Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angry View Post
If a necro happens in a forum, and no one's there to ask for it, does it make a sound? (couldn't think of a good punchline)
Heh, that wasn't even a necro.

Though to the be honest there are probably several comments in this thread along the lines of:

"She looks pretty silly in that steel bikini!" followed by "Don't worry, Iron Stylus is on the case."

Mayhaps Meddler has read all of the thread and can note what mentions him?

Catmuffins

01-29-2013

Leave her how she is! She is perfect.

Sir Cutchry

01-29-2013

Meddler asked for ironstylus to address the sejuani issues with her current looks (I believe mainly the boar and how it fails to fit with her kit) and some possibilities to making her look fit more to her skills.

Thessalonike

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
So I did a vanity search and apparently my name is in here somewhere but DAY-UM 205 pages!

What's the question/comment that's parrot pertaining?
Just a general direction the lean is in or a doodle on a napkin would be neat-o.

Kuroi kiri

01-29-2013

Quote:
So I did a vanity search and apparently my name is in here somewhere but DAY-UM 205 pages!

well... you have posted yourself in this thread before also people are asking how her visual rework is coming along

Bakabridget

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Sorry for the confusion here folks. What was on the PBE yesterday was the result of a couple of changed files that govern the application of Frost mixed in with Sejuani's current files, resulting in bugs and bits that didn't make sense together.

To clarify a few things:

1. As previously mentioned the tag for Permafrost will be shifting to a passive on the E, unaffected by tenacity and potentially with a slightly longer duration. Sejuani will get a new passive as a result. Whether that mark can be applied when Permafrost is on CD will depend on how that mark interacts with the rest of the kit - if there's no benefit in having the mark applied it'll be disabled, if there is it'll still be active.
Well an obvious benefit even without it interacting with the rest of the kit is being able to apply it before before the cooldown is up so you can you can use permafrost the exact instant it is available again.

GIANT TROLL

01-29-2013

Too much to say... She could be so awesome, but she is so NOT. She needs a complete overhaul imo.

Housewife

01-29-2013

Quote:

Most recently, Meddler mentioned you in response to someone asking about Sejuani's potential visual changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler
Regarding possible visual changes/tweaks I spoke to Ironstylus the other day and he sounded keen to chat here once we had something we could talk about (no ETA on that yet though sorry).

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-29-2013
22 of 38 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housewife View Post
Most recently, Meddler mentioned you in response to someone asking about Sejuani's potential visual changes.
Ah yes. We have been talking.

We have an opportunity I feel. I've oft mentioned that if I had the chance, I'd reapproach Sejuani to match her concept to her theme. That isn't to say there isn't something neat about metal bikini's, but if we had the chance to re-evaluate how we could execute on her theme of being an awesome barbarian, kick-ass, boar-riding brute from the north, then I'd jump at the opportunity.

Much like Meddler is taking feedback and direction now, I've been collecting feedback and direction for years. There are some thoughts swimming in my head, there are some ideas I have, and I'm going to play around with them if I get the chance.

We desperately want Sejuani to feel better. There is no reason she shouldn't be more widely accepted other than the points brought up here.. which.. well, are a lot of points, but nonetheless, we should not constrain ourselves, even when we've put something out which we feel could use a good once-over that might not be living up to its potential, especially if it's not widely off the mark.

I want to feel awesome playing Sejuani. From an art standpoint, I can't say I feel that way now, and with all of the feedback I've collected on her since we released her, I've been taking mental notes as to what I would want to execute on, how I would solidify her theme, and how I would better integrate that with any possible kit tweaks.

Sejuani is really fertile ground to take something that I think we delivered a 7-8 on and really bump it to a 10. People know my feelings about her, we discuss internally how we feel also. Lots of great conversations are happening, and a lot of cool directions are being devised if indeed we do have this chance.

We shall see.

More to come!

Thessalonike

01-29-2013

Ty, Ironstylus.