Jayce builds?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

01-27-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextii View Post
I heard Jayce falls off late game though, but this is a different build so I could be wrong


For Top lane Jayce is Trinity Force still good on him or is it better replaced by a different item?
I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beauneaux

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.

I feel jayce works against all-in types because of his hammer E being such a good disengage

just my two cents


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.

Guinsoo is ****ing alive. What is this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.
I disagree. I believe it's because Jayce is a poke based champ with superb disengage that he's good vs all in champions. By whittling down the enemy, Jayce can prevent them from really going all in on you lest they be killed. Prevent all in champions from going all in, and you can really just dominate the flow of the lane and even the game.

In fact, I argue that mid is in some sense actually harder for Jayce because of how it's harder to get good angles for your shock blasts as well as the fact that most mid champions can just farm with spells rather easily. The flip side is most mid champs usually have really crappy armor, so you can really chunk them hard. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
I disagree. I believe it's because Jayce is a poke based champ with superb disengage that he's good vs all in champions. By whittling down the enemy, Jayce can prevent them from really going all in on you lest they be killed. Prevent all in champions from going all in, and you can really just dominate the flow of the lane and even the game.

In fact, I argue that mid is in some sense actually harder for Jayce because of how it's harder to get good angles for your shock blasts as well as the fact that most mid champions can just farm with spells rather easily. The flip side is most mid champs usually have really crappy armor, so you can really chunk them hard. :P
****in waffle stream snipin livingston. No worries. I like your Jayce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Fat Man View Post
****in waffle stream snipin livingston. No worries. I like your Jayce.
To be fair, I only did it twice. First two times was coincidence. I was just doing a lot of ranked and we happened to queue at the same time two times in a row. Then I wanted to get trollsy and sniped him.

No worries though. I stopped doing that since then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
To be fair, I only did it twice. First two times was coincidence. I was just doing a lot of ranked and we happened to queue at the same time two times in a row. Then I wanted to get trollsy and sniped him.

No worries though. I stopped doing that since then.

It's ok man. It isn't my elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Fat Man View Post
It's ok man. It isn't my elo.
Lol. He was so mad. Thought he was gonna remove me from the friend list lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iShadowHeart

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Question: Would SoTD be good on Jayce paired with his W in cannon form?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadowHeart View Post
Question: Would SoTD be good on Jayce paired with his W in cannon form?
Yes. It's somewhat similar to Rengar's SotD double Q honestly.