Why do Game Developers think they know what the players want? What games failed you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
What exactly are you afraid of Riot doing?

Deleting some fun bug/ gimmick that might show up in the future?
I'm afraid that Riot will show us a new awesome map that's set in a volcano with one half molten and fiery and other half frozen tell us how badass it is and then at the last second troll us by canceling it and turning it into a game mode that no one plays.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Q: Why do Game Developers think they know what the players want?

A: Because they made the game that millions of people play, and the elitists didn't


Q: What games failed you?

A: Diablo 3, but in reality it didn't. Path of Exile comes from the real developers of D1 and D2. They once again knew what I (we based on reviews) wanted. Where Blizzard with their little college graduates couldn't do **** with the amazing IP that was Diablo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

01-29-2013

I think Blizzard is the worst offender of this. Skyrim was a let down as well. I wanted more like Morrowind, but instead they made it even more shallow than Oblivion (not that Oblivion was bad <3).

I'm okay with what Riot does because Morello and Zileas do what I want, specifically. Or rather, I like what they believe we want.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Riot is one of the few companies that is actually focused on what the players want and not some grand vision of the games director.

Things complained about on the forums are and have been tracked for months.

Riot genuinely cares about what the fans want, because they know the fans are the ones who keep them in business.


Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
I think Blizzard is the worst offender of this. Skyrim was a let down as well. I wanted more like Morrowind, but instead they made it even more shallow than Oblivion (not that Oblivion was bad <3).

I'm okay with what Riot does because Morello and Zileas do know what I want, specifically.
I think for skyrim you're confusing "what most people want" with "what I want"
Skyrim did amazing because it's so easily accessible to even the worst gamers.
Sucks that they didn't cater to the more hardcore crowd, but that's how it goes. Skyrim was and still remains a giant success, much more than morrowind ever could ahve hoped to be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Diablo 3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
I'm afraid that Riot will show us a new awesome map that's set in a volcano with one half molten and fiery and other half frozen tell us how badass it is and then at the last second troll us by canceling it and turning it into a game mode that no one plays.
I love Dominion, so meh.

But if Riot can make another balanced map, more power to them: but balancing a new map is quite an endeavor.

(On the flipside, I never play Treeline because it seems to be a pit full of the unwashed Bruiser masses- a champion type I despise as a fan of glass cannons.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Treason

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Zero View Post
Gunz 2 removed the ability to K-style and many other trick moves. This was what made the game unique in its own way. No other game came close to the combat system gunz had. You defied gravity and did it with style(armor and skills) The best part was you did not have to conform to learning K-style.
That's what ruined it, you casual.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsheIsElite

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Left 4 Dead 2. GG Valve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PyroReaper

Member

01-29-2013

ghost recon future soldier... i have lost all faith in Ubisoft. gone is the days of tactical shooter. hello CoD ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
I think for skyrim you're confusing "what most people want" with "what I want"
Skyrim did amazing because it's so easily accessible to even the worst gamers.
Sucks that they didn't cater to the more hardcore crowd, but that's how it goes. Skyrim was and still remains a giant success, much more than morrowind ever could ahve hoped to be.
I see your point. Makes me sad, though. Totally wanted a hardcore adventure in the land of the Nords.