darius is STILL too op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catastrophicSkil

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Bolo rengar lol nice try on that pull darius

Ashe lol can't catch me

Garen lol i can R too

Kayle R lol what damage?

should i go on?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiftless

Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophicSkil View Post
Bolo rengar lol nice try on that pull darius

Ashe lol can't catch me

Garen lol i can R too

Kayle R lol what damage?

should i go on?
No keep going I think he will listen after we list all of darius counters and weaknesses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengwndude View Post
look
the fact is that there are more complaints and arguments against AND for darius

he's easily one of the most debated champion


my argument is this

1. he bursts like a mofo. most burst champions are mages, and they are squishy. even non ap burst champs tend to be on the squishier side
is darius? nope.
2. even if darius SUCKS HARDER THAN A BLACKHOLE FULL OF VACUUMS, saaaaay, 0/10, you still can't 1v1 him. what kind of champion can't you 1v1 ever? tanks usually, but also usually they don't have high damage. i can't think of a match up that's ever safe to 1v1.
3. the worst thing is this. people always say kite him! don't let him hit you! harass him! HIS FRICKIN PULL. even as teemo, your poke is baaaaaarely out of his pull range. which means you're almost always in his pull range if you dare try to attack. jayce has a poke, but it has a moderate cooldown.
you can't farm, cuz he'll rip you to shreads. you can't fight him cuz he'll rip you to shreads.
a fight that's only kites. that's not a fight
Youre evading the question. How do you know you arent the problem.

HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS NOT YOU THAT IS THE PROBLEM


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catastrophicSkil

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharesized View Post
No keep going I think he will listen after we list all of darius counters and weaknesses.
how about

Taric pulled? Lol k stun W run heal nice trade darius keep doing it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigBossBob

Senior Member

01-26-2013

You've got to remember that a normal composition of a group is setup with 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, and one jungler. If the Darius is a "strong" champion he'll certainly be pushing top, so having a jungler come up top to shut him down early game can really disrupt his capabilities. Also remember he's all AD and no AP at all so getting a Thornmail could really help you out immensely.

Just remember, shutting any champion down early game will do wonders late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pengwndude

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Youre evading the question. How do you know you arent the problem.

HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS NOT YOU THAT IS THE PROBLEM

i've been around as long as wukong has. I'm not amazing at this game, but i'm no scrub.

even so, the sight someone picking him makes a lot of people groan and for a game to be enjoyable shouldn't be pure skill. He's not fun to fight against. period.

also, who the eff plays ashe top? Who plays taric top? i did however, did not know that rengar was that effective, so that was useful/

if your argument is that an ult prevents darius from winning, then that's not really promising. Yes kayle can turn invincible for a bit but then you're mortal again for another minute and a half. '
Even if you're one of the few legitimate counters to darius, it's still super dangerous. and darius beats most other tops


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catastrophicSkil

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengwndude View Post
Even if you're one of the few legitimate counters to darius, it's still super dangerous. and darius beats most other tops

umm if you're bad he does

Counters to Darius
yoric
Garen
Jayce
Taric
Ashe
Kayle
Teemo ( if played right)
Cho
Evelyn
Nid
I've seen olaf and Jax do well against darius
rengar (Bolo out ranges Darius's pull)
Morde's shield puts darius to shame
Master yi and that Meditate
rumble ranged pokes
trynda
I don't consider riven a counter but she can lane against him its usually about who gets out played
vlad
Late game almost any ADC with a slow can kite darius
malz

pretty much any champion with an ability that can poke with a range bigger than darius's pull can counter him you poke him out of lane even with wu you can charge in go invis and walk away

its not like there is a small list of champs that counter him if you are talking about top laners there are a bunch i just named melee top lanes are at a bit more disadvantage however they can still beat darius. players make mistakes i don't care how good u think u are and u just need to punish them for that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Direct counters? Jayce, Teemo, Nidalee, Kayle, Yorick, any Ranged ADC, any champion with decent consistent ranged poke (GP, Zed), strong melee champs (who can effectively stack HP) such as Garen and olaf, High damage melee champs such as jax. Item counters? HP and Armor Items. Pretty much any giant's belt items. Beating darius is not hard


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GamerSlayer

Senior Member

01-26-2013

The dunkable ult is the biggest prob, but bleed is also pretty strong too, just not sure if bleed is OP... His ult is like Cho's but too spammable, it's just not fair. I know people will say, "but Cho gets health with his ult" Yes, he does, but he can't do 500 true damage to 5 champs in a row. He gets to eat one champ, granted he does get extra health, but the spammability of Darius' ult is much stronger than the health gained from Cho's. Darius ult is just too strong, if it had a cd, it would be fine, but the o cd part of it is just ridiculous for any champ with that much true damage. There is no counter to his ult. No MR, no armor, nothing will save you save a Kayle ult. BTW, I highly recommend Kayle if you want to troll those OP Darius's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GamerSlayer

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophicSkil View Post
umm if you're bad he does

Counters to Darius
yoric
Garen
Jayce
Taric
Ashe
Kayle
Teemo ( if played right)
Cho
Evelyn
Nid
I've seen olaf and Jax do well against darius
rengar (Bolo out ranges Darius's pull)
Morde's shield puts darius to shame
Master yi and that Meditate
rumble ranged pokes
trynda
I don't consider riven a counter but she can lane against him its usually about who gets out played
vlad
Late game almost any ADC with a slow can kite darius
malz

pretty much any champion with an ability that can poke with a range bigger than darius's pull can counter him you poke him out of lane even with wu you can charge in go invis and walk away

its not like there is a small list of champs that counter him if you are talking about top laners there are a bunch i just named melee top lanes are at a bit more disadvantage however they can still beat darius. players make mistakes i don't care how good u think u are and u just need to punish them for that
You def put some champs on there that are not counters, but can do well against him if played right, which could be said about any champ that does not get dominated by Darius.
So, I revised your list to be more accurate to fix this biased argument.

Counters to Darius
yoric
Garen
Jayce
Taric
Ashe
Kayle
Teemo ( if played right)
Nid
trynda
vlad
Late game almost any ADC with a slow can kite Darius

This is a much better list, and I would add that you have to consider, Darius doesn't lane against adcs so he is a lot more likely to get fed before he ever has to fight them and then has a better chance of killing them. Darius is a machine that was built to pentakill and hopefully, Riot will change his purpose. It is just a stupid idea because he either sucks or he kses all the teams kills and thereby proves to be a bad team player because he is the only one who gets fed.