?

Tinithor

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Savik View Post
Because you still get the rest of the perks OH MY GOSH MINDS BLOWN. Why shouldn't we be willing to pay money? Because we aren't stupid enough to spend 30 bucks on a bunch of stuff we don't need? Because it points out your awful purchasing skills?

You aren't part of the hip hoppinest club in town. We aren't some vagrants trying to sneak in. Its a costume swap in a video game. Where is this sense of exclusivity coming from exactly?
I don't understand why you feel like just because you want something they should change the bundle that they designed and take out just the one part you want because you're such a special snowflake and there shouldn't be anything at all that doesn't suit your particular needs.

octavian1127

01-31-2013

What i mostly see on this topic is "qq, i don't want to spend the money other people did"

and like i've said, i don't mind the skin being available if we get compensated. just like they did with the legacy legendaries.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
What i mostly see on this topic is "qq, i don't want to spend the money other people did"

and like i've said, i don't mind the skin being available if we get compensated. just like they did with the legacy legendaries.
Riot promised who ever bought the bundle an exclusive skin that could only be unlocked from the bundles.

Don Savik

01-31-2013

Quote:
I don't understand why you feel like just because you want something they should change the bundle that they designed and take out just the one part you want because you're such a special snowflake and there shouldn't be anything at all that doesn't suit your particular needs.
I don't want the skin.

I didn't change the way the bundle was going to be designed, RIOT WANTED TO.

GD wasn't behind the decision to put the skin on sale, GD was behind the decision to take it down. Riot put the sale up to commemorate the upgrade of Annie, if you have a problem with anyone you should have a problem with them.

I like how to turn and call me the one who wants to be special, when I'm against exclusivity. I don't want ANYONE being special snowflakes over video game skin clubs. Its ridiculous and childish.

civ

01-31-2013

ITT: People try to redefine the word "exclusive"

Malza

01-31-2013

Quote:
How about for the people who bought the collectors pack ages ago to get the champion's AND the exclusive skin? Do we not matter? Why should one of the perks we paid for get taken away just because you guys want 1 piece of a bundle and feel you should get it separate now that it's suddenly deemed good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malza View Post
All the people that before if something changes or goes on sale. Always said "Your fault for buying it with RP" or made a comment asking why you would buy something you can get without paying.

But now everyone's saying that all the content you get in the bundle must have been why you bought it?

How about this? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3064154

Just 9 hours ago all of your opinions were extremely different on this and the only thing that's changed is you would have the possibility to benefit from this by changing your opinion.

Really, just look at the comments upvoted on that thread, and you can't change them not because you guys even locked his thread.

I guess buying champions with RP is suddenly something that doesn't seem worthless to the community unlike an hour before that Annie thread
Really. You guys all change from an attitude of thinking the other content is 100% useless and everyone buying it is dumb to "you really just bought it for the champions" within 1 hour. The only thing that changed is a possibility that you would get a skin cheaper. Stop using this as a point.

Tinithor

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Savik View Post
I don't want the skin.

I didn't change the way the bundle was going to be designed, RIOT WANTED TO.

GD wasn't behind the decision to put the skin on sale, GD was behind the decision to take it down. Riot put the sale up to commemorate the upgrade of Annie, if you have a problem with anyone you should have a problem with them.

I like how to turn and call me the one who wants to be special, when I'm against exclusivity. I don't want ANYONE being special snowflakes over video game skin clubs. Its ridiculous and childish.
If you don't care either way then why don't you respect the idea that some people like to have "collector's" items of sorts? Items that you can only get through one source? Why is this suddenly not allowed just because a skin looks good after the update and people want it all of the sudden we should say "Screw you" to all the people who got it specifically for its exclusivity or who enjoyed that aspect of it?

Honestly the idea of exclusive things being offered isn't a new one, and its something that Riot themselves promised when the bundle was released as was linked earlier in the thread i believe. There is no argument against the skin being kept as part of the bundle. If Riot makes it available through other means then they broke their original promise to the players.