Who thinks this is a good idea and would enjoy it?

Yes! Why have you not started it!? Do it! 4 36.36%
No! It's a bad idea and you should bad for it! (Need an answer? Why not Zoidberg?) 3 27.27%
No opinion, but feedback... Maybe. 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thresh Fan Fiction Idea

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goau

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Yes, I know he is a cold blooded, black hearted, sadistic, murderer and torturer, but what if he was not? Instead, what if he wanted to be the most popular champion in the Runeterra?

With that, I submit this idea: a 109+ chapter fan fiction of Thresh gaining the favor of each of the other champions. Some would be easier than others, some harder, and some chapters would be longer than others. The main point is, instead of killing them, since they are popular and would go noticed if they suddenly disappeared, he instead makes friends with them.

Why Thresh and not a different champion? Because I like Thresh.

So, I'll let this stay for a week or two and then get the results. Feedback is appreciated, but keep the flaming to a minimum or none at all. Thank you.

Edit: Some champions, such as Annie, Nunu, Nasus, Brand, etc. will not be included as they are, well, immortal or too young. I will not use children like most horror films do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

Senior Member

01-25-2013

The idea is interesting but:
A: too long
B: Not good for thresh. I know you said "what if he's not" but I like things somewhat Canon.


I want to vote No, but I don't think you are "bad" for it :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goau

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post
The idea is interesting but:
A: too long
B: Not good for thresh. I know you said "what if he's not" but I like things somewhat Canon.


I want to vote No, but I don't think you are "bad" for it :P
You can vote no. It's that way for the Futurama reference. Haha. And thank you for your feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dregen

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Hmm, I think it's an interesting idea, but would be very difficult to pull off in a believable way, because it's so drastically different from both his lore, his appearance, and his abilities.

I think the best strategy would just be to write a short little sample and let us read it. The biggest hurdle would be convincing people to change their beliefs about a certain char, since you'd almost be completely throwing away any reference to his original lore.

Also i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. 109 chapters? My god.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goau

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregen View Post
Hmm, I think it's an interesting idea, but would be very difficult to pull off in a believable way, because it's so drastically different from both his lore, his appearance, and his abilities.

I think the best strategy would just be to write a short little sample and let us read it. The biggest hurdle would be convincing people to change their beliefs about a certain char, since you'd almost be completely throwing away any reference to his original lore.

Also i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. 109 chapters? My god.
After rethinking it, it will not be a full 109 chapters as some of the champions will be excluded. Annie, Nunu, Brand, Anivia, Blitzcrank, Orianna, among others due to their, well, not being old enough or not human.

As to his character, how would the champions, other than those from the Shadow Isles, really know him? His lore states he is described in rhymes and such, but who would completely judge someone on that alone? It's like judging people based entirely off rumors, which I believe some champions would not do.

Finally, he may act completely different in a social environment than he does in a battle; Teemo being a prime example of this. While there will be some tweaking to do, a lot of research, ect. this could be how Thresh lures some to the Shadow Isles: He becomes friends with them. Alternatively, he just flat out kidnaps them, but that's not the point.

I hope this answers your questions and thank you for the feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pepsilicious

Member

01-26-2013

I like your creativity. However I'm not sure whether this Fanfiction for Thresh would work. You can try it, but I might not be so into it.... you know what I mean? XD

I would say so-so to this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IliyaMoroumetz

Member

01-27-2013

Don't see how it could work, since Thresh has been described, in detail, as a someone who doesn't care for justice at all, but his own satisfaction at the suffering of others under the auspices of law and order. He could relate, at best, to a small handful of characters, such as Fiddlesticks and Cho'Gath, who are just as despicable as he is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goau

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliyaMoroumetz View Post
Don't see how it could work, since Thresh has been described, in detail, as a someone who doesn't care for justice at all, but his own satisfaction at the suffering of others under the auspices of law and order. He could relate, at best, to a small handful of characters, such as Fiddlesticks and Cho'Gath, who are just as despicable as he is.
He is very limited in terms of how one can go about making a fan fiction for. I am almost certain Riot would not allow some gore-filled thread on their sight, not saying some people would not want to read it but that most would not. To make up for this, I posed the question of how Thresh could or may go about capturing the champions of the League at a later date; I've already mentioned that he could not spirit them away immediately as that would get him caught.

Yes, he does not care for justice or anything other than his own satisfaction, but that is not want I want to make the fan fiction about. Mainly, it is how he earns the trust of the other champions to, at a later date that will probably never be discussed, and then betrays their trust to capture and them. All this fan fiction will be about is how he earns their trust, how much trust they give him, and, of course, those he is unable to win over. Let's face it, this under jailor will not be friends with everyone, Vayne, the three Kinkou, and others, but that does not mean he can not try.

Thank you for your feedback, both IliyaMoroumetz and Pepsilicious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still Eternity

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goau View Post
He is very limited in terms of how one can go about making a fan fiction for. I am almost certain Riot would not allow some gore-filled thread on their sight, not saying some people would not want to read it but that most would not. To make up for this, I posed the question of how Thresh could or may go about capturing the champions of the League at a later date; I've already mentioned that he could not spirit them away immediately as that would get him caught.

Yes, he does not care for justice or anything other than his own satisfaction, but that is not want I want to make the fan fiction about. Mainly, it is how he earns the trust of the other champions to, at a later date that will probably never be discussed, and then betrays their trust to capture and them. All this fan fiction will be about is how he earns their trust, how much trust they give him, and, of course, those he is unable to win over. Let's face it, this under jailor will not be friends with everyone, Vayne, the three Kinkou, and others, but that does not mean he can not try.

Thank you for your feedback, both IliyaMoroumetz and Pepsilicious.
Riot seems to not care all that much about what story you post, unless it's like, pron. That gets snatched up quick, but everything else pretty much stays. Look around, you'll find some pretty grim tales.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goau

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Eternity View Post
Riot seems to not care all that much about what story you post, unless it's like, pron. That gets snatched up quick, but everything else pretty much stays. Look around, you'll find some pretty grim tales.
Really? Uh... Still, I'm not the kind of person who enjoys gory details.

Thanks for the info nonetheless.


12