Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morrocc

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
It's a surprise for me, and i would have preferred that Sivir, Yi or Sion got a visual rework first.. But, in my opinion, Garen is supposed to be comical looking. It's like a silly parody of the grandeur of powerful knights' "look how huge and tough this armor is!" type of deal, by making that grand armor look silly.
That occurred to me too, but Garen's never struck me as a satirical character, at least, not in the same way that some of the Yordles are.

Foonakie

01-26-2013

Garens basic splash art to me is awful. Its mainly how his head is covered by his chest. Also because most of the splash artworks look like they're just done better.

Snes C

01-26-2013

No, I've been hoping that she'd get a re-launch for a while now.

Raven Filth

01-29-2013

i think annie remake,its nice. im hoping that Warwick ,taric,garen,Sion, mundo and Ryze have there visual upgraded too.

Nocturnes

01-29-2013

I'm tired of Annie. No one even plays her. She didn't need priority on the remodel and she definitely didn't need another skin...

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
1 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
It's a surprise for me, and i would have preferred that Sivir, Yi or Sion got a visual rework first.. But, in my opinion, Garen is supposed to be comical looking. It's like a silly parody of the grandeur of powerful knights' "look how huge and tough this armor is!" type of deal, by making that grand armor look silly.
Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.

Annie Bot

01-29-2013

You're just hating cuz I look better now

Atyres

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrocc View Post
I'm not saying that it's unwelcome; I'm really liking her new look and Tibbers looks pretty awesome. But it had never occurred to me that she needed it. Yi, Sivir, and Sion are the ones that seem to get the most requests. Did I miss something? Did Riot say that they were going to remake Annie beforehand, or did it surprise you?

Also, in that same vein, who do you think needs a visual rework, but perhaps isn't getting that much attention? New skins notwithstanding, I think that Garen's classic model could use some tweaking. He just seems kind of... comical as is. His armor's so top-heavy that he sways back and forth as he walks.
No, what surprised me was that she got a new skin when there has been a lot of outcry against it and for skins for otherwise skinless champs.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

All I know is right now, I'm learning how to play Annie so I won't suck when I buy her Panda skin.

dogbiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.
her head is bigger than that of most champions in the game