Flashing over walls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cindobeast

01-29-2013

I noticed I get a lot of "flash fails" over walls. Is there certain walls on Summoner's Rift that you can't flash over? Do you have to have your cursor at a certain spot over the wall?

Any other tips on using Flash would be well appreciated!

Chopinator

01-29-2013

The best tip I can give you is to make a custom game, start it with only yourself. When you start, use flash in an area you want to try. Then go practice last hitting minions, once flash is back up try it again. Rinse and repeat. You get to improve you flashes and you get to work on your CS.

PS- You should also buy some wards and practice putting them down as well. You can usually place wards over walls to the other side. Doing this will allow you to check a bush without getting you face melted.

XAlFias

01-29-2013

Almost ALL skill shots (ie. all of ezreal abilities ,even arcane shift ) dashes (ie shen) , wards and flash goes through ALL obstacle (walls , trees , all of them).

If anything passes 50 % of an obstacle , it will be on the other side , just practice in a custom match in the summoner's rift to know all the sweet spots . I strongly recommend to spectate ranked matches and tournaments and you will learn tons of things . I can write alot here but if u watch those ,it'll be way more helpful .

I personally press and hold my right mouse button to the direction i want to go and move the mouse at the edge and keep moving it to successfuly flash on the other side ..But this might not help you . Please never lock the camera on your champ , it's really bad habit and reduces your vision alot .

Hope i helped a bit .

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

01-29-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindobeast View Post
I noticed I get a lot of "flash fails" over walls. Is there certain walls on Summoner's Rift that you can't flash over? Do you have to have your cursor at a certain spot over the wall?

Any other tips on using Flash would be well appreciated!
I think that most "Flash fails" are caused by people pressing flash too early (before they are as close as they need to be to the wall or obstacle in questions) because there's lots of pressure to escape from a high stress situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlFias View Post
If anything passes 50 % of an obstacle , it will be on the other side
Also this is good advice. Try it with ward placement too!

Check out the attached image... this is how, when playing the top team, I can ward that pesky bush in the river without going around the corner using the same concept! (Note: worth practicing to get down. When you miss you are going to feel really silly. I've learned THAT first hand...)

Chopinator

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
Also this is good advice. Try it with ward placement too!
Check out the attached image... this is how, when playing the top team, I can ward that pesky bush in the river without going around the corner using the same concept! (Note: worth practicing to get down. When you miss you are going to feel really silly. I've learned THAT first hand...)
Dont mistake placing a ward for flashing tho, You could not flash over that wall that is shown in the picture, just place a ward.

Mighty Nooblord

01-29-2013

1- Get as close to the wall as you can.
2- Press h to make sure that you aren't moving anymore.
3- Place your cursor at the other side of the wall.
4- Quickly left click (as if you were trying to move over there) and then use flash.

Note that when you left click your champ will try to walk around and find his way to the spot, that's why you gotta left click and then use flash right after it.

cindobeast

01-30-2013

Thanks so much guys. I main support so I'm always warding over walls like in enemy blue/red/base. I think I have my flash fails because I'm panicking or not close enough to the wall yet. Good tips.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-30-2013

if you really want to practice flashing over walls

make sure you take "Mastermind" and "Summoner's Insight" in the utility tree, and purchase the "Distortion" enchantment on your boots

Flash's cooldown can be reduced from 300 seconds to 187.5 seconds combining with those three reducers.

Chopinator

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fs Son0fSilas View Post
if you really want to practice flashing over walls

make sure you take "Mastermind" and "Summoner's Insight" in the utility tree, and purchase the "Distortion" enchantment on your boots

Flash's cooldown can be reduced from 300 seconds to 187.5 seconds combining with those three reducers.
Or Riot could just remove summoner cooldowns from custom games that are 1 player only.

Feedbro

01-30-2013

Praticing with Ezreal is a good idea too. The range on his blink is slightly more than the current flash, but as it's on a much shorter cooldown you can practice more.

I wouldn't suggest practicing on Kassadin, Shaco or Tristana because their blinks/jumps are much longer range than flash.