Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2013
62 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
Am I the only one who is looking forward to Karma's rework?

I don't think riot will make her into a stripper, but if she gets some love and gets even more beautiful and elegant while appealing to more people, I'd have no problem with that.

While I always liked that she is elegant, what I honestly liked was her kit or the idea to be able to do clutch heals and shields to save allies from death. While her kit just doesn't fit well for Summoner's Rift as support (more like a mage at the moment), she is pretty fun in Dominion. But I would really like to be able to play her as support one day, although I think a lot of people also want her to stay viable in mid.

I think that is why doing her rework is hard, she doesn't appeal to a lot of people, but her small player base has high expectations. All the while, riot wants to raise her appeal. Bringing both together is probably hard or next to impossible.

But I do have to say that this thread is amazing. So many good answers from reds about the reworks, this is the kind of communication a lot of people love to see. Please keep that up and good job Morello and co.!
We are NOT making her a stripper or ANYTHING CLOSE. I have made EXTRA SURE that visual rework efforts steered away from this trend. We are retaining classy and elegant. There might be a bit more skin but it's going to be damn tasteful.

Animato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Sivir needs to be next!!!!

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We are NOT making her a stripper or ANYTHING CLOSE. I have made EXTRA SURE that visual rework efforts steered away from this trend. We are retaining classy and elegant. There might be a bit more skin but it's going to be damn tasteful.
Thanks! You guys are amazing.

TheEnygma

01-30-2013

Quote:
I think I stole your analogy in another thread:
being lactose intolerant, I prefer Morello's post more

Shinrasaa

01-30-2013

Just to clarify parrot, I tried to express that the chances of her becoming a sexualised character are very low. Everyone knows you have been for more variety in female champion desing for ages, see Sejuani, Diana, etc

So I have trust . Just please don't turn her into a robot :P

Serkaidemor

01-30-2013

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one (besides one other guy who posted in this thread) who thinks Garen should also get a rework? His armor just looks silly when compared to the newer armored champions'.

It makes me wish Rugged Garen was his classic skin.

exe3

01-30-2013

Quote:
Don't make the parrot angry. You won't like it when he's angry. o_o

Torchide

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
...becoming a sexualised character... see Sejuani...

So I have trust . Just please don't turn her into a robot :P
Who is still unfortunately a bikini clad woman in the arctic.

But I'm looking very forward to her rework too! I'm one of the few who still jungles her haha

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-30-2013
63 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkaidemor View Post
Just out of curiosity, am I the only one (besides one other guy who posted in this thread) who thinks Garen should also get a rework? His armor just looks silly when compared to the newer armored champions'.

It makes me wish Rugged Garen was his classic skin.
Garen also needs a VU.. that's what I'm calling Visual Updates now.. spread the word.

He's not a huge priority, but since he's such a staple of the IP he really needs a good once-ver.

Shinrasaa

01-30-2013

Parrot wants to remake Sejuani in a fully armored Barbarian (see the Sejuani feedback thread). He is currently discussiong her art rework. That's why I brought it up :P He wants to give some female champions more armor when it makes sense with the character's lore and background.