@Lyte Tribunal has become too lenient again

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
I'm generally more lenient than most (or so I believe), but I've had a number of cases lately where I punished and the end result was a pardon from the Tribunal. I'm not quite sure it's an epidemic though since while 5 of my last 6 were pardons, there is only 1 other pardon total on the rest of the page and only 2 on the page prior. So I don't know, sometimes I felt the system was a little too bias to punish before.

The one that really baffles me though is this recent one:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6151473/

As you can see the Tribunal majority opinion was to punish, and you need only look at the chat log in the games to see why. However, on my list it shows that in spite of the majority decision to punish the user was pardoned, and if you view the case it clearly shows a punishment of none. I mean, you don't even need to scroll down at all on the 1st games chat to see this persons toxic behavior and yet they're pardoned? Simply amazing.
one of these happened before and player support has explained that this happens when a person is banned manually by a member of the support staff when they also happen to have an active tribunal case

a person can't be banned by the tribunal while already banned, so the punishment displays as "none" in the justice review

rest assured that player was punished, probably with a perma ban

Keonyn

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
That is actually a common bug check it again in half an hour or so it should switch
That one posted days ago, hasn't switched yet. I really hope it is just a bug because someone getting away with that kind of behavior would be unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
rest assured that player was punished, probably with a perma ban
Ah, hopefully that's the case here. Good to know at least that there's a good chance they weren't pardoned after all. Of my recent cases this one was by far the most deserving of punishment, so you can imagine my surprise when it came back on my list stating "Pardon".

Exploding Barrel

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
That one posted days ago, hasn't switched yet. I really hope it is just a bug because someone getting away with that kind of behavior would be unacceptable.

Ah, hopefully that's the case here. Good to know at least that there's a good chance they weren't pardoned after all. Of my recent cases this one was by far the most deserving of punishment, so you can imagine my surprise when it came back on my list stating "Pardon".
Yeah, I think those commonly crop up alongside permaban waves like the one that clearly happened yesterday. Sometimes another case is assembled for them while their previous one was pending Riot review for the perma. Or something like that.

Enterti

01-29-2013

Added picture to the OP

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-29-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

We'll take a look at this. Something looks off.

Enterti

01-29-2013

Thank you very much. I was shocked to see my accuracy go from 90 to 89% within a day.

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll take a look at this. Something looks off.
Take a look over there, there's been multiple reports of this in the topic at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3056967 . I've attatched my own experience below; something's definitely fishy (it's not Fizz). :x

hebble

01-29-2013

Yep. My recent history is the same. I was shocked at a recent string of Pardons. The only comfort, now, is that everyone is seeing this.

0QPe8VDDB3

01-29-2013

6167101 Punish Minority Pardon
6166646 Punish Very Few Pardon
6164155 Punish Very Few Pardon
6162936 Punish Minority Pardon
6162930 Punish Very Few Pardon
6161819 Punish Minority Pardon

I may have judged them wrong, since I may be more strict, but I have never seen 6 pardons in a row where I misjudged all of them.

Warmogs

01-29-2013

It isn't lenient. Getting upwards 200+ honor reset for a case that occured in season 2 and it being called a "warning" isn't lenient at all. Those cases your probably judged different from other people.

123456 ... 9