Bandle City Embassy of Demacia (Ask Poppy, Again)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makmix

01-26-2013

Mack wanders in to visit Poppy, whistling a tune.

"Hello? Poppy you in here? I don't see you in here."

He looks through a few doors before finding the room Poppy and another man in it.

"Hate to interrupt and what not, but I must ask you Poppy.... Do you drink?"

((btw whistling tune was sleepyhead by passion pit if you wanna hear what it soudns like))

Tjihyana

01-26-2013

((Everyone just walks past a dozen Embassy guards these days.... sad sad days huh :/. ))

makmix

01-26-2013

(( wind magic, i technically was walking on the roofs like walking on the ceilings and going down to check each door and going back up but im too lazy to actually put that in some of my posts))

Wizerdlol

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
"I guess that's true."

Poppy sighed. She'd been doing that a lot, lately. "Still, you should probably not just barge in like that... my staff usually turns away anyone who tries to visit me without an appointment." It was true that Poppy should ease up on Wiz, of that she admitted. As Wiz stood up, this change of heart would be fairly simple to notice from her tone. "In any case, you're here and I'm here. You can sit back down."

"Nice, huh," began Poppy's response to the yordle visitor's idle statement. "An ambassador's task demands travel, so--" a giant spider scratches at Poppy's window-- "it's rather stressful to travel both sides of the Great Barrier on a regular basis--" the Iron Ambassador opens the window and takes a note from what looks like one of Elise's spiderlings, then strokes it softly with her left gauntlet before letting it inside the office for a moment-- "but I represent the voice of Bandle City to Demacia. I wouldn't go as far as saying my job is a joy-ride, but I'm happy with my work."

Poppy quickly took a quill and wrote something on a scroll. When she was finished, she tied it to the spiderling.

"Good luck, little one. You'll need it...." Poppy sets the spiderling back at her windowsill. As it scuttles off, she closes the window again.
The yordle kept silent, listening to Poppy's responce. Nym flew over and sat on the edge of Poppy's desk, looking over her many documents curiously. Wiz sighed, and turned to face Poppy.

I see... Well, I wouldn't want to bother you in your job. I guess i'm gonna go now. The yordle turned and started walking, but he quickly stopped in his tracks. He then turns around, his eyes turning darker.

Theres... One thing I want to... Remind you, Poppy... The yordle narrows his eyes, staring straight at her. The Demacians... Are good people... But there are always those who are corrupted... Those who merely wants everyone dead for their own gain... Especially those in power and authority...

Don't turn like them... Wiz almost spat out the last part, before once again turning and heading for the door. Come Nym, lets not bother the Embassy anymore, lets go. The pixie sighed, and flew over willingly to the yordleès shoulder, and Wiz left the room...

Dear Pöppy

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjihyana
((Everyone just walks past a dozen Embassy guards these days.... sad sad days huh :/. ))
{{ QFT.

Sorry I'm not as active as I could be, guys~ I've been a little busy~. }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizerdlol
Snipped to reduce post length.
"Go in peace," came Poppy's farewell as Wiz left the room. Although the yordle's message was obvious a long time ago, it felt strangely nice for a stranger to tell her "Don't forget what you're fighting for." She returned to her work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmix
(( wind magic, i technically was walking on the roofs like walking on the ceilings and going down to check each door and going back up but im too lazy to actually put that in some of my posts))
>and going back up but im too lazy to actually put that in some of my posts
>but im too lazy to actually put that in some of my posts
>but im too lazy to actually
>but im too lazy
>im too lazy
>lazy
{{ ...Okay, I'm gonna start enforcing my thread now. Here, lemme help you: }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy
"If there is any question that you wish for me to answer, please do not hesitate to submit it through mail [...]"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy
"If you would like to speak with me in person, be sure to make an appointment first. I don't have the free time to answer questions on a walk-in basis at the Embassy itself [...]."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Stark, Door Guard with a Matchlock Pistol
"As for magic, there's plenty o' skilled sorcerers in the guard. Anybody trying to work magic would end up triggering a Circle of Silence [...]."
Quote:
Originally Posted by makmix Didn't Actually Post This, But This Is Roughly How I'm Going to Handle His Question Regardless
"Poppy,

Do you drink?

~ Mack"
Mack,

You won't see me playing drinking games in taverns, but I do drink. Usually, I'll drink to wind down at the end of a day, but nothing more. Waking up with my first hangover was one hangover too many for me, so I pay close attention to how much I drink.

~ Poppy, the Iron Ambassador.

Leo the yordle

01-27-2013

((If I may make a suggestion, perhaps posting those rules on the first page would eliminate any confusion in the future.))

Dear Pöppy

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the yordle View Post
((If I may make a suggestion, perhaps posting those rules on the first page would eliminate any confusion in the future.))
{{ Everything except for the Circle was quoted straight from the OP - the Circle was mentioned on just Page 2. I should definitely edit the main post though, you're right. Thanks~ }}

makmix

01-27-2013

((ty still very green in the forums and i swear i checked out the rules and what not))

"Hmm ok. I can understand that. Have a bottle of Golden Aegis Wine. I've let this age for some time."

He puts the bottle on the ground and takes his leave.

"Another day Poppy, another time."

Tjihyana

01-27-2013

((Not as active as you can? Yet you are around to answer more often than half of these forums ^.^ Remember to venture out of your thread sometimes though. ))

Dear Pöppy

02-01-2013

(( Lost my Internet connection for a few days after posting ;_; I didn't mean no harm btw Makman ))

The Iron Ambassador sits down in a second-floor office, still exhausted after a journey from Bandle City to Demacia. Checking through her mail, Poppy sees only a bill from the Institute of War so many days since opening her Ask column. Not surprising - she had been seeing reduced popularity from the summoners lately.

Settling into her chair, Poppy begins her work once again.