[Game][Critical] Game freezes, audio loops.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamrajnagar

01-31-2013

Hey friends. I am playing on the new Riot Mac client. I get decent performance (excluding mouse jitters) on low settings (~40 fps on average). However, while playing today, several times the game would freeze and loop the last few milliseconds of audio over and over again (i.e. DEMACIA-DEMACIA-DEMACIA.) This happened, I think, 4 times during my 20 minute game, and it would last about 5 seconds each time. Although the freezes didn't have any dire consequences (I was playing Garen), I can imagine this could completely ruin a game in the future.

Here is my system info:

OSX Lion 10.7.5
iMac: 20-inch, Mid 2007
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

I just recently reset my SRAM. My internet is great; I typically get around 40 ping.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

01-31-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for the report and the logs. We'll check it out.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-31-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamrajnagar View Post
Hey friends. I am playing on the new Riot Mac client. I get decent performance (excluding mouse jitters) on low settings (~40 fps on average). However, while playing today, several times the game would freeze and loop the last few milliseconds of audio over and over again (i.e. DEMACIA-DEMACIA-DEMACIA.) This happened, I think, 4 times during my 20 minute game, and it would last about 5 seconds each time. Although the freezes didn't have any dire consequences (I was playing Garen), I can imagine this could completely ruin a game in the future.

Here is my system info:

OSX Lion 10.7.5
iMac: 20-inch, Mid 2007
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

I just recently reset my SRAM. My internet is great; I typically get around 40 ping.
Did you happen to reconnect to this game?

DeceitfulFish

01-31-2013

I've had a similar problem just this last game. In my case, it happened right when Xin started harassing and I gave him first blood. -.- It was a good three or four seconds. After the game caught up, most sound effects seemed to "skip" for a few seconds, they would play a second late or not at all.

Mac OS X 10.8.2
MacBook Air Mid-2011
1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
2GB Ram
Intel HD 3000

Chamrajnagar

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister View Post
Did you happen to reconnect to this game?
Yes, the game continued as normal after each freeze; I was not disconnected.

Also, I think I recall there being problems with all sound effects that game, like DeceitfulFish described.