Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlVIR

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Remaking Karma is totally driven by financials, as the least popular champion in League globally :P
you are going to release karma. then go back to karma classic like the coca cola company did your tricks cant fool me!

Hellioning

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akava View Post
Where the heck did you read that? Dude said nothing like that.
Because Karma getting sexualized is a fear I've had ever since I heard her art was getting remade.

The rest was basically just comedic over exaggeration that failed.

Nytemayr

01-29-2013

Evelynn could really use an art upgrade! her current art is kinda ugly

Hazanshu

01-29-2013

Quote:
Be warned that we have done significant changes - but we've tried to balance the approach between new and legacy.
As long as she keeps her fans and it would be nice of her sort of baiting gameplay was still there.

Goth Skunk

01-29-2013

Quote:
Then why start a conversation at all? I'm not going to to poop a good Lux skin out on command.
I... am ashamed to admit I would pay to see that.

But on a more serious note, the feedback about Aether Wing Kayle was pretty negative upon her release... can you comment on that?

Benmjy

01-29-2013

Wow Morello! You're answering quite quickly! It's nice to see someone monitoring this thread so closely!

CommandShockwave

01-29-2013

Quote:
Then why start a conversation at all? I'm not going to to poop a good Lux skin out on command.
Can you sneeze one instead?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
34 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddish33 View Post
So how much longer do you think karma will be? The changes are just taking too long after you announced a year ago and now you change everything. Couldn't you have caught your mistakes earlier? Or was there something new that came up like just being broken?
This is normal in development - ideas are worthless, testing and iteration is the work. This takes time and to allow people to be creative, you need to allow them freedom to fail so they can find what's right.

I keep being reinforced that I should never talk about anything that's not locked down, because I always have to clean up the mess on the boards if anything unexpected happens - and game development is a very unexpected job :P

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
35 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G View Post
Was Norse King Darius scrapped for Bioforge?
No - Norse King just needs more work overall. I think this is a good example of where we should have prioritized better though.

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
I... am ashamed to admit I would pay to see that.

But on a more serious note, the feedback about Aether Wing Kayle was pretty negative upon her release... can you comment on that?
Not so much negative, more..meh. The skin was good, but could've been (and if you ask me, should have) been better than it was with only a few minor changes.

It just reeked of wasted potential, and like it was rushed out the door.