Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsha

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidia View Post
I personally could tell because of the weapon and it pry will be easier once the face is on. The type of clothing might be what is throwing them off mostly. Other than that liking how yours is turning out. Mine is going terribly...and painfully slow because I am not good with digital art....
The face may make her...but I wanted to put her in a more priestess-designed outfit. (Too much Sailor Moon). *sigh* I just don't know. T_T

Berjiault

01-28-2013

How does Taric prepare for Season 3? By harnessing the most precious stone of them all!
You can view my process for this image on my DeviantArt. http://killiusboa.deviantart.com/#/d5t3idi

All in all this image was a ton of fun to produce! If i have time this week I may produce another for the contest, preferably one with a little more humour in it. I hope all you artists have the same enthusiasm about your entries. Best of luck to everyone.

InusAngel

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsha View Post
I've been having a bit of trouble with my entry. I'm *trying* to draw Diana if she had been born in the time of the Moons rule, when it wasn't heresy to worship the night goddess, and a lot of my friends continually think I'm drawing Janna. (Even though her moon blade is present.) Is there any advice I can receive to make her look more notably like Diana? NOTE: This *is* a WIP and I know she has no face yet. I also know my line work is poop, I will work on that later. I just want advice on how to make her more like Diana.

EDIT: oh my lord, attachments kill my resolution....http://i.imgur.com/7ut2Uda.jpg
Im pretty sure it's the staff thats throwing people off, i can tell its diana but idk what the staff is for, im not that up to date with all the LoL lore tho either =3

InusAngel

01-28-2013

Theres no problem for sharing my contest submission on this forum is there? cause i would really like to share it im just that proud of it, even if it isnt quite as awesome as some

Yentrix

01-29-2013

puedo mandar una imagen del campeon que he creado yo?

JKGN

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InusAngel View Post
Theres no problem for sharing my contest submission on this forum is there? cause i would really like to share it im just that proud of it, even if it isnt quite as awesome as some
There's a few ppl already sharing their entries here and in the Fan art section.
I suggest posting in Fan Art section if you're looking for feedback on your entry

TammyTank

01-29-2013

-Someone should create a picture of blitzcrank holding a manamura that's evolving into a manamune...
-Or twisted fate throwing out all of his orange, purple, and green cards from his decks and keeping only the red, blue, and gold ones.

Those could be cool. But I wouldn't know for sure, I draw worse than I farm minions

Xite91

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecaek View Post
Since not all of us have photoshop, is there any other way to 'resize' the image to 3000 whatever and 300dpi?
you can set the resolution and size that the scanner scans it onto the computer as, but i'm not completely sure how (as i'm a digital artist) i would look it up on youtube

also guys, if you're looking for a painting buddy over skype add xite91

we can keep each other motivated and give feedback while we work ^^

ChlorrOfTheMask

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsha View Post
I've been having a bit of trouble with my entry. I'm *trying* to draw Diana if she had been born in the time of the Moons rule, when it wasn't heresy to worship the night goddess, and a lot of my friends continually think I'm drawing Janna. (Even though her moon blade is present.) Is there any advice I can receive to make her look more notably like Diana? NOTE: This *is* a WIP and I know she has no face yet. I also know my line work is poop, I will work on that later. I just want advice on how to make her more like Diana.

EDIT: oh my lord, attachments kill my resolution....http://i.imgur.com/7ut2Uda.jpg

I really like your version of Diana so far. The reason people probably view her as Janna instead of Diana is she looks quite "flowy." She has a nice dress, hair is loose and flowing, where as her current art has a body suit and armor, and her hair is tied back.

I also like your style more than the usual digi paintings I am sure a lot of the submissions will be. I will probably use your current version as my desktop background.

This is what I have been working on for the past long while, and still much to do.

Shinichi Okazaki

01-29-2013

OK...
SO, is WOOGLET'S WITCHCAP an option for new items.
It is new, but is it new enough?