Legendary Aether Wing Kayle Takes Flight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackbessie

01-26-2013

As I've read all these comments, people sound really angry, and well, I can somewhat understand it. I'm going to provide Riot with a few points that perhaps they can improve on.

After the outrage with the price on the Lulu skin, I didnt think you'd go up higher. Quite frankly, Lulu got different shield and Pix animations, which is where most of the effort went to, therefore, the price was higher than 975. Now I play Lulu alot, and I already own every other skin from her, she is my favorite so I decided that the money was worth it - simply because of the many noticble changes in colour and spells.
- With the Aether Kayle skin, well, it looks gorgeous, dont get me wrong. But to make this a legendary skin? I felt that you couldve added more colour effects. I assume alot of effort went into making her fly when she is moving around the map, so her character model had to be redone? (I know nothing of a skin process //GOOD IDEA - show the community the process and perhaps you can manage to sell these skins better?//)
Anyhow, her ultimate colour is still the same, eventhough when you use her E, her sword goes into this glowly bright white mode, which is absolutely awesome, but you couldve done the same for the rest of her spells. Her heal couldve had glowly white stars instead of the yellow glow, which again, it isnt spectacular enough to make this a legendary skin. Since you named it a legendary skin after all.
-The legendary Nocturne skin is red/grey/black, and got all his spells in the same colour scheme. This is good, it looks great and it feels like the skin is anything but a recolour of the character, but of everything combined (plus spell animations etc)

What I'm trying to say is that the price seems outrageous for what the customer actually gets. It is great that she is now really flying over the map, but I find that it's only a small extra bonus to what defines a legendary skin for us customers. If you were to make her spells look different from the normal skin (which it does, but it somehow just feels like a visual upgrade on the spells EXCEPT FOR HER E, IT IS AWESOME)
I just wish you had done more to really bright out the airy angel light out of her and into her spells! (LIKE HER E, AAH)

I am just a mere noob when it comes to these commercial things and such. I just wanted to let Riot know what the view of a customer is who has spent alot of money on buying new skins - and what they expect from a skin they are paying for. I hope that someone will read these points from their department and does something with the feedback I've given them.

Also, if you do justify the skin for the price it is, perhaps have a 20% off discount for the first week it launches (for legendary skins, in the future)? Many people that play this game are students, and unless something great like Pulsefire Ezreal comes along (with the theme and the banner/avatar), they will spend less for anything else. That is something what you should do more often, I know people who bought the PE skin just for the avatar/banner. The price is very high now, 3k or something I believe without checking, but it was half price aka legendary skin price when it came out (which obviously created a superhigh flow of sales down to what it is now, I'll bet).
Compare that to this, and I can see why alot of people are upset.

Again, just the honest opinion of another customer who has no clue about commercial sales, I still hope my opinion counts and that Riot will perhaps take these points in consideration next time they release a new awesome skin. I just didnt want to rage on the thread about this skin. I don't think it is fair to deny the people that made this skin of the respect they deserve. It is a beautiful skin/idea and I hope that the quality of the skins will keep improving. However please listen to the community about the prices. It is us that has to buy them after all, no?

Thank you :-)

Landsavage

01-28-2013

Legendary? 1800 pts? No thanks. I'll pass. This is retarded pricing. It's a skin, it looks different. It's not legendary, it has some cool changes. I find myself buying less and less.

XAlFias

02-01-2013

If this skin is 1820 RP , then pulsefire ezreal should be 10k rp , i got no idea what's going on in Riot's head , also what's more annoying is that new players bragging and showing off this skin in bot matches and claiming it gives extra powers , pfff .....
it looks good , but not 1820 rp good .....

Kiddalee

02-06-2013

She almost looks like a seraph.

Falox

02-06-2013

.. The Garen skin is better than the Legendary Kayle Skin.

They should've done Steel Legion Kayle and sold it for 975.

HunnySenpai

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsavage View Post
Legendary? 1800 pts? No thanks. I'll pass. This is retarded pricing. It's a skin, it looks different. It's not legendary, it has some cool changes. I find myself buying less and less.
Do you know what make skins legendary? They basically created a new hero with this skin how easy do you think it is to create completely new animations. lol this skin is most definitely legendary its a complete revamp of the hero basically all the animations for the hero are completely redone I bought this skin and love it totally worth the money , kayle looks even more badass now keep up the good work dev teams!

Electrotapped

03-07-2013

If Arcade Sona is 975 rp, I don't understand how this should be 1820 rp.

Ensanitee

04-22-2013

I bought this skin today, best buy ever. Thank you so much for making this skin, it's beautiful.

antdbzb

06-30-2013

So all the people that liked this skin were down voted...
Okay then

Snapplesummoner

08-09-2013

Should be 975 i agree but what if they lower the quality of it? ._.