Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashlea

01-31-2013

Haha, good.

A MALLARD DUCK

01-31-2013

Riot I never have anything to say about your business practices, but I really want you to know I think this is a terrible idea. I've been a huge fan and proponent of your game for over two years now, and one of the very first things I did to help support you was purchasing a Collector's Pack when I found I really loved the game. I thought the redesign of the Goth Annie skin was a nice gesture to those who had purchased a pack, and to draw attention back to it in the store so you would maybe get a couple extra sales. I never thought you would release it separately. There are a great deal of Annie skins, in fact, you're releasing another one right away. There is no need for this, surely the extra sales you would make from a solo re-release can't be worth the loss the goodwill from those who are some of your biggest and oldest supporters. Please re-think your position on this. You can find your original post about the CP just as easily as I can, and you can also see that you use the word "exclusive" to describe this skin in that post. Please do this right thing.

Lolily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

edit: welp, Riot caved in. gg

Tenori Taiga

01-31-2013

..I've put up with a lot of your bad choices Riot, but now I'm utterly FUMING. How DARE you offer an 'exclusive' skin in a pack, then turn around and sell it like any old skin to everyone?

I love the whole Gothic Lolita thing, so I bought the skin, I bought the pack JUST for that skin, now you do this? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Truly Outrageous

01-31-2013

Really they should remove the skins from the packs entirely and just slash the prices already since they exist primarily for the benefit of new players anyway who don't care about skins.

Plus anything you can buy with money right this second should probably just be in the store anyway. Putting your customers at the mercy of scalpers doesn't seem right, although the sad truth is that most of the ebay sales are likely internal.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

01-31-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.

Sushi Golem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Thank you so much. I had bought the pack in the store, not realizing when I first played that there were different ways to buy this pack of champs, and different skins based on where I bought it. So I ended up stuck with a Kayle skin, not playing Kayle, and playing a lot of Annie, always wishing I had this skin. I didn't want to pay for the price of the pack to just get this skin, when I already paid my money for it and got tricked. I understand for those that are upset, but sometimes there are situations where it makes sense. If I could have given up Silver Kayle for Goth Annie, I would have done it a long time ago.

Edit: Oh poop, back to not having that Elusive Annie skin...

Purplesaurus Rex

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
Ugh... sucks when pitchforks>reason...

HatredTrinity

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippalus View Post
hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for goth annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release goth annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up goth annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
wtf i wanted to buy goth annie U ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING QQ

Lolily

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplesaurus Rex View Post
Ugh... sucks when pitchforks>reason...
Seriously. =/