Wodu, The Voodoo Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean on Meth

01-30-2013

I'll draw him if you want

The Lord Impaler

01-31-2013

Bump, like I said this is original MECHANICS, its one of the yet not utilized answers to how a TANK can do the job of Tanking. By definition Tanks don't have high DPS so logically should bypassed them to focus a Carry, thus Tanks always need to have SOMETHING that draws Agro, either a dangerous Ult (Amumu), Enemy Displacement (VoliBear), Dangerous CC (Alistar), dangerous DoT (Singed).

Simply directly transferring damage skips the whole issue of acquiring Agro and hasn't been utilized yet and its a great idea, so long as it needs to be used strategically and is VISIBLE to opponents so they can know whats being transferred ware so they can change targets to counter.

This may also make Melee ADC's more viable as they no longer have to be physically behind their Tanks to survive, a melee ADC could plunges in while Wodu hangs back 'tanking' from the rear rather then the front. Lots of Meta upheaval potential here which keeps the game from getting stale.

Korean on Meth

02-04-2013

Have a bump, still in my bookmarks

H Minnow

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghansondrugs View Post
I'll draw him if you want
This would be really awesome if you could. I'm absolutely horrid at drawing.

H Minnow

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord Impaler View Post
Bump, like I said this is original MECHANICS, its one of the yet not utilized answers to how a TANK can do the job of Tanking. By definition Tanks don't have high DPS so logically should bypassed them to focus a Carry, thus Tanks always need to have SOMETHING that draws Agro, either a dangerous Ult (Amumu), Enemy Displacement (VoliBear), Dangerous CC (Alistar), dangerous DoT (Singed).

Simply directly transferring damage skips the whole issue of acquiring Agro and hasn't been utilized yet and its a great idea, so long as it needs to be used strategically and is VISIBLE to opponents so they can know whats being transferred ware so they can change targets to counter.

This may also make Melee ADC's more viable as they no longer have to be physically behind their Tanks to survive, a melee ADC could plunges in while Wodu hangs back 'tanking' from the rear rather then the front. Lots of Meta upheaval potential here which keeps the game from getting stale.
This was most of my thought process when I ultimately began making the whole kit. If a tank does minimal damage, and has 0 CC, how does he tank? By doing what tanks have always done. Soaked damage. I took it far more literally though and expanded it into someone who sacrifices his own HP to Soak damage off of an ally to do his job. My only worry at this point are the base stats which, as he is a tank, have to be worked around both being a tank, as well as little damage ability. This makes finding a lane a little hard. One of the big things that made me feel this would work is the ability to use Q to gain farm safely. One of my favorite things about Wodu is how dangerous he can make it for the enemy to overdo on AoE's with his W. The other big thing for me is just how interesting the concept of literally absorbing the damage off of one of his carries was for me and it was my bit inspiration as there are no characters to do so in league, and there are very few characters that do it in video games in general.

H Minnow

02-04-2013

Made some changes to the OP mentioned in change log in post 2. Mostly cleaned up original post and added important missing factors.

Managable

02-05-2013

I really liked this. I thought the passive was a bit overpowered until I saw his E. With thornmail he'd be a beast.

H Minnow

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Managable View Post
I really liked this. I thought the passive was a bit overpowered until I saw his E. With thornmail he'd be a beast.
Question about the passive. How does the wording read for you? I want it to read like Chalice does as thats how I wanted it to work. I wanted the passive to be stronger the more HP regen he has without it being ridiculous. After reading this I read over it and it could sound also like I'm saying he regenerates that percent of his health over the time? So how does it read for you?

H Minnow

02-07-2013

Bump

Dzanio

02-08-2013

Passive: Somewhat reminiscent of Udyrís new passive seems reasonable later game; the regen would be too much early. Maybe make it a reduced version of mundoís passive where itís based either upon level or % max health. Possibly like Fioraís passive where it grants hp regen for attacking things etc.
Q: base shield health is a bit high later game. Iíd give this a secondary scaling (besides health) either bonus AD or AP. This would work better if you could cast the shield on allies; part of being a tank is pulling agro.
W: OP. Rework: links himself to target ally; takes a percentage of the damage they would have taken (scales w/ ranks)(damage taken after allied mitigation) as true damage. Since your q is a huge shield I think this would still be OP.
E: considering your current w I think youíre intentionally building an overpowered champ. Build someone who at least pretends to require skill to be viable.
R: well this would be redundant if you took my w rework. Might make this a heal, cc, or AoE buff.