Jayce builds?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Surge I

Senior Member

01-27-2013

I'm gonna try all of death waffles builds the try guinsoo's because he's th first rioter to post on my threads


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

01-27-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Surge I View Post
Guinsoo, you max Q then W right?
Yeah I usually max Q > W > E > R. Ignoring all points in R until the end. I saw Nien max W first when he played him ADC... I tried it a few times and didn't like it. Left me too weak at early levels.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Surge I View Post
I'm gonna try all of death waffles builds the try guinsoo's because he's th first rioter to post on my threads
Let me get more in depth of the build I use then if you're gonna do that because I only gave you a really brief overview of the different builds Jayce can do. This is my Triforce build (the build I always use for Jayce)

Runes
AD Reds
Flat armor yellows
Flat MR blues
MS quints (this is important because it helps you zone out, change positions, and outmaneuver your opponents really easily)

Masteries
21/0/9

Pick up the mana regen and the mana per level masteries from utility tree. I don't go defense masteries because I'm confident in my ability to play safe and avoid harass thanks to Jayce's myriad of tools and the MS quints (MS quints is seriously key in my style of play)

Item build
1. Boots+4 hp pots
2. 2 dorans blade
3. Phage
4. Ninja/mercs
5. Sheen
6. Zeal->Triforce
7. Alacrity Enhancement (with this you'll have 439 MS, 475 with passive, and breaking 500 or so with the accel gate)
8. BT
9. BC
10. GA/Warmogs (depending on which will be more effective vs the enemy comp. Vs burst teams, get warmogs. Vs more sustained damage people, I get GA for resistances)
11. Whatever you want.

Skill Order
1. Q
2. E
3. Q
4. W

From there max Q first, E second, and level R at levels 6, 11, and 16. People like to hate on Jayce's R as his most useless spell, but I disagree. If you level your R, you get free tankiness, a nice bonus to your hammer form's first attack, and a powerful resist shred

Play style

Try to limit harass in lane to only your autoattacks at level 1 and 2. Once you hit level 3, you can start using the shock blast/gate combo to harass. Play safe when you think you might be ganked and more aggressively when you know you won't be ganked (such as when you see their jungler on the other side of the map)

The full, ideal combo for Jayce is

Cannon AA for resist shred->Accelerated Shock blast->Hyper charge->To the Skies!->Lightning Field->AA->Thundering Blow

Typically, however, it's shortened to this:

Accelerated shock blast->To the Skies!->AA->Thundering blow

Sometimes the hammer part and the cannon part of the combo has to be reversed. That's fine too. It all depends on the situation.

Remember, the biggest thing about Jayce is that he's a really combo oriented hero. Try to land all your spells for maximum damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Sotere

Game Analyst

01-27-2013

I think both of those builds do not give Muramana enough credit. It is -incredibly- cost-efficient.

Even if you do not value the mana, or the mana regeneration, a completed Muramana is cost-efficient just for the AD as compared to a B.F. Sword. The toggle is incredibly useful and synergizes with W.

I also see a lot of pros rush Tear of Goddess, then go Brutalizer, then go Blood Thirster. In my opinion (esp. since the buff last patch granting Manamune more up front damage), you should complete that build. The arguably inefficient part of Manamune for people during the early game is the ToG. When you complete it into Manamune you turn it into a better 'immediate stats' item (immediate being those that are of immediate concern in a team fight), and you get to stack it faster because your AAs will also charge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

01-27-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasado View Post
Is the warmogs more or less because of health currently being a big deal?

I find Zephyr to be core on Jayce myself. I don't think there's a single stat on there he can't benefit from in a meaningful way.

Also yes dat steroid

Also good to see you on the forums again, Mr. Hermit
Zephyr is really nice, I agree... but Phantom Dancer gives you crit. If you have IE and Phantom Dancer you can reliably crit on at least one W hit. Which hurts so bad.

Ohi.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotere View Post
I think both of those builds do not give Muramana enough credit. It is -incredibly- cost-efficient.

Even if you do not value the mana, or the mana regeneration, a completed Muramana is cost-efficient just for the AD as compared to a B.F. Sword. The toggle is incredibly useful and synergizes with W.

I also see a lot of pros rush Tear of Goddess, then go Brutalizer, then go Blood Thirster. In my opinion (esp. since the buff last patch granting Manamune more up front damage), you should complete that build. The arguably inefficient part of Manamune for people during the early game is the ToG. When you complete it into Manamune you turn it into a better 'immediate stats' item (immediate being those that are of immediate concern in a team fight), and you get to stack it faster because your AAs will also charge.
The problem I have with the manamune build is that it pretty much ignores two of Jayce's most important spells, his Q and his other Q. Both of those just receive more benefits from something like BT than from Manamune and Triforce just overall synergizes better with jayce than Manamune.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dextii

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.

I heard Jayce falls off late game though, but this is a different build so I could be wrong


For Top lane Jayce is Trinity Force still good on him or is it better replaced by a different item?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFakeSit

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
lol... you'll never get muramana on a champion that constantly spams 7 abilities? if you can't get muramana on jayce you are doing something wrong.
Muramana is not worth the slot unless you're running a poke comp which can't be properly done unless you're in a team that understands the strategy and the whole team centered around never deuling, just poking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextii View Post
I heard Jayce falls off late game though, but this is a different build so I could be wrong


For Top lane Jayce is Trinity Force still good on him or is it better replaced by a different item?
Depends on what you want. Triforce build does make Jayce fall off late compared to the BT build, but it's great for early and mid game.

BT build if you wanna go for the late game

Triforce if you wanna try to demolish the enemy in the mid game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Surge I

Senior Member

01-27-2013

I really like playing mid so that's where I'm going my next match as jayce


1234567 ... 8