Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Ironstylus...

Udyr. Is he on The List for a VU?

Inner peace. It is yours to give me. Just a yes/no

Pls.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2013
64 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
Parrot wants to remake Sejuani in a fully armored Barbarian (see the Sejuani feedback thread). He is currently discussiong her art rework. That's why I brought it up :P He wants to give some female champions more armor when it makes sense with the character's lore and background.
Guilty as charged.

Neo Cyrus

01-30-2013

Is the new Sejuani model going to be more proportionate? When she stands on her boar to dance she looks like she's 15 feet tall.

Also, a really off topic question: Were skins such as PAX Siver ever sold or were they only given to those at PAX events? I'd like to get one but I'll be damned if I pay $20 to some guy on ebay who literally has boxes full of them.

Reset Button

01-30-2013

Well, we all know who the most needing of VU's are (Sivir, Sion, Taric, etc)
As IronStylus just said Garen needs one less urgently, are there other champions that are going to get some like, Vlad or any of them?

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkaidemor View Post
Just out of curiosity, am I the only one (besides one other guy who posted in this thread) who thinks Garen should also get a rework? His armor just looks silly when compared to the newer armored champions'.

It makes me wish Rugged Garen was his classic skin.
Steiner!Garen pls.

He's goofy, from FF9. The protagonist nicknamed him Rusty. He makes clanking noises every time he runs. His goal in life is to protect the princess at all costs (similar to Lux/Garen?). Very classic loveable knight.

Critmaster Garen

01-30-2013

annies old model was awful.

look at it in the model viewer from another angle. that overly long neck and the form of her head are hideous. i guess, champions didnt get a lot of detail to their model (concerning realistic proportions), back when she was designed, since youre only seeing her from a specific angle anyways.

her rework didnt surprise me at all. she probably needed it most of all the champions.

SaltyMouthful

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Guilty as charged.
I can dig it, but I still want Sunbathing Leona/Mistletoe Sejuani. Her mace could have a mistletoe on the end and the enemies are slowed because their knees are weak. Bristle either has fake antlers and a red nose, or she's riding a sleigh. Every time you Q you hear sleigh bells. Her ult is her blowing a kiss that stuns them. And she's wearing a Santa hat with a viking horn sticking out of it.

Torchide

01-30-2013

Are you guys involved at all with Tencent's personal operations and whoever it was that made LalalaDemacia?

A lot of the jokes were lost in translation to me, but I really loved their season 3 and how they portrayed Leona's character there, as a lost goddess. It fit together with her appearance thematically, and she is able to wear so much armor while still looking as beautiful and as radiant as the sun. I don't play her, but she is one of my favourites, because of the thought put into her, both from response to community demands and how well everything about her works with each other.

thodoris

01-30-2013

Glad to hear about the new Nidalee skin, I hope it is one that makes her look like a badass and a big deal for once. I'm bored of maids and witches with broomsticks

Swanky

01-30-2013

On the note of Visual Upgrades and new Splash arts

Why has Silver Kayle not been given a new splash art or ATLEAST the chinese splash art?

Seriously its been FOREVER