I've been banned for talking about the Chinese/Korean alphabet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaly View Post
Probally got bot banned for talking in all caps

I remember the old diablo 2 channel bots would ban you if you talked in all caps

pretty lame if you ask me
If so, that's pretty damn unfair considering how it's not against the summoner's code and I received no warning, or even a notification.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-30-2013

Just bumpin before I go to bed.

Eon Icefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

You try asking in reddit? I've seen some folks get info/answers from reds or fellow gamers via reddit threads rather than a support thread where wrenchmen are the only ones who can/will help or try to help.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-30-2013

I did but it got pretty much no attention.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-30-2013

Bumping again.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-31-2013

bump

Ginna

01-31-2013

Wow i cant believe they banned you for that, that is so freaking stupid, Then again it is riot....

PlatinumRooster

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocksLoris View Post
As I already posted, support SAYS I was banned for what was said in this chat. I GUARANTEE you that (what you're saying) is not the case. I want you to add me in-game (SomeSortOfDuck) and I will SHOW you that you can get banned by saying what I said. I guarantee you it.

I just sent you a friend request. I really hope you accept this because hopefully you have some connections and can get this sorted it.
I would love to see this support ticket because I bet my LoL account they didn't say you were banned for what was in THAT specific chat log. And I bet my LoL account and my childs LoL account they didn't say you "deserved" it. I can tell you created this post immediately after this happened in which case, support wouldn't have been capable of reaching you that quickly so I know you're lying. You've been banned because of multiple cases in the tribunal.

No communication between people are your friends list has enough fidedlity to be reported in this first place as it's under your own discretion to talk about what you talk about with them unless they directly reported you with proof(the chatlog) and there was offensive material in it... in the same case, you wouldn't be banned that quickly either because no ticket goes through that quickly.

EDIT: Don't you get on Twinkie's ass for him/her giving you an answer which is both viable and about 99.99% likely to be true.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

01-31-2013

It's true that the Summoner's Code is very vague and open-ended but it entails all of the sort of common sense things that people should be doing in a game where you are always interacting with other players.

In your case, it looks like you might have been automatically banned by a chat bot for using ALL CAPS in a public chat room, which isn't directly stated in the rules anywhere, but has always been part of internet etiquette for as long as I've been using it. Using ALL CAPS is unsightly, annoying, obnoxious, and denotes shouting/loud behavior. People who use all caps constantly are usually doing so to get the attention of someone and doing it constantly in chat probably sets off a red flag to the chat bots that this person is being rude, annoying, or spamming.

Riot usually doesn't comment on bans as a matter of privacy, nor do they lift them in any circumstance. I wouldn't expect a member of Riot support for an apology, but keep in mind that talking in all caps is very rude to most people and try not to do it in the future.

IS12c21647f20a2473e4a91

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BitRager View Post
I would love to see this support ticket because I bet my LoL account they didn't say you were banned for what was in THAT specific chat log. And I bet my LoL account and my childs LoL account they didn't say you "deserved" it. I can tell you created this post immediately after this happened in which case, support wouldn't have been capable of reaching you that quickly so I know you're lying. You've been banned because of multiple cases in the tribunal.

No communication between people are your friends list has enough fidedlity to be reported in this first place as it's under your own discretion to talk about what you talk about with them unless they directly reported you with proof(the chatlog) and there was offensive material in it... in the same case, you wouldn't be banned that quickly either because no ticket goes through that quickly.

EDIT: Don't you get on Twinkie's ass for him/her giving you an answer which is both viable and about 99.99% likely to be true.
Nothing I've done in-game caused this. I sent them this exact same picture and they said I violated the code in a public chat.

Don't believe me? Add me so we can go into public chat together so I can show you I'm not lying. And here's the entire ticket.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=3S2yUcU8
If you want even further proof I invite you to come on TeamViewer and see for yourself that I'm not using inspect element or anything of sorts. I just added you in-game right now. And I'm not trying to "get on Twinkie's ass" I'm just trying to say that that's not the case.