Nidalee splash rework?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Basically this. Additionally, I'm a bit less sensitive to "well, this other character got something, so I need something for this other character" - that expectation actually can hamstring us from doing stuff that's valuable for players unless we have time to do it 100% of the time.

The Goth Annie splash is older than the early Nidalee skins, so that might have driven the art team to do more here.
My problem with all of this has nothing to do with "she got it and now I want it waaah". The job was never completed. These visual reworks have set a standard. For whatever reason this standard is being disregarded and I call foul on that. It was bad enough Divine Soraka got a weak tweak but Nidalee's skins got flatout skipped. Finish the job before moving on.

Acid Reigns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Yeah, I sort of half agree.

But why is she crying? >.>

And why is she sitting on the floor in the dark?

And why is she surrounded in paper? Does she write poetry, or draw all of a sudden, just because she's goth?

-shrugs- I like the Chinese one, I think they should've used that

http://lolwp.com/wp-content/uploads/Annie_Splash_11.jpg

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Reigns View Post
^And the new one is an annoying stereotypical misrepresentation of goth.

In the Shurima Desert Zilean skin he's not selling time bombs on the back market. That would be racist!
So why's this ok?
Because "goth" is a style represented in popular culture and not an entire history of people's culture and background.

This isn't that difficult a concept, and frankly I think is "outrage for outrage's sake"

Wightraven

01-29-2013

Being perfectly honest I am a goth, and while the previous Annie's gothdom was kind of lame and in question, the current one is way more on the money. Looks like Tim Burton and 90s Hot topic had a baby. Good times.

Yohan Leafheart

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
Being perfectly honest I am a goth, and while the previous Annie's gothdom was kind of lame and in question, the current one is way more on the money. Looks like Tim Burton and 90s Hot topic had a baby. Good times.
I still prefer the chinese art, but the new one is leaps better than the original.

Rivini

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic here.

Date

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Reigns View Post
Yeah, I sort of half agree.

But why is she crying? >.>

And why is she sitting on the floor in the dark?

And why is she surrounded in paper? Does she write poetry, or draw all of a sudden, just because she's goth?

-shrugs- I like the Chinese one, I think they should've used that

http://lolwp.com/wp-content/uploads/Annie_Splash_11.jpg
Chinese one probably showing too much legs for US.

Rivini

01-29-2013

I don't agree with the crying being in there. The crying implies she's more emo than goth. Goths aren't miserable and depressed, even when alone. Riot, you're bringing Emumu's theme to Goth Annie.

What would have been more appropriate is an evil grin and a wicked look in Annie's eyes. Those traits would better depict her ambition for succeeding with her sorcery on Tibbers.

Commander Pony

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche View Post
Is Nidalee ever going to get her splash arts reworked? (her skins)

Just out of curiosity, because Annie had her splash's reworked (including her skins) while Nidalee didn't.
I hope they do, I cant stand it when someone has her pharaoh or cheetah skin.

dat 20 inches long neck.

Lumbreon

01-29-2013

French Maid Nidalee's boobs look like coconuts